1992 Volvo 740

Based on 9 Ratings for the 1992 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Solid long term investment

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "Unique in the crowd"

Cons: "Older Volvos thru the 900 series do NOT have cup holders. Safety Safety!"

"Any of the 1986 to 1992 700 Series sedans are great values. While they will go 300, 400, and even 500K miles, one should expect various maintenance items to reoccure once you hit 200K. This is not a failing of the car, rather, it is just that system components (like a water pump) wear out long before the car will. My 90 Turbo 5 spd has 302K, and I just had to replace the alternator, and distributor. Rust is never an issue as these cars are fully gavlanized. When working on one of these high mileage cares, be smart: if you are doing a timing belt, consider replacing the crank wheel, and engine seals while your there. Do this once, and you'll never worry again. Overall, great cars, comfortable, reliable. Gas mileage is acceptable given the heavy tank-like construction."

this is a great car over all.

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"This is a great car over all. It keeps on running like a champ. I would drive this car anywhere, and I do enjoy the ride. Gas mileage is about 21mpg highway, not bad for a car this old and 210,000 miles on it"

One of the best used vehicles I've purchased

By on Friday, September 10, 2010

"I bought a 1992 740 turbo wagon two years ago with 162000 miles on it. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle and has a lot of power for a 4 cylinder with the turbo. I'm pretty tall so it's not very comfortable for long drives. The gas mileage isn't great, I average around 19mpg for combined city and highway. It has needed a little time in the shop and in the two years I've owned it I've put about 1000 in repairs. I would buy one of these again and am keeping an eye out for a deal on a similar model."

Indistructible

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"An excellent car that is nearly impossible to kill. The engine keeps running with little maintenance, and will fire up even if it hasn't been run in years. The body is heavy steel that will deflect most low speed collisions with little damage (to the Volvo, You don't want to see the other car). The downside is that the gas mileage is not great, and there was a problem with the clear coat pealing, and the head liner falling down."

I absolutely love this car..though it has querks..

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Durable, reliable mechanical parts, safe."

Cons: "to upgrade your volvo, you buy an older one."

"I have owned this car for over a year now, and after putting about 300$ and some manual labor i have it running like i want it to. Which considering this car is a year older than i am, thats not a bad repair bill so far. Once you get past the little noises it makes, how heavy and clunky the car is, you love it. My only problem with this car is its speed, but even this little 114hp engine has some kick in her. Once you get past the driving a grandpa car factor, this car is awesome. Packed my whole dorm room in it, still havent broken much. Tough little - or frickin huge - car."

Per Page:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volvo 740 near Honolulu. See local deals