2009 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

This car turns heads

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "No other convertible compares to it."

"By far the most reliable car I've ever owned. The convertible top is the best on the market today, I've owned 6 different convertible cars and this is the best one, when the top is up you don't even know your in a convertible."

Best sporty car ever

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Reason: cracked leather seat, more options

Pros: "Fun to drive. I loved this car!"

Cons: "Poor quality leather seats, eats tires!"

"Owned this car 5.5 years and put 96K miles on it driving curvy mountain roads and many HWY miles. I never had the car in the shop except for one time with seat cover and one time for a 60,000 miles maintenance with no repairs. There was plenty of room for my daughter and friend in the back seat with spacious leg room up front. The car drove well and handled the curves like a dream. I drove often with the top down even when it was in the 60's with the heat on. Great heater but AC could use improvement as it takes the car a while to cool off inside. No trouble with the automatic hard top. Gas milage in town was 23 and 24.6 on curvy highway but driving on a straight highway I could get 26.4 mpg. Had to replace the battery at 5 years. With a few months of buying the car I was back in the dealership with the back leather seat cover which started to crack. It was replaced for free but needs it gain at 5.5 years with the bottom seat cracking also. Sub-par quality leather seats. I loved this car and upgraded to a 2013 C70 with more options and better quality leather."

Have it all a hard top or no top

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I have owned countless sedans and convertibles because no car could do it all. The C70 does it all. The teenagers love the stereo with subwoofer. The styling gets lots of attention especially when putting the top up or down. It drives so well and solid even though it's a convertible. pick up is good. The only downside is the gas mileage. But I am having so much fun driving it. I got over the gas mileage."

Very nice, safe car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun, comfy, stylish, head-turning ride."

Cons: "Weak rims and weak headlights."

"I've owned a 2006 model for 6 years, since new. It's my wife's daily driver, but we take it on vacations and fun weekend getaways to the beaches and mountains. We had a few issues with the retractable hard-top early on, but this was the first model year of that feature and was to be expected. Fortunately, all the issues occured while at home and we live near the dealership. The ride is superb. The styling and comfort are both great. While not a super powerful car, the turbocharged I-5 will scoot. The only two complaints I have is that the alloy rims are not robust enough to survive pothole hits. I've had to replace two (very expensive)rims and low-pro tires as a result of the wife impacting nasty potholes. Additionally, while the headlight high beams will light up a stadium, the low beams don't illuminate far enough ahead in order to drive interstate speed limits after dark. The dealership has not been able to adjust them in two separate attempts."

Unsafe headlights

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I purchased my volvo C70 little over 2 years ago. I had test driven several other cars such as the convertible lexus, mercedes and bmw but for the style, trunk capacity with the top down and backseat space I choose the C70. After purchasing my volvo I noticed a couple of things that needed some attention. For one, I had a right rear roof rattle and secondly, I had an issue with my headlights. The problem with my headlights is very poor visibility while driving at night. I can only see for a short distance with a severe drop-off. I feel as if I am driving blindly. It is not enjoyable to drive at night for the strain on my eyes trying to see what is in front of me. I had made several complaints to my local volvo dealer over the past couple years explaining the problem. They tell me the lights are adjusted to factory spects and that's about as far as we get. So every time I take it in for an oil change I make another complaint about the lights hoping to finally get a resolution. The roof rattle is still there as well, making it hard to enjoy driving the car. I love the looks of the car and performance, if only I could have these problems resolved I would completely enjoy driving my $47,000 volvo."

Trammels a bit

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"The performance tires (Pirelli) that came with the car have a tendacy to trammel (pull) on grooved roads. Use all season tires and the problem is solved. Grat car! Love it!"

I love this car!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Awesome conv. top, fun to drive, good gas milege, comfortable for driver and 3 passengers."

Cons: "Run flat tires with no spare"

"I have owned this car for 12 months and have driven 22000 carefree miles during that time. Not a single problem. Looks great, drives great, and it is very comfy even on a long trip. The top is down as long as the temp is over 60 or under 100 degrees. I choose this over a BMW or Mercedes and I'm glad I did!"

By on Friday, June 3, 2011

Pros: "Saftey, milage, value"

Cons: "It gets too hot sometimes to put the roof down"

"I bought my 2007 C70 one year ago with 17k miles. I get compliments all the time on how great it looks, and people freak when they see the hardtop in action. The car is very comfortable to drive; it drives better now that I have Continental tires replacing the rough and noisy Michelins. Otherwise, not a single problem. No squeaks or rattles from the roof. I get about 27 mpg going 70 mph with AC on and probably about 20 mpg in town."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Unfortunately i hit a deer in my Volvo and tore it up, but it was driven away from the sceen! Although i have to replace door, fender, hood and lights, even the paramedics said if it had not been a Volvo it would have been totaled because the deer was a very large 8 pointer! There is no frame damage, only cosmetic! Thank you Volvo!!!"

A GREAT LOOKING CAR

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "great price, good maintenance coverage, great look"

Cons: "Can't think of any at this point in time."

"I ordered this car, overseas delivery, which allowed us to drive it in Europe. It handled well on the autobahn and the twisty, turning roads of Switzerland, Germany and Italy. It was a real "head turner". BLIS was wonderful.We marveled that the car road so well with the 18" wheels. The seats are very comfortable with plenty of leg room. We were amazed that we could easily fit 4 people, a wheelchair and 8 pieces of luggage into the car and trunk! And we are not short people! We are now anxiously awaiting its arrival in America."