2001 Volvo S60

8.3

Based on 352 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Easy to maintain, trouble free, comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, great mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "Minor paint issues with age, expensive when new"

"This car has the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car. The gas milage is great! Often close to 30MPG that's fantastic for a 3500 lb car. Interior still looks new. uses no oil, no transmission issues. Everything still works after almost 8 years! Very minor issues with HVAC $800.00 repair and the main computer failed once for $800.00 repair. All else maintenance that I could perform myself. Parts are plentiful and redily availabel. New aftermarket brake pads and rotors delivered to your door for $80.00 can't be beat. Have only replace brakes once in 158K mi. Tires wear evenly. It's a very well made car."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "well worth the price, safe, reliable"

Cons: "lousy turning radius (that's all!)"

"This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The only problems I've had were little cosmetic things, everything mechanical works as good as the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. It has a great, solid feel that speaks to its safety ratings. If you take care to have it serviced as recommended, these cars really will last forever. I plan to hand mine down to one of the kids, and buy the XC90 next."

By on Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"I have had my 2004 S60 for over 3 years now. I bought the car with 43k miles in 2007. I now have 123k miles as I have a long commute to work. I have done the scheduled oil changes on time. Other than that i have only put about $250 in other maintenance. Headlights seem to go out at a high rate. But I am very happy with the value from this vehicle."

Great car

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"I bought this car used and have driven for 4 years now. Runs as well as the day i bought it. 140k miles and still feels like a young car. No issues whatsoever."

S60

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"The best built Volvo sold today. Not the performer my trusted 240 turned out to be, but better styling than that "old refrigerator". The S60 provides 500+ miles of driving between fill-ups (good gas mileage & a large gas tank). Also, the car handles and runs like a sophisticated highly engineered vehicle. Enough room in the back seat (S40 too small/ S80 too much that will break). A bit expensive compared to Toyota and Honda but a much better value than a 3-series BMW."

Fantastic

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Great value, intelligent design."

Cons: "Turning radius."

"This is a fantastic vehicle and a wonderful ride. This vehicle has been mine ever since I got my license. Wonderful in the snow and very limited issues with mantainence. Has not failed me yet and I do expect to drive this vehicle for even longer. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who looks for quality and reliablity."

A real value!!

By on Saturday, August 28, 2010

"I have never loved a car until I had this one. My husband bought me a 2001 2.4L for $2200 with 140,000 miles on it. It has about 190K miles now. After replacing a wheel bearing, fixing some minor scratches and dents, inspection and registration and having it professionally cleaned, the total cost was about $4000, including shipping from NJ to PA. Almost needless to say, I was a little upset he spent $4000 on a car with that many miles, even if it was a Volvo. Once I saw and drove it, I fell in love, something that is almost impossible for me. It drives and performs beautifully!! It is great on gas but delivers on performance, it is reliable and "smart", especially for that year. The front seat is comfortable, though the back seat is tight. My oldest child is preschool age now and his legs are starting to reach the backs of the front seats. We are now in the process of buying a Volvo C70 wagon, because I just can't, at this point in my life, even think of not driving a Volvo. Truly a superb car. BRAVO!!!"

Long Lasting

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Bought my s60 2.4i with 112,000 miles, im at 160,000 now after 3 years it still runs like a champ. The only problem it ever had was a faulty fuel pump which we ended up getting a check from volvo because it was defective. So besides fuel and oil, thats all ive ever done to this car."

Buyer Beware!

By on Friday, October 24, 2008

"I bought my new 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T and have been consistently let down. I can't get through one service period without the warning light coming on and and every time I take the car in repairs seem to cost $1000 or more. The quality and reliability just aren't there. I've experienced significant problems with just about everything from electrical, mechanical, loss of power, poor gas mileage, down to a tranmission that failed at 105K. Even all the plastic things inside the car like cup holders haven't held up well and I'm not hard on my car. I'll NEVER buy another Volvo and feel bad this didn't turn out to be the car I had hoped for. If you're looking at Volvo, I suggest looking elsewhere."

Be prepared for Repairs

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"The comfort and ride of this car are exceptional. Mechanically very sound as long as your talking about engine ect.. The electrical system in this car is a whole different subject. If you get this car, have a good repair budget. Negatives- Road Noise Loud Blinker No room for passengers in the back seat over 4' tall Terrible Radio Repair Bills are high, often dealer repair is only option due to software Positive- Seats are comfortable and very protective Heated seats are to die for Smooth ride Car never left me stranded Leather is beautiful and easy to clean cockpit space for driver is plentiful Lots of trunk space If I had a bigger repair budget, I would never get rid of my car. I have loved it, but simply cannot afford the repairs."