2005 Volvo S40

Based on 284 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"What a great car. The best car my wife or I have ever owned, period. After 2.5 years of ownership, my wife and I usually trade in a car on something else out of boredom. Not so with this car. Nothing else on the market tempts us. We have the 2.4i, and it's certainly nimble and quick enough for most things, we sometimes wish we had the T5. Passing performance on a hot day with the AC on is only acceptable on the 2.4i. We did have to replace the tires at 22.5k miles due to crummy tires and weird wear. Replaced with a different brand and it made a world of difference, the car is even quieter and more responsive now. Stock Michy's are crummy tires! We had a couple of electical gremlins pop up in the first year with the climate control and stereo, but the dealership has taken care of the problems and the car has been great ever since. We have the premium stereo and it's the first car I've ever owned or been in that actually lives up to the name. Superb. The best factory stereo I've ever heard this side of $60K+ Lexus, BMW, MB, or Infiniti systems. Fantastic car for road trips. Incredibly comfortable seats. We get about 32-33mpg at steady cruise on the highway. This car, especially with the T5 engine, is a wonderful vehicle. We really love it. Volvo hit a home run with this one."

Should be considered

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"This is the 3rd Volvo S40 I've had in the last seven years. All have been reliable and run great."

Solid

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Me and my girlfriend love the car. The 5 cylinder engine was kind of weird to us in the beginning until we noticed we got 6 cylinder power at 4 cylinder fuel use. It has a nice quiet comfortable ride, handling is very good, sound system is solid and no mechanical problems at all to speak of. People love the looks of the car especially the turn signals on the mirrors."

love my volvo

By on Friday, October 3, 2008

"The only reason I'm on KBB is because I was in an accident yesterday with my S40. I will definitely be purchasing another if mine is totaled. Yes - chances are my S40 is totaled - AND I WALKED AWAY! The only thing I can fault Fergie (I named my S40, because she's not quite a princess, she still had to work) is the head rests. They are a little too far forward, however never caused discomfort. Only annoyed when I wanted to pull my hair back into a ponytail. I would recommend this Volvo 100 times over!"

Converted for life

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"This is my first Volvo. Always admired the design. Purchased a used 2007 S40 last year. Fantastic, sporty, safe, responsive, reliable and fun! Will never own another brand again as long as Volvo maintains this level of quality. I'm converted for life."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S40 near Honolulu. See local deals