ZIP code

2008 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Roof rattles

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I love this car. I drove all of the hard tops on the market before deciding on the Volvo, the main reason was because "it's a Volvo." I have owned it for 1 year and 1 month and have had it served 11 times for a roof rattle. They finally determined it was an upholstery pin that was loose, removed all the upholstery, replaced the pins and 6 weeks later, it started again. I now am the proud owner of a $45,000 car that I can't stand to drive unless the top is down...no one at volvo seems to care that this all started within 2 weeks of driving it off the lot."

Unsafe headlights

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I purchased my volvo C70 little over 2 years ago. I had test driven several other cars such as the convertible lexus, mercedes and bmw but for the style, trunk capacity with the top down and backseat space I choose the C70. After purchasing my volvo I noticed a couple of things that needed some attention. For one, I had a right rear roof rattle and secondly, I had an issue with my headlights. The problem with my headlights is very poor visibility while driving at night. I can only see for a short distance with a severe drop-off. I feel as if I am driving blindly. It is not enjoyable to drive at night for the strain on my eyes trying to see what is in front of me. I had made several complaints to my local volvo dealer over the past couple years explaining the problem. They tell me the lights are adjusted to factory spects and that's about as far as we get. So every time I take it in for an oil change I make another complaint about the lights hoping to finally get a resolution. The roof rattle is still there as well, making it hard to enjoy driving the car. I love the looks of the car and performance, if only I could have these problems resolved I would completely enjoy driving my $47,000 volvo."

Best sporty car ever

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Reason: cracked leather seat, more options

Pros: "Fun to drive. I loved this car!"

Cons: "Poor quality leather seats, eats tires!"

"Owned this car 5.5 years and put 96K miles on it driving curvy mountain roads and many HWY miles. I never had the car in the shop except for one time with seat cover and one time for a 60,000 miles maintenance with no repairs. There was plenty of room for my daughter and friend in the back seat with spacious leg room up front. The car drove well and handled the curves like a dream. I drove often with the top down even when it was in the 60's with the heat on. Great heater but AC could use improvement as it takes the car a while to cool off inside. No trouble with the automatic hard top. Gas milage in town was 23 and 24.6 on curvy highway but driving on a straight highway I could get 26.4 mpg. Had to replace the battery at 5 years. With a few months of buying the car I was back in the dealership with the back leather seat cover which started to crack. It was replaced for free but needs it gain at 5.5 years with the bottom seat cracking also. Sub-par quality leather seats. I loved this car and upgraded to a 2013 C70 with more options and better quality leather."

Sleek, Sporty, Attractive - Perfect

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I get compliments on my car all the time. It's not only a beautiful car, but dependable and practical as well. There is room enough for 3 big suitcases in the back. And even when the top is down, there is still room for 1 large suitcase and 1 medium. How awesome is that? I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something fun, yet practical. What more could you ask for? Plus, it's a VOLVO!"

I love it

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Compared to the BMW 3 series convertible (The closest alternative) this one has a more usable and bigger trunk and a pass through. Is much more comfortable - even in the back seat. Blind Spot warning is great. It has saved me from a major accident. I'll never buy another car without it. I will admit that the BMW handled a bit better at speeds and turns faster and tighter than anyone should be driving, but this handles just fine. I haven't had any problems, and it's only been to the dealer for normal service."

I LOVE MY C70 T5

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "comfort, style and quite drive smooth"

Cons: "fuel mileage in city.."

"Incredible ride...just bought it...is metallic red in color, white soft leather seat...I called it First Class Auto...so quiet, comfortable and fun to ride Hard Top comes down is like owning a robot...jajaja I take the Top Down in the evening after leaving my work...the breeze and the stereo sound and softness of the style is amazing...i always want to owe a VOLVO it is for real one of the nicest cars i ever bought...! I am in love with my car...lol"

Love my froofroo car!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, quiet for a convertible"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I have owned my C70 for over a year now and LOVE it! It is the first convertible I have owned and I have enjoyed the convenience of the power top and the quietness of the hard-top. The only thing I would improve upon is the turning radius -- you need a wider area to turn around in then I am used to. That minor complaint though will not keep me from buying another one."

Amazing

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Truly a convertible and truly a coupe. No boxy Volvo safety box here! Perfect car except: 1- only one 12 VDC outlet 2- GPS - better off with an after market Garmin 3- With all the features, one needs to stay up late reading the manual. Love it!"

The top clunks and rattles!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"This was intended to be our "fun" car, replacing a MINI Cooper S. We previously owned a 97 Volvo 850 T5 Wagon for 12 years and LOVED it. The C70 is very smooth to drive and it looks great. It's a great car for cruising. Unfortunately, that's about it for the positives. It's very tight on the inside, not much room for storage, my head touches the top and I'm 6'. The lighting in center console is difficult to read in the daylight. Controls are confusing and not intuitive. This is not a sports car, it's very nose-heavy and is not happy about changing direction quickly. The seats lack any lumbar adjustment, I find my back hurts after an hour or so in the car. Many other reviews rave about the convertible hardtop being a technological marvel. Mine's been back to the dealer 3 times in 3 months and still rattles like an old beater with 200,000 miles. The dealer is more interested in getting their loaner back as quickly as possible instead of making sure my car is fixed properly. We are definately NOT HAPPY with this vehicle."

Great car in winter, AWESOME the rest of the year

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "once you go topless...."

Cons: "the sun destroys the leather seats"

"C70 is well made, reliable and very safe. And it looks awesome with the top down. The automatic retracting top is convenient and reliable. Mechanically sound for 5 years, only maintenance and wear and tear items. Only down side is the leather seats have taken a beating from sun (and some accidental rain) and show it. But man oh man the feeling driving down the highway in spring/summer/fall with my top down...what a feeling!"