2009 Volvo C30

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

OUTSTANDING

By on Sunday, November 8, 2009

"My black R Design has been perfect in quality. Seats are extremely comfortable even in long rides. The stereo (Alpine is the brand under the covers) has excellent sound. Not much I would change except the maintenance is a bit pricey to have the dealer change oil and filters and rotate the tires. I get 28MPG at 70+ mph btw..."

Great car

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

"I've had this car for almost two years and am actually considering buying it again next year (so I can take advantage of the new, longer warranty). It's nice-looking, fun to drive, and I get compliments on it all the time!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"I have owned my 2008 C-30 ver1 since Jan 2009. This is a well engineered safe car but in addition it is great fun to drive due to the turbo providing peppy performance and sporty handling. It runs well on premium fuel or mid range octane fuel. No problems so far at 12000mi. Typical Volvo safety...headlights and tail lights on at all times...nice features like the radio remains on until the key is withdrawn and the windows can be adjusted after engine shut-down to provide venting when parked on sunny days. Small details for sure but thoughtful engineering..."

2010 R-Design...Heaven!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"I own a 2010 R-design (T5) that has the automatic geartronic transmission. To sum it all up...This car ROCKS! I'm in motoring heaven when driving this car, which is in the under $32,000 category. Good handling, performance, and gas mileage. Great styling! Better hurry if you want a brand new 2010; most dealers are being flooded with the 2011s now. They changed the front end look a little on the 2011, and I don't like it."

What a great car!

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"I have owned my silver C30, ver.1 for almost 2 years now and have to say that she is holding up nicely. The only issue I have had is with a recall on the clutch but other than that it has been flawless. I love driving this car and only wish the roads in SoCal were smoother so that I could really put it through it's paces. But every now and then I am able to get out to the country and push it. I'm not an agressive driver and so when I do hammer the throttle I am always surprised at the abundant power that it delivers. This Volvo, much like it's larger S40 sibling, is sturdy and feels well made as it should since it's a luxury brand. The styling is by far the best part of this car. I am still getting compliments today and have random people come up to me in parking lots asking questions about it. That does get a little interesting because you never know if they are intersted in the car are just want your money or your car. In any case, this is a great car and I hope to own it for many years to come, which I can see easily happening. That's if I can afford to maintain it after the warranty expires. This is my 4th Volvo and parts and service can get expensive but with regular maintanance it should last."

great handlng, spartan interior, very handy hatch

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "fun driving and spunky, handy for hauling stuff"

Cons: "interior is sparse, wheels are awful to clean"

"I drive hard and this car handles great. The seating material drivers side cracked in 2 years but Volvo replaced it under warranty. Lots of complements on styling. I just wish that the wheels, Sparticus type, didn't pit so badly due to brake dusting. I'd buy again but it doesn't look like they will be available."

C30 great little car

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and reliable"

Cons: "just the seat beats"

"I have had my C30 for a few years now and have seen so few on the road. This surprises me since it is such a fun car to have. People stop me all the time to check it out and ask me about it. I have had no problems with it and it is comfortable also. I have made a few long trips. If I had any complaints, it would be the seatbeats. They lock up and choke the rider or driver, when you try to lean forward. I asked if there was an ajustment but the Volvo dealer said No."

C30

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Handles great; hugs curves. Love the style and comfort."

I'd buy another one...

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I own a 2008 C30 with the 5-speed auto geartronic transmission. It has a responsive powerful engine with a smooth shifting transmission. I love it so far. I would definitely suggest buying one. It's cool to drive a unique looking car that isn't seen everywhere like the Mini or VW GTI. Try to find a 2008 or 2009 with low miles."

Hot Looking Performance Car

By on Friday, August 8, 2008

"I bought my 2008 Volvo C30 in July and love it. It accelerates quickly and corners great. The engine is powerful yet fairly quiet. The "geartronic" automatic is great for someone who wants to change-it-up now and then and not be tied to just a manual shift. I tinted all the windows for a cool new look."