2010 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Best looking Converible

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Very satisfied with this model even though it was first year with retractable roof. Minor squeaks, and only negative is poor handling in snow. Also ride on low profile tires is not smooth - suggest 17in wheels with reg tires. Having a spare tire on new models is a plus."

Solid car

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"Overall solid car and good value. It is my wife's car and she really likes it. Car looks and feels well made--no "cheap" items immediately apparent. Convertible hard top works like a champ. Wife loves it. Only draw back is the small trunk spaced due to convertible top storage space. That space is limited whether up or down due to the "restriction" of only placing items in a designated area. I knew this going in so no real issue and most convertibles are this way. Sound system is good. Car power and "pick up and go" is good. Pretty decent for a sedan. My 27 yo son said he thought the car really could sip along, so it seems pretty good. Car is resonsive when driving; turn radius is good. Rear visibility is acceptable. No major issues but not great. Multi-driver seat control programming ( with mirror adustment ) is useful and works well. I didn't get the rear back-up assistant so I can't talk to that. Gas mileage seems good. I haven't done a real mathematical check but fill-ups don't come to fast and don't cost an arm and a leg. ONE POINT. Mt wife's iPOD touch works with the audio system USB access and controls with only the 3.1.3 OS. The new iPOD 4.2.1 OS can only use the aux interface which does not allow controls by Volvo audio. Volvo said this is an Apple issue. Apple said they had not had any problems. Check the internet."

Fantastic Car

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Exterior/interior styling. Exclusivity. Solid feel"

Cons: "Nice if gas tank was a bit larger"

"My 4th convertible including two BMW's. While my 2005 330CIC did excelerate quicker and was a bit more nimble, overall, I like the Volvo better. I think the car is quick enough and handles beautifully. It cruises quietly and is a more "liveable" daily driver than the 330. I have the optional Premium and climate packages with the sovereign leather as well as the Dynaudio and 18 inch rims all of which make the car a very attractive package. Top down driving with the wind blocker and superb stereo is very relaxing. I also love the fact that you just don't see many C70's rolling around. My only detracting comment is the brake pedal is too close to the gas. I'm used to it now but had my shoe partially hit the brake pedal a few times when hitting the gas. I also am not a fan of the exhaust note particularly when compared to the BMW or the FX45 that I owned a couple years ago. Minor issue that the car's comfort and overall performance more than makes up for."

Great exterior design, mediocre interior design

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Hot design + performance w/ great safety features"

Cons: "Ltd leg room; poor latches everywhere"

"People always stare at my car, esp. when the top is down. I like the fact that I'm driving an attractive vehicle that also makes me feel safe. Plenty of power, decent handling, very stable and reliable. What I don't like is that both closing mechanisms on the rear storage compartments broke after the warranty period and Volvo wanted to replace the entire panels at a cost of $1,800 rather than fix the closing mechanism. The other thing I don't like is the limited field of vision while turning, due to the front windshield roof supports. I suppose with a convertible that's unavoidable."

Almost perfect

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We wanted a newer convertible to replace our Sunfire convertible. I fell in love wirh the seats in the Volvo. but rated it only 4*s for comfort because the armrest in the door is 2" too low and the window sill is 2" too high. There seems to be no place to rest your arm. My wife's elbow has accidently hit the express down button for all four windows and this can be a surprise at highway speeds. There is no doubt that compared to the Sunfire this is a heavy vehicle. It handles in a deliberate fashion and is just a little slow in accelerating the first 20-30'. At highway speed (or more) it is very fine. It cost as much as all the cars I have ever owned combined. I hope that I'm as happy with it 10 years from now."

The best convertible value in its class!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Great Styling, Comfortable Seats, Best Value"

Cons: "Lots of warning lights, underpowered engine"

"I've owned my 2011 C70 for almost 2 years. I have never before received SO many compliments on a vehicle. From workers at drive-thru's to folks stopped at a light next to me...all giving shout-outs to how stylish this car is. Always when the top is down too! Mind you, I'm in South FL where there's tons of BMW, Audi, Mercedes convertibles on the roads, but since there aren't that many C70's produced (there is talk the factory in Sweden that manufactures it is being closed down and Volvo may not come out with a replacement convertible) the car is not as ubiquitous as other drop tops. Smooth and quiet ride, but wobbly handling and mediocre acceleration. However, it makes up for these shortcomings in style and safety ratings as well as decent trunk space for a hard top convertible. This is a great commuter car and I get 300+ miles on a full tank. Some quirks you should be aware of: 1. No spare tire- I learned this the hard way, had a flat with damage to the sidewall and had to be towed to dealer and buy a new tire for $300. There is a can of fix-a-flat spray in a compartment instead if your tire damage is on the tread. 2. Electrical warnings- a lot of warnings go on and usually go away on their own- if your car comes with the optional BLIS system you will see the check system light many times. I've always ignored it and the BLIS continues to work perfectly. I've also had the "top malfunction service required" warning where the roof wouldn't close back up. I simply parked the car and re-started the engine after 10 minutes and everything worked again and warning message went away. Even my service advisor at Volvo condones my not taking these warnings too seriously as they usually amount to nothing (on a newer vehicle still in warranty). I had similar electrical quirks with a volvo S40 sedan and a Saab 9-3 convertible...if these things bother you, don't get a Swedish car. This car is super stylish, comfortable and safe besides being a convertible which always ups the fun factor."

Perfect car

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"Love my C70 have had it for 18 months- no problems- fun to drive- comfortable- People watch in amazement when I put up or lower the top- When closed I don't even know its a convertible its so quiet and best of all it gets the highest safety ratings for a convertible unlike BMW 3 series- I can take my kids and grandkids in it knowing they have Volvo safety"

Great Hardtop Convertible

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Great Ride - Comfortable - Quality - Hardtop Conve"

Cons: "Not quite as fast as it's competitors"

"I had my sights on a hardtop convertible and just coming from a G37 I ruled out the convertible version of it. A BMW 3 Series? Ya.. If it was an M3 convertible but then I'd shell out another 30+K and I would never go with anything below the M3 in the line. I was looking for something that was comfortable and had a great ride. I am 6'1 225lbs and I can be in these seats all day long. Top down with the wind blocker up there is no wind buffeting even at 80+ MPH on freeway. With that being said, this is no speed burner vehicle and I have the Polestar version, but it is a great gentlemen's express. I'm in mid 40's and this car fits the bill.. I understand speed having owned a Lotus, some Porches and the car before the G37 was an E55 with a full Renntech Package on it (ran the 1/4 in under 12 secs in 2005. The ultimate question would be if I had the choice to buy it again it would be a definite Y E S! Happy top down motoring folks.."

The Dream Is REAL!

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "Affordable, Beautiful, Comfortable, Polestar Power"

Cons: "Bluetooth: phone only-(I prefer AUX audio anyway!)"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

"I had been dreaming about owning a SAAB 900 convertible ever since I was a teen but the dream changed one day when I was at a parade. I saw several local beauty queens sitting up on top of the back seat of the Volvo C70 as it drove down 5th Avenue and it caught my eye. Then from the first moment I laid eyes on the C70's hardtop convertible - it was the car for me. My dream became a reality in February of 2011 and I still love driving this car today. The expert review is accurate but what they don't tell you is that you can upgrade the power by adding a 'Polestar' performance chip and have the mechanics tune it up for high performance. I did it the first week it was available on an aftermarket basis and now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful, luxury, convertible, rocket ship! Got it in 'Ember Black Metallic' paint and invested in an application of Xzilon Molecular Adhesion before it was ever driven off the lot. It's been on the road for five years and it still turns heads. I can't tell you how often I get compliments - and it never gets old. The dream is real - you can have your cake (a luxury convertible) and eat it too - (that's also a high performance hardtop coupe)!"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

3rd c70 & best

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "looks,trunk space,fun factor"

Cons: "paint quality could be better"

"this is a 2013,black with what I call oyster interior,which is striking.on a recent trip,i got 37.8 mpg.i had to check it twice !the city mpg is not that great,and I run 89 octane.the standard stereo is good,but some songs cause the subwoofers to make some noise/vibrations.overall,a great car !"