2012 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Roof rattles

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I love this car. I drove all of the hard tops on the market before deciding on the Volvo, the main reason was because "it's a Volvo." I have owned it for 1 year and 1 month and have had it served 11 times for a roof rattle. They finally determined it was an upholstery pin that was loose, removed all the upholstery, replaced the pins and 6 weeks later, it started again. I now am the proud owner of a $45,000 car that I can't stand to drive unless the top is down...no one at volvo seems to care that this all started within 2 weeks of driving it off the lot."

Sleek, Sporty, Attractive - Perfect

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I get compliments on my car all the time. It's not only a beautiful car, but dependable and practical as well. There is room enough for 3 big suitcases in the back. And even when the top is down, there is still room for 1 large suitcase and 1 medium. How awesome is that? I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something fun, yet practical. What more could you ask for? Plus, it's a VOLVO!"

I love it

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Compared to the BMW 3 series convertible (The closest alternative) this one has a more usable and bigger trunk and a pass through. Is much more comfortable - even in the back seat. Blind Spot warning is great. It has saved me from a major accident. I'll never buy another car without it. I will admit that the BMW handled a bit better at speeds and turns faster and tighter than anyone should be driving, but this handles just fine. I haven't had any problems, and it's only been to the dealer for normal service."

Love my froofroo car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet for a convertible"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my C70 for over a year now and LOVE it! It is the first convertible I have owned and I have enjoyed the convenience of the power top and the quietness of the hard-top. The only thing I would improve upon is the turning radius -- you need a wider area to turn around in then I am used to. That minor complaint though will not keep me from buying another one."

I LOVE MY C70 T5

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style and quite drive smooth"

Cons: "fuel mileage in city.."

"Incredible ride...just bought it...is metallic red in color, white soft leather seat...I called it First Class Auto...so quiet, comfortable and fun to ride Hard Top comes down is like owning a robot...jajaja I take the Top Down in the evening after leaving my work...the breeze and the stereo sound and softness of the style is amazing...i always want to owe a VOLVO it is for real one of the nicest cars i ever bought...! I am in love with my car...lol"

Amazing

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Truly a convertible and truly a coupe. No boxy Volvo safety box here! Perfect car except: 1- only one 12 VDC outlet 2- GPS - better off with an after market Garmin 3- With all the features, one needs to stay up late reading the manual. Love it!"

Best vehicle and value I've ever owned

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, looks great even after 68000 miles"

"Just can't find anything major to complain about. Competent dealer, too, if not cheap. I get around 26 -27 mpg in mixed driving - lots of hills, stop and go. Got 33 mpg on a long level high speed drive across Arizona."

The top clunks and rattles!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"This was intended to be our "fun" car, replacing a MINI Cooper S. We previously owned a 97 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon for 12 years and LOVED it. The C70 is very smooth to drive and it looks great. It's a great car for cruising. Unfortunately, that's about it for the positives. It's very tight on the inside, not much room for storage, my head touches the top and I'm 6'. The lighting in center console is difficult to read in the daylight. Controls are confusing and not intuitive. This is not a sports car, it's very nose-heavy and is not happy about changing direction quickly. The seats lack any lumbar adjustment, I find my back hurts after an hour or so in the car. Many other reviews rave about the convertible hardtop being a technological marvel. Mine's been back to the dealer 3 times in 3 months and still rattles like an old beater with 200,000 miles. The dealer is more interested in getting their loaner back as quickly as possible instead of making sure my car is fixed properly. We are definately NOT HAPPY with this vehicle."

Great car in winter, AWESOME the rest of the year

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "once you go topless...."

Cons: "the sun destroys the leather seats"

"C70 is well made, reliable and very safe. And it looks awesome with the top down. The automatic retracting top is convenient and reliable. Mechanically sound for 5 years, only maintenance and wear and tear items. Only down side is the leather seats have taken a beating from sun (and some accidental rain) and show it. But man oh man the feeling driving down the highway in spring/summer/fall with my top down...what a feeling!"

Solid car - looks sharp. Fun to drive!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value."

Cons: "A little smaller than the original C70."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.

"I owned the first generation C70 and this car replaces it. The difference is like night and day. Solid - no rattles. More pep. A little smaller but I got used to it. It looks great; top up and top down. The blind spot is not as bad as the original C70. I love to drive this car."

Cloudy day; still driving with the top down.