ZIP code

2009 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Does everything extremely well

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"The car is a joy to drive, Goes exactly where you point it but without a jittery wheel. Extremely comfortable and quiet. Two useful seats in back. Plenty of power when I need it. It even tows my boat. I do my own maintenance - filters, wipers and such are not overpriced. I average 28 mpg around town. 33 mpg on the highway is common, and the car will deliver 40 mpg at 55 mph if driven carefully. No significant service problems in 43000 miles. This is a wonderful and wonderfully good looking car."

Unique, and a lot of fun!

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Style, handling, performance"

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

"Purchased a 2011 through the Overseas Delivery Program. Picked it up in Gottenberg, Sweden took the ferry to Germany and drove it from Kiel to Munich in one day at speeds up to 125mph. The car drives better the faster you drive it. I absolutely love this car. It's the embodiment of refined sports handling. I did the Polestar upgrade over a year ago and that made it even better. It improved the performance and I got a 1.5 mpg increase. I would love to buy another especially if I could do the overseas delivery again. It's the best kept secret in the entire car industry."

Overseas Delivery Showroom in Sweden

I love this car

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"I really love my C-30, and so does my husband. It is very zippy, and it is definitely safe. I was rear ended by a 17 y/o driving a blazer, and my car held up really well, after being repaired, it is as good as new!!!! In the year that I have owned this vehicle, I have only seen one on the road. Everyone asks me about it. I would recommend this car to anyone that does not have a infant seat to deal with. I babysit my friends baby sometimes, and getting her in and out of the rear facing car seat is a chore, but it is roomy enough, just a chore because of the 2 doors. My kids are all grown, and this is my toy for me and my hubby and pug to drive around in. I love it."

Fast and confortable

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"This car is pretty fast for its size and price, intirior noise is minimal, stick shift is easy to handle and quick response, turbo is very quit, the standard features are awsome, including the stereo. Over all I really enjoy this car."

Unique Auto

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, unique, quick and responsive"

Cons: "1990's Technology, doors are heavy and long"

"Purchased the C30 R - Series in February 2012 from NASHVILLE Volvo. Had a great experience with the dealer. Driving this vehicle is like no experience I have had behind the wheel of a 5 cylinder turbo engine. It handles like a go-cart and has the power when you need it. The R-design interior is very stylish and fits my 6 foot frame to perfection. It really is a two seater and has some draw backs like the doors are very heavy and cumbersome until you get adjusted to a two door, also the display is pretty antiquated for 2012 compared to some of the competitors in this space. I am a cyclist and purchased the bike and wheel holder with the roof rack system from Volvo and I love it, its functional and very stylish. I have driven BMWs for more than 15 years and love the euro driving experience, if you want something a little different and not something everyone has this is a fine choice for the money. I also received a 5 year 60,000 full warranty from the dealer, which was a selling feature for me. Take a test drive!!!"

Great Little Car

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, luxurious, good price"

Cons: "cargo room is tight"

"Our second Volvo(we also had a XC90), bought this car brand new in 2009 and it has been a great vehicle to own. The seats are so very comfortable and the interior isn't crowded like other small cars. Good gas milage and a strong engine are other highs. Definitely would buy another C30, it is definitey a luxurious car at a reasonable price, would reccomend it to anybody who is interested in buying a smaller car."

Great choice in its class

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Performance"

"I really enjoy my car. I have the 2012 c30 premier plus. No r design, no polestar upgrade. Convenience/utility -- It is a 2 person car. The 2 seats in the back are comfy but a real pain to get to. Also you will not be picking up 3 people with tons of luggage in this car. For occasional use the back seats are ok, but nothing more. Performance -- very zippy little car. Handles well, accelerates well. It does not compete with $40-50k sports cars, but it is not meant to compete with them. It beats out every 200hp and less engine that I've tried. More fun than bmw 328i, because its just so much fun to throw the little c30 around. If I could get this car with volvos t6 engine and all wheel drive, I would in a heartbeat. But for front wheel drive, the engine is as powerful as you want. Interior/ Comfort -- I have cloth seats, but I got power heated seats and moonroof. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I've done a few 6-7 hour trips. The interior can feel depressing because it is so non -luxurious. Very utilitarian, especially compared to a decked out bmw 3 or mercedes c. Then again, the c30 is the cheapest volvo. I will never choose cloth seats again. Value/reliability -- great value. 5 year free maintenance except tires, that is really awesome. Reliability hopefully will be good (no issues after 7500 miles). Driving in the northeast winter no problem, probably because the tires this comes with are so awesome (Also I think the dstc helps). Overall -- I would buy again. My criteria was, a new car for $30k or less. Something fun, safe and worry free. This car fits the bill perfectly. 5 years of warranty, by then I'll know if the car is prone to issues. I drive carefully, you can have fun without taking the engine to the redline RPM. If I had $50k I would not buy this car. For $30k new, I can't think of a more fun car (and I drove a bunch of them)."

Very unique, fun to drive car

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, unique design, built like a tank"

Cons: "outdated center stack with tiny screen"

Amazing rear view!

"I own a 2012 Volvo C30. I drove it 25,000 miles in one year of ownership and I am very satisfied with it. It is a very unique car (only saw a couple other C30s on the road in an entire year). If you would like to buy one I would not waste any more time because production stopped in December 2012, so once the current dealer stock of new 2013 C30s is gone, it's gone for good. Ergonomics are outstanding, it has four bucket seats (the back seats are similar to the ones in front). The five cylinder turbo engine is very nice and plenty powerful for me, and the six speed manual transmission is very smooth. Visibility is great due to the huge hatch which is entirely made of glass. I also have the optional BLIS system which constantly monitors blind spots. If you are looking for a center stack with a big color touch screen this isn't the car for you. The display is monochromatic and it automatically switches from black on white during daytime to white on black at night. It is very simple and provides all the necessary information but it is quite spartan. The heated seats work very well, the stereo sounds very good and it has separate equalizers for front and back speakers (not only bass and treble, but an actual equalizer that you can adjust to your liking). My experience with my local Volvo dealer has been outstanding and I will most likely buy another Volvo when it's time for a new car. This is a very unique car and I am quite happy to be driving something that stands out from the millions of Hondas and Toyotas around me."

Amazing rear view!

By on Friday, September 26, 2008

"I have been loving my C30 since I bought it. It looks very cute and unique, I can hardly find another c30 when I was driving which pleased me a lot. About its performance, I dont know cars at all, but I feel very smooth and confident when I am driving it. If you are a young woman and looking for something special other than mini cooper or new beetle, I would like to recommend c30 to you. :-)"

I love this car. Period

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "Fun!"

"I purchased this car new in Feb 2010. The dealer had the new 2011’s in at the time, but I liked this body style better. It been sitting on the lot for a while only because it was a stick: no one seems to want them anymore. I have a T5 6-speed with heated seats, moon roof in titanium gray. It doesn’t have leather, but I think with the heated option they are better than the leather. The car rides incredibly smooth. It handles very well. The rear seats fold flat to make more room. The 4-bucket seats vs. a bench seat in the back are wonderful. I’ve had some pretty tall people in the car (6’5”) and they were comfortable in both the front seats and the back. It is very well built. I get comments on it all the time for it’s style. It was a car that was actually built to last. It’s faster than my ‘06 Mustang GT (and built much better!). The only thing I would like to see is maybe an option for AWD with it? I have noticed that it’s a little squirrelly on slick roads... just have to take it a little bit slower. I have had the windows tinted professionally - looks great that way!"