2007 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

One amazing car

By on Monday, April 10, 2017

Pros: "Design, comfort, ride quality"

Cons: "acceleration, fuel economy"

"I currently have a 2007 C70 and its been in my family since it was new. Originally it was only driven during the summer as a convertible. Over the past few years, we have started to drive it everyday, and I have to say that it is fantastic. Quiet, comfortable, can actually fit 4 people in the car, and have enough truck space for everyone. My only complaint is that I dont average the fuel economy that was advertised, although when I am driving with the top down, I could care less, and my only other problem is that I wish it was just a little better in the acceleration department. Overall still a great car"

Roof rattles

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I love this car. I drove all of the hard tops on the market before deciding on the Volvo, the main reason was because "it's a Volvo." I have owned it for 1 year and 1 month and have had it served 11 times for a roof rattle. They finally determined it was an upholstery pin that was loose, removed all the upholstery, replaced the pins and 6 weeks later, it started again. I now am the proud owner of a $45,000 car that I can't stand to drive unless the top is down...no one at volvo seems to care that this all started within 2 weeks of driving it off the lot."

Trammels a bit

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"The performance tires (Pirelli) that came with the car have a tendacy to trammel (pull) on grooved roads. Use all season tires and the problem is solved. Grat car! Love it!"

Have it all a hard top or no top

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I have owned countless sedans and convertibles because no car could do it all. The C70 does it all. The teenagers love the stereo with subwoofer. The styling gets lots of attention especially when putting the top up or down. It drives so well and solid even though it's a convertible. pick up is good. The only downside is the gas mileage. But I am having so much fun driving it. I got over the gas mileage."

The Dream Is REAL!

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "Affordable, Beautiful, Comfortable, Polestar Power"

Cons: "Bluetooth: phone only-(I prefer AUX audio anyway!)"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

"I had been dreaming about owning a SAAB 900 convertible ever since I was a teen but the dream changed one day when I was at a parade. I saw several local beauty queens sitting up on top of the back seat of the Volvo C70 as it drove down 5th Avenue and it caught my eye. Then from the first moment I laid eyes on the C70's hardtop convertible - it was the car for me. My dream became a reality in February of 2011 and I still love driving this car today. The expert review is accurate but what they don't tell you is that you can upgrade the power by adding a 'Polestar' performance chip and have the mechanics tune it up for high performance. I did it the first week it was available on an aftermarket basis and now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful, luxury, convertible, rocket ship! Got it in 'Ember Black Metallic' paint and invested in an application of Xzilon Molecular Adhesion before it was ever driven off the lot. It's been on the road for five years and it still turns heads. I can't tell you how often I get compliments - and it never gets old. The dream is real - you can have your cake (a luxury convertible) and eat it too - (that's also a high performance hardtop coupe)!"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

Unsafe headlights

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"I purchased my volvo C70 little over 2 years ago. I had test driven several other cars such as the convertible lexus, mercedes and bmw but for the style, trunk capacity with the top down and backseat space I choose the C70. After purchasing my volvo I noticed a couple of things that needed some attention. For one, I had a right rear roof rattle and secondly, I had an issue with my headlights. The problem with my headlights is very poor visibility while driving at night. I can only see for a short distance with a severe drop-off. I feel as if I am driving blindly. It is not enjoyable to drive at night for the strain on my eyes trying to see what is in front of me. I had made several complaints to my local volvo dealer over the past couple years explaining the problem. They tell me the lights are adjusted to factory spects and that's about as far as we get. So every time I take it in for an oil change I make another complaint about the lights hoping to finally get a resolution. The roof rattle is still there as well, making it hard to enjoy driving the car. I love the looks of the car and performance, if only I could have these problems resolved I would completely enjoy driving my $47,000 volvo."

Sleek, Sporty, Attractive - Perfect

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I get compliments on my car all the time. It's not only a beautiful car, but dependable and practical as well. There is room enough for 3 big suitcases in the back. And even when the top is down, there is still room for 1 large suitcase and 1 medium. How awesome is that? I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something fun, yet practical. What more could you ask for? Plus, it's a VOLVO!"

Best sporty car ever

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Reason: cracked leather seat, more options

Pros: "Fun to drive. I loved this car!"

Cons: "Poor quality leather seats, eats tires!"

"Owned this car 5.5 years and put 96K miles on it driving curvy mountain roads and many HWY miles. I never had the car in the shop except for one time with seat cover and one time for a 60,000 miles maintenance with no repairs. There was plenty of room for my daughter and friend in the back seat with spacious leg room up front. The car drove well and handled the curves like a dream. I drove often with the top down even when it was in the 60's with the heat on. Great heater but AC could use improvement as it takes the car a while to cool off inside. No trouble with the automatic hard top. Gas milage in town was 23 and 24.6 on curvy highway but driving on a straight highway I could get 26.4 mpg. Had to replace the battery at 5 years. With a few months of buying the car I was back in the dealership with the back leather seat cover which started to crack. It was replaced for free but needs it gain at 5.5 years with the bottom seat cracking also. Sub-par quality leather seats. I loved this car and upgraded to a 2013 C70 with more options and better quality leather."

I love it

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this 1 1/2 years ago and love it. Compared to the BMW 3 series convertible (The closest alternative) this one has a more usable and bigger trunk and a pass through. Is much more comfortable - even in the back seat. Blind Spot warning is great. It has saved me from a major accident. I'll never buy another car without it. I will admit that the BMW handled a bit better at speeds and turns faster and tighter than anyone should be driving, but this handles just fine. I haven't had any problems, and it's only been to the dealer for normal service."