ZIP code

2001 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Buyer Beware!

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I bought my new 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T and have been consistently let down. I can't get through one service period without the warning light coming on and and every time I take the car in repairs seem to cost $1000 or more. The quality and reliability just aren't there. I've experienced significant problems with just about everything from electrical, mechanical, loss of power, poor gas mileage, down to a tranmission that failed at 105K. Even all the plastic things inside the car like cup holders haven't held up well and I'm not hard on my car. I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and feel bad this didn't turn out to be the car I had hoped for. If you're looking at Volvo, I suggest looking elsewhere."

Be prepared for Repairs

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"The comfort and ride of this car are exceptional. Mechanically very sound as long as your talking about engine ect.. The electrical system in this car is a whole different subject. If you get this car, have a good repair budget. Negatives- Road Noise Loud Blinker No room for passengers in the back seat over 4' tall Terrible Radio Repair Bills are high, often dealer repair is only option due to software Positive- Seats are comfortable and very protective Heated seats are to die for Smooth ride Car never left me stranded Leather is beautiful and easy to clean cockpit space for driver is plentiful Lots of trunk space If I had a bigger repair budget, I would never get rid of my car. I have loved it, but simply cannot afford the repairs."

2002 S60 T5

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"When the car runs, it really runs. When it doesn't run, sit down when the dealer gives you the repair bill... My 2002 S60 T5 is a remarkable car when it is running with no issues. It has lots of power, handles great, and is very comfortable on long trips. I have 60k miles on it and I am overall pleased with the car. I bought the car new in July 2002 and I think that Volvo was still working out some bugs on it. When I first brought the car home I noticed power stearing fluid on the garage floor. I brought it back to the dealer and after 3 tries they replaced the whole power stearing assy. including the rack and pinion and pump. All was well for about 40k miles with just regularly scheduled maintenance. Then I had a YAW (traction control) sensor go bad. It was covered under warranty ($500.00 part). Then at 52k miles my strut mounts went out ($480.00), gas pedal sensor failed (fly by wire part $550.00), sunroof screws loosened up ($160.00), Head Lamp plastic plugs broke from the heat of being on all of the time ($140.00). Besides the little things going wrong the engine and tranny are bullet proof. I put Syn oil in from the start and it doesn't burn a drop. The car handles like a race car. It still looks and runs great and is paid off so I have no reason to get an other one. However I would if I needed to..."

Worst Volvo Ever

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"After 3 Volvo cars I loved (one 740T for 300k miles in 16yrs w/no repairs) this one turned me off for good. Bad brakes, bad transmission, bad front suspension, bad turning radius, bad front wheel drive, cheap PAINTED(???) plastic interior. Enough for me."

The best for your money.

By on Friday, September 7, 2007

"I have been driving my volvo for the last 6 years,Í sell cars and none of them drives like it.The last time i had an inspection done in my car everything looked like new,brakes still have 45% of life,transmission feels great and it keeps performing like when it was new.everything in this car is first quality,you can buy this car today and still loving it six years after.Affordable luxury,performance,styling,utylity great looking car."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I am not normally a car guy, however I test drove multiple vehicles before settling for the S60 Volvo. Well not settling, purchased. This vehicle has been reliable, quick and MPG has been fantastic up near 35mpg freeway. No complaints what so ever!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "upgrade the entertainment unit"

"I have owned a few cars in my time and byfar this one is the best. Its comfortable,fast great on gas and did i mention fast? Its quiet yet you can still hear the engine growl when you step on the gas. if you want to get one i say you should! i have a BMW XDRIVE and to be honest i hardly drive it. this Volvo Rocks! don't believe me go drive one and see for yourself."

Great Reliable Car

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Great long lasting car"

"Love this car, Ive owned many cars (Toyota, Dodge, Ford, Mazda) and this is by far the best one. You get more for your money and they last forever with proper maintenance. Plus i get great gas mileage(32 ) Very Comfortable and smooth ride."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, safe, fast"

Cons: "brake/daytime/signal lights burn out frequently"

"My 2002 Volvo S60 T5 is the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just keeps going with only regular maintenance. There is nothing more comfortable than a Volvo front seat. It just ergonomically fits my body perfectly. The turbo acceleration is excellent. It has every option one could want: Heated seats, cruise and radio controls in the steering wheel, rear headrests that flip down at the touch of a button to enable you to see the road better. I could go on and on, but I highly recommend this great vehicle"

Loved this car - sorry to give it up

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"But it's now 10 years old and I'm ready for new wheels. My sister works for a car magazine and recommended this car to me 10 years ago and she was right all around. The driver's seat is extremely comfortable and supportive; car has plenty of power and is fun to drive; it's had relatively few maintenance issues over the years; and it's pleasing to look at. My biggest beefs about it are (1) turning radius is excessive - my boyfriend's Yukon turns in a tighter circle than the S-60; and (2) the map pockets are a joke - I've had several maps just fall out over the years and become lost. All that said, now that I'm in a market for a new vehicle, I'm looking at buying me a new S-60, along with a few others."