2000 Volvo S40

7.7

Based on 190 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Very well-built solid car....prob saved my life

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "180k miles safely driven"

Cons: "cup holder, expensive to replace exhaust"

"After driving this car for 10 years and getting it up to 180k miles...it prob saved my life in a car accident recently. In an accident that would have probably totaled most cars and sent most people to the hospital...I was lucky to only have minor damage on the car and I left with very minor scrapes and bruises. Being able to walk away from a very bad accident without any major injury is why the safety Volvo always highlights is absolutely true."

Solid perfomance

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No longer make as of 2011"

"Bought this car used (17k)and has hand zero issues and performs as well as the newer Volvos today. Handles very well at high speeds and the gas milage is about 36 mpg for me right now. Like this one so much purchase an almost same car for spouse."

Very Safe

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Had a Front end accident at about 45MPH, the car absorbed the impact, the passenger compartment was undisturbed. No injuries, thanks Volvo. This is my wifes car, after the accident, she wanted the exact same car, said she liked the power, the comfortable seats and how they adjusted. Great gas Mileage. Cons: Lights need to be replaced often, poor visibility based on the head rests. Finding tires that provide low noise level is not easy, finally went with the Kumho Ecsta asx, that did the trick. the stock tires were terrible. Synopsis: Styling, handling, gas mileage and safety is great. I like the body style better that the new boxier S40. Oh yeah, adding the spoiler and the mudflaps sure make this car look even better."

A good buy - a fun car.

By on Saturday, February 9, 2008

"I purchased my 04 s40 1 year ago. I put lots of miles on a car and this has been reliable, fuel efficient, tight and really fun to drive. It has lots of torque to pass anything on the road with little effort. The car is light so when the turbo kicks in, you really feel it. It corners well too. It rides a little rough on uneven pavement but I think thats a result of the tight suspension (which makes it corner well) and its overall low weight. I'd recommend this car and I plan on keeping it for another 4+ years."

The Best Car I've Ever Had!

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "A sweet drive with great handling, great in snow!"

Cons: "None!"

"I originally leased this car, new, right after the model was introduced. I drove for a living and it got me around the mid-atlantic in style and comfort. I loved the car so much I purchased it at the end of the lease! I had no problems other than routine maintenance for the first 175,000 miles. Since that time I have had to periodicaly replace parts because of normal wear and tear, afterall, it now has over 244,000 miles on it! I've kept it in good shape and plan on keeping it as my 2nd car, indefinitly. I would recommend a Volvo to anyone! Even my boat has a Volvo outdrive!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo S40 near Honolulu. See local deals