1997 Volvo 850

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

I love my Volvo

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"I've owned Volvos for 35 years. This is the second 850. 215K miles andNOTHING has broken. Original muffler, shocks and only the second battery. Change the oil and tires is all...oh, I changed the spark plugs at 110K! Have hit 3 deer and repairs were easy. This is a nice, convenient, solid feeling car and it's SAFE! the only bad thing is I can't get a brand new one just like it!"

Good Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"My parents bought me an 850GLT for my first car, it had 90k miles on it at the time and the only problem was the breaks. 2k miles into driving it, my odometer broke, and was stuck on 92,455, this can be easily fixed by buying the odometer gear from IPD (google it) and can be done yourself for under $50, (compared to the $300 the dealership will charge you. I used the car's computer to access just how many miles were on my car and turned the odometer accordingly, This is a great first car, and is extremely reliable. the car is 13 years old and the motor still pulls strong. One downside is the lack of space in the rear seats, but there is plenty of room in the front, as well as having a gigantic trunk. If you check one out and the breaks are are noisy, it is a common occurence with 850's to have squeaky breaks"

This car should say practical and fun to you.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "great value for the price, fun to drive, space,"

Cons: "minimal cup holders"

"This car is two simple things, practical and fun. This car is perfect for you if you're a surfer. I've traveled with up to 4 people as far as 400 miles in search of surf and its always proved to have enough space and the power to haul it. This was my first car and it has always served me well. The value for the price is outrageous. Would buy another Volvo."

why the Charles Dickens don't they still make this

By on Monday, June 4, 2012

Pros: "a real car!!!"

Cons: "local cemetary may not allow me to be buried in it"

"when it was 3 yrs olde I asked the Service guy whether it was time to change the muffler. He looked at me like I was from Mars. Still has original muffler after 16 years 116000 miles. Had to replace ball joint after 5 years, radiator after 15 years, 2 sets of rear calipers, antenna froze. Parts aren't exorbitant($180 for Rad). Service costs are expensive so do it yourself. I also have a 2004 S60 which has smaller trunk,less headroom and a moronic plastic oil filter(otherwise a good car)"

Good Car

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"Car has 335,000 have had no major problems with it normal wear and tear stuff at 300plus miles. Engine and clutch are original and it still will smoke both front tires. Its a great car, only complaint is normal electrical problems but ived owned japanese cars that had twice the problems and half the miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 850 near Honolulu. See local deals