1994 Volvo 850

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Good Vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"My parents bought me an 850GLT for my first car, it had 90k miles on it at the time and the only problem was the breaks. 2k miles into driving it, my odometer broke, and was stuck on 92,455, this can be easily fixed by buying the odometer gear from IPD (google it) and can be done yourself for under $50, (compared to the $300 the dealership will charge you. I used the car's computer to access just how many miles were on my car and turned the odometer accordingly, This is a great first car, and is extremely reliable. the car is 13 years old and the motor still pulls strong. One downside is the lack of space in the rear seats, but there is plenty of room in the front, as well as having a gigantic trunk. If you check one out and the breaks are are noisy, it is a common occurence with 850's to have squeaky breaks"

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I have owned this 850 wagon since new. It seem s to get better with age. THe original clutch was changed at 214,000 miles, and I live in San Francisco. All major compnents are still original. Mine is the standard non-turbo model. I am currently getting about 26 mpg in town, and average about 31-35 onthe road. Lots of storage. It always starts and has never left me stranded. I change the oil every 2500 miles, timing belt, water pump, and tune-ups at 60,000 miles, and changed the radiator and heater core at about 250,000 miles as a preventative measure. It's of the least expensive cars per mile I have every owned, and that is a long list. I will drive it until it drops!"

Good First Car

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I got this vehicle as my first car, it was orinally my sisters. At this point it has about 261k miles, even with that many miles it still drives very comfortably and fairly quick. The sport mode feature makes driving it quite fun as the engine makes a great roar even though it's not going much faster than econ mode. Repairing it is a bit of a pain as the bill is usually high, but my family takes the car to European Auto repair shop instead of the dealership and saves money there. Even though it's expensive to repair it doesn't break down often (asuming the car's been taken care of) and it evens out there. In addition the car is very tough, when my sister took it to college it was hit numerous times in the college's cramped parking lot. Most cars would have huge dents, but instead the car only had small scratches and a ding or two. Overall I would recomend this car, it could easily do 300k, very comfy, fairly quick, and tough."

Purs like a kitten

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"14 years old and it still runs good my volvo never lets me down. Just got into an accident this morning I was rear ended and the car that hit me was a hyundai it is undriveable, but hardly a scratch on my volvo."

Good value

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Overall a good buy for me. I have been the second owner on a 1996 850 Turbo. I have now owned it for 4 years. Cons- ABS light has been on and off for the past year. Haven't run a diagnostic on it yet. Check engine light has been on twice. Once for a bank 1 O2 sensor. The other time was for a fuel return line. The O2 sensor is very pricey, i.e.$350 for the part alone. Fuel economy- overall good but I have seen my mixed MPG drop from 27 to 23 over the course of my 4 year ownership. Pros- Other than the above, it is a great buy. It handles exceptionally and performance with the turbo is gratifying. I would certainly repurchase this vehicle if I was in the market for another."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 850 near Honolulu. See local deals