2009 Volvo S40

Based on 284 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"What a great car. The best car my wife or I have ever owned, period. After 2.5 years of ownership, my wife and I usually trade in a car on something else out of boredom. Not so with this car. Nothing else on the market tempts us. We have the 2.4i, and it's certainly nimble and quick enough for most things, we sometimes wish we had the T5. Passing performance on a hot day with the AC on is only acceptable on the 2.4i. We did have to replace the tires at 22.5k miles due to crummy tires and weird wear. Replaced with a different brand and it made a world of difference, the car is even quieter and more responsive now. Stock Michy's are crummy tires! We had a couple of electical gremlins pop up in the first year with the climate control and stereo, but the dealership has taken care of the problems and the car has been great ever since. We have the premium stereo and it's the first car I've ever owned or been in that actually lives up to the name. Superb. The best factory stereo I've ever heard this side of $60K+ Lexus, BMW, MB, or Infiniti systems. Fantastic car for road trips. Incredibly comfortable seats. We get about 32-33mpg at steady cruise on the highway. This car, especially with the T5 engine, is a wonderful vehicle. We really love it. Volvo hit a home run with this one."

My daughter's vehcile, which I helped her purchase

By on Friday, October 4, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Auto Check Vehicle History Report Available."

"Terrific vehicle. Purchased after my daughters divorce and wanted a good vehicle for small grandsons safety. Has proved to meet all expectations. Safety, gas mileage, comfort, reliable, handles well in ALL weather."

Excellent car!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Excellent car, good gas mileage"

"I bought my 2009 Volvo s40 last January (2011) and I have yet to encounter a problem with this vehicle!! It is the first car I've ever purchased myself and after much debate on other cars, I couldn't be happier with the car I chose! This is the PERFECT first vehicle, with the perfect amount of room, and great trunk space. It is really good on gas milage and it can get through the snow like a champ. If this is a car you're debating on, you honestly can't go wrong with buying it. Mine doesn't have all of the bells and whistles (sunroof, passenger power seat, power tilt wheel or heated seats) and I'm still so pleased with everything it DOES offer, which is more than any other vehicle I've seen."

Converted for life

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Always admired the design. Purchased a used 2007 S40 last year. Fantastic, sporty, safe, responsive, reliable and fun! Will never own another brand again as long as Volvo maintains this level of quality. I'm converted for life."

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"This is my third S40. I won't drive anything else. I feel completely safe in a Volvo. I was looking at new but this was just one owner with low miles and had extra features. I had looked quite a bit before I bought the first one and I truly feel that you can't get a better value."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S40 near Honolulu. See local deals