2012 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

Perfect

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Just perfect for me. Great in the snow, and under normal driving. Handles wonderful.So happy w/ this SUV."

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."