2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

Sporty, solid and smooth!

By on Friday, May 1, 2009

"The Touareg II is an outstanding performer with luxury ride. Powerful yet smooth. Nimble but solid. I've driven more expensive SUV's but none can equal, across the board, the pleasure of driving this VW. You'll feel confident and proud driving a Toureg...and New Engalnd snow is no match for this AWD master! Have fun and feel safe in this superior SUV!"

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."