2000 Volvo C70

8.0

Based on 101 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

I luv my c70

By on Thursday, October 2, 2008

"If you want to get into a convertible for not much $$ this is a great car. Not cheap to have serviced ,but great looking. Performance is not the best, turning radius is terrible, but the car looks so good. The window's squeek over every bump (notorious problem) and I only have 60K miles on it. Sound system is good and the car is very spacious compared to all other convertibles, I did my research and chose a 3yr old c70 over a brand new Sebring or a Toyota Solara. I do not regret that choice."

Dream Car

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"I've owned my 2004 C70 LPT for almost 2 years. I've owned BMW and Mercedes recently but the Volvo is a better car all around. Get's 24 mpg in town and close to 30 on the highway going 80 mph. Never had a service issue or problem. Top seals perfectly. Trust me, spend half as much and get twice the car."

Great on the used market!

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I just sold a 2003 C70 convertible with the high-pressure turbo after owning for a year. It was a fabulous car...comfortable and a great low price (on the used market) for such a luxurious and well engineered car. Excellent top operation, great power from the HPT engine, BEST STEREO I'VE EVER HAD IN A CAR. A few quirks, but overall a wonderful ownership experience...no regrets. (Only sold to get something that is better in the twisties, which is more my style)"

Has beena good car

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"I bought this car with 9000 miles on it used from the dealer, and have driven it every day for 5 years. I am happy, but like others I find the turning radius awful, back windows squeak on bumps, and wind noise is what you expect on a convertible. I have had replaced under warranty the radiator resevoir, radio key security sensor, convertible roof module, and that is about it. Service is pricey,and you have to be tough or the Volvo dealer will try to upsell on every occasion other items. Would I buy again, yes. Still tight for a '02 car"

plus and minus

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I love this car...I bought it used with low mileage for a 2000 and it was kept in excellent repair and maintenance. Got it with extended comprehensive warranty, but the warranty is the worst deal I have ever made, it covers virtually nothing. As for the car, as others have said it is beautiful and very comfortable. Handling is OK, acceleration is great when going 40+ but lags at start a bit (turbo lag). I have already replaced back brakes and fixed emergency brakes (previous owner never used them which causes problems apparently). Slight air noise and minor rattling on bumps, true about turning radius being terrible. Also fixed a fuel-air problem but I am being overly careful as I want to own this car a while. Overall great car for the money when bought used but maintenance is keeping this at less than a bargain. Great car though."