2006 Volvo C70

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

The best convertible value in its class!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Great Styling, Comfortable Seats, Best Value"

Cons: "Lots of warning lights, underpowered engine"

"I've owned my 2011 C70 for almost 2 years. I have never before received SO many compliments on a vehicle. From workers at drive-thru's to folks stopped at a light next to me...all giving shout-outs to how stylish this car is. Always when the top is down too! Mind you, I'm in South FL where there's tons of BMW, Audi, Mercedes convertibles on the roads, but since there aren't that many C70's produced (there is talk the factory in Sweden that manufactures it is being closed down and Volvo may not come out with a replacement convertible) the car is not as ubiquitous as other drop tops. Smooth and quiet ride, but wobbly handling and mediocre acceleration. However, it makes up for these shortcomings in style and safety ratings as well as decent trunk space for a hard top convertible. This is a great commuter car and I get 300+ miles on a full tank. Some quirks you should be aware of: 1. No spare tire- I learned this the hard way, had a flat with damage to the sidewall and had to be towed to dealer and buy a new tire for $300. There is a can of fix-a-flat spray in a compartment instead if your tire damage is on the tread. 2. Electrical warnings- a lot of warnings go on and usually go away on their own- if your car comes with the optional BLIS system you will see the check system light many times. I've always ignored it and the BLIS continues to work perfectly. I've also had the "top malfunction service required" warning where the roof wouldn't close back up. I simply parked the car and re-started the engine after 10 minutes and everything worked again and warning message went away. Even my service advisor at Volvo condones my not taking these warnings too seriously as they usually amount to nothing (on a newer vehicle still in warranty). I had similar electrical quirks with a volvo S40 sedan and a Saab 9-3 convertible...if these things bother you, don't get a Swedish car. This car is super stylish, comfortable and safe besides being a convertible which always ups the fun factor."

Perfect car

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"Love my C70 have had it for 18 months- no problems- fun to drive- comfortable- People watch in amazement when I put up or lower the top- When closed I don't even know its a convertible its so quiet and best of all it gets the highest safety ratings for a convertible unlike BMW 3 series- I can take my kids and grandkids in it knowing they have Volvo safety"

Great Hardtop Convertible

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Great Ride - Comfortable - Quality - Hardtop Conve"

Cons: "Not quite as fast as it's competitors"

"I had my sights on a hardtop convertible and just coming from a G37 I ruled out the convertible version of it. A BMW 3 Series? Ya.. If it was an M3 convertible but then I'd shell out another 30+K and I would never go with anything below the M3 in the line. I was looking for something that was comfortable and had a great ride. I am 6'1 225lbs and I can be in these seats all day long. Top down with the wind blocker up there is no wind buffeting even at 80+ MPH on freeway. With that being said, this is no speed burner vehicle and I have the Polestar version, but it is a great gentlemen's express. I'm in mid 40's and this car fits the bill.. I understand speed having owned a Lotus, some Porches and the car before the G37 was an E55 with a full Renntech Package on it (ran the 1/4 in under 12 secs in 2005. The ultimate question would be if I had the choice to buy it again it would be a definite Y E S! Happy top down motoring folks.."

The Dream Is REAL!

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "Affordable, Beautiful, Comfortable, Polestar Power"

Cons: "Bluetooth: phone only-(I prefer AUX audio anyway!)"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

"I had been dreaming about owning a SAAB 900 convertible ever since I was a teen but the dream changed one day when I was at a parade. I saw several local beauty queens sitting up on top of the back seat of the Volvo C70 as it drove down 5th Avenue and it caught my eye. Then from the first moment I laid eyes on the C70's hardtop convertible - it was the car for me. My dream became a reality in February of 2011 and I still love driving this car today. The expert review is accurate but what they don't tell you is that you can upgrade the power by adding a 'Polestar' performance chip and have the mechanics tune it up for high performance. I did it the first week it was available on an aftermarket basis and now I'm the proud owner of a beautiful, luxury, convertible, rocket ship! Got it in 'Ember Black Metallic' paint and invested in an application of Xzilon Molecular Adhesion before it was ever driven off the lot. It's been on the road for five years and it still turns heads. I can't tell you how often I get compliments - and it never gets old. The dream is real - you can have your cake (a luxury convertible) and eat it too - (that's also a high performance hardtop coupe)!"

C70 Polestar - My Dream Car

3rd c70 & best

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "looks,trunk space,fun factor"

Cons: "paint quality could be better"

"this is a 2013,black with what I call oyster interior,which is striking.on a recent trip,i got 37.8 mpg.i had to check it twice !the city mpg is not that great,and I run 89 octane.the standard stereo is good,but some songs cause the subwoofers to make some noise/vibrations.overall,a great car !"

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Smooth ride and good on gas mileage. Overall fun to driive!!"

good visibility good acceleration good braking goo

By on Friday, September 4, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "feels safe at any speed"

Cons: "navigation system not user friendly"

"sad there is no new model planned"

Love versatility of hardtop and convertible in one

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, little maintenance required"

Cons: "Pricey"

"under 30 seconds.... and you have a convertible, or hardtop car. Safe, drives like a true sports car, but with luxury"

I love it!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous and fun!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"This is my 2nd Volvo C70, but my first one was the soft top convertible. I've had the hard top version for a year now and do not have a SINGLE thing to complain about with it! It drives wonderfully- super smooth- it's comfortable- it's gorgeous and has a lot of power! PLUS, I've never seen a trunk so large for a convertible! Everything that I didn't like about my 2001 C70 was corrected in this version!"

Excellent!!

By on Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Have owned the 2011 C70 for about six months and so far so good. I went with the C70 versus the Lexus ISC and the BMW hartop conv. for the rear seating capacity and the size / functionality of the trunk. The others were too small and not usable. I am about to take the car in for the 7500 mi check up and there are three items which need to be fixed: 1) the sat radio loses its signal all of the time; 2) the headlamp washers wash the entire car, windshield and usually the cars nearby - which is not considerate to others on the road; 3) when filling up the gas tank the pump kicks off about three gallons too soon making it a pain pumping the pump to get a fill up. All three of these things I am sure can be easily adjusted. Otherwise the car has been terrific and very enjoyable to drive."

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Best of Both Worlds

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I love this car! It is a coupe & a convertible. Ride is great, Fun to Drive. Premium sound is well worth the money. I always get compliments on this car, a real head turner."

nice with top down , a real hassle otherwise

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "nice tol look at and ride with top down"

"I went through 3 sets ( 12 tires ) in 90k miles . What is worse , I cracked 7 rims on various city potholes. If you let the window down a crack you get soaked if it is raining outside. The dealer was a horse behind trying to explain the fact that the 'performance tires' mean they last only 15 -20 k miles. The design /alloy was changed in 2007 /08 to allow for more rubber. Interior cramped, cup holders suck . Trunk space is reasonable , even with top down but no spare tire. I had more tire/rim problems in 90k miles and 4 year with this car than in app 700k miles /20 yrs /5 previous cars ( mb e320/acura vigor/subaru/ mob/ford escort)"

One amazing car

By on Monday, April 10, 2017

Pros: "Design, comfort, ride quality"

Cons: "acceleration, fuel economy"

"I currently have a 2007 C70 and its been in my family since it was new. Originally it was only driven during the summer as a convertible. Over the past few years, we have started to drive it everyday, and I have to say that it is fantastic. Quiet, comfortable, can actually fit 4 people in the car, and have enough truck space for everyone. My only complaint is that I dont average the fuel economy that was advertised, although when I am driving with the top down, I could care less, and my only other problem is that I wish it was just a little better in the acceleration department. Overall still a great car"

This is a really great car

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pros: "Upscale quality of materials and workmanship."

Cons: "backseat leg room on the small side."

"I'm not sure which I like better the amazing interior or the exterior. This car looks great inside and out even with the top up. Volvo has been building way upscale quality cars ever since they stopped making cars that look like boxes with wheels. As for performance you can get the car's software upgraded and increase horsepower to 250 which makes a real difference. My car has all the bells and whistles, the stereo is the best i have ever had in a car. Before I owned this Volvo I owned BMWs and lots of them, I have to say the C70 is a much better value than BMW, quality is on the same level but the price is 10K less. The Volvo 5 is not as smooth as the BMW 6 and front wheel drive may not be as good as rear wheel drive but 99% of the time you really can't tell the difference. The Volvo is a very pretty car."

Still Fun & Fresh

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pros: "reliable, safe, stylish"

Cons: "CD player only holds one disk. low clearance"

"I bought this car almost 5 years ago and I still get this new car feeling every time I get in and drive. The vehicle is extremely solid and almost tank-like which is what you want in a convertible - especially when driving at 65 mph in heavy highway traffic, The car has held up well w/ my only complaint being that as with most vehicles, the clearance on the vehicle ideally would be higher. I have a few bottom bumper scrapes. The styling of this vehicle looks very contemporary since the design at the time of purchase was trend setting (e.g. front lights, wheels, etc.) I only wish I didn't get the blue since that seems be the only color I encounter. Resale of this vehicle should be a breeze since my dealer told me "we are always getting calls requesting these, especially if in good condition w/ low mileage." I'd trade in for another volvo convertible if they were only making new ones. In a nutshell, this car was and still is, an instant classic!"

Great car, looks great top up or down.

By on Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pros: "Great looks, fun to drive, rm for 4, very reliable"

Cons: "None I can think of"

"I have had my 2006 C70 for a little over 3 years, and I have put about 60,000 miles on it in that time. It has 95000 total miles. I had to replace the struts at 44000mi but I think the first owner drove the car very hard. 51000 miles later my struts are still solid! I am still driving with the brakes that were on the car when I bought it and they are all at 8 & 9 mm. While the car is not a true sports car, it is plenty sporty. It handles well and has plenty of get-up-and-go. One of my favorite aspects of this car is that my golf clubs stay in the trunk even with the top retracted! You can't find another hard top convertible that will handle a full set of clubs in the trunk with the top down for under $80,000. I have had four different convertibles from three different manufacturers and the C70 is my favorite(you can't count my 72 ragtop corvette. It's a totally different type of car). I am truely happy with my Volvo purchase. All in all, I will be driving this car for a very long time!"

Love my C70

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Everything's great! Love it!"

Loving it

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I love this car. This is my 3rd Volvo model n 4 yrs. My 1st was totalled, my 2nd was not sporty enough 4 me. I love the hard top conv. it is so kool.........and in the winter or rain it's still a hard top. Very sporty car. I am a tall heavy person, the car is very very comfortable. I like ot sitt all the way back so when I put passengers n the rear seats it does feel a bit cramped 4 me."

Excellent value

By on Friday, February 18, 2011

"We purchased this car about 5 months ago, and in 6,000 miles have never regretted our decision. The car is very comfortable, has all the acceleration that we require, and gets excellent gas mileage, actually better than our Turbo Beetle Convertible. We looked at several different convertibles in this class and the C70 was by far the best car for the money. Add in the safe and secure warranty coverage and I don't see how you could do better. Take a test drive and you will be hooked."

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

One of the best kept secrets

By on Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Had a leased 2008 Audi A4 convertible which was a beautiful car.... decided to look around for a hardtop convertible this time. I looked at BMW and Lexus, but I have to say that the Volvo had the most stylish exterior and classiest interior. The Volvo also has the most comfortable seats and two adults can actually sit in the back, at least for a short trip. I don't see that many c70's on the road, which is actually another reason I liked it. Don't expect this car to be race car, but it is definitely a car built for comfort and style."

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good looking, fun, safe vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "White Hardtop convert. .Compliments from strangers"

"I bought this from the original owner and enjoyed it for 2 summers. I now need a 4 door due to helping with grandchildren and needed room for baby car seat."

Every one turns their heads

By on Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pros: "FunFunFun"

Cons: "Looses value quickly,more phone connections"

"I have only one complaint... When I get into my car, and the top is down, I fear hitting my head on the left corner of the windshield. I get into my car with my drivers seat all the way back. Then I adjust my seat forward . I am waiting for the new Volvo convertible to be released."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next