2013 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"This SUV is build up for road drive. Fantastic! After 5000 miles of road trip drive in 12 days I did not feel any sign of tired I head V6 Tuareg for three years and I change it for new one V8 Tuareg 2 Fantastic!"

2012 VW Touareg TDI Sport

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Ride, Comfortable, Safe, Solid"

Cons: "Low speed gear changing"

"Been driving it mainly on highway so far. Im getting 33 mpg average, giving me over 800 mile range. Handles great, accelerates like something more sporty at highway speeds due to the torque and its super stable (no roll). You'll catch yourself speeding if you're not careful. I feel safe on my Touareg and the entire vehicle feels solid, great built and not to mention the obvious, it looks awesome. The transmission acts a bit funny at low speeds or when driving around parking lots, shift to S mode to overcome this, works like a charm."

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."