2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Super SUVW

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Awesome ride ,comfort and handling! Goes in the snow like a tank. Plenty of power and smooth but nimble ride. Feels like it can out handle a car! Beautiful interior that looks and feels like it came from the Audi parts bin. So far no troubles and VW treats Touareg owners like royalty. Do yourself a favor and at least test drive one before you buy a comparably priced SUV."

Our First VW!!

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"We love it! It is strong like bull....so well made. We struggle a bit with features. We have the LUX model and it seems that there were so few on the lots that sales folks were not as versed as they should be on teaching the features...this was a bit disturbing. We still have some questions! We have the gorgeous brown wth the new brown leather interior. We had hoped for a woode steering wheel but i is only leather....Lights....action A+"

SUV that provides style

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Fresh design and great mileage for diesel"

Cons: "Had to tint sunroof, as GA sun gets hot in summer!"

"Kids are gone and was looking to buy an SUV that did not have a 3rd row seat, require daily stops at the gas station, yet had it's own identity. After reading reviews of the 2011 model and test driving the TDI Lux, I became a fan. The diesel engine is a "rock star," and I am avg. 23.5 overall with my avg driving speed at 27mph, which defines mostly city driving. I was close to buying a the BMW X5 35d and did drive the Merc 350 Diesel, yet the Touareg had a fresher look and the features were just as strong as the other SUV's. Let's not forget VW is owned by Audi, who is now the king of design, and Porsche is using the same platform on their SUV's...so when it came down to saving $7,500 vs. BMW or Merc - it was an easy decision. Size of car is perfect for a small family, trunk may be a bit small if you are looking to pack lots of gear, yet for my wife and I - it works great. The sunroof if fantastic, the stereo works very well and the touch screen is flawless."

Outstanding safe 5 star SUV

By on Friday, July 2, 2010

"I absolutely LOVE my Touareg, I had an ML320 for 7 years I had nothing but trouble with it, fortunately I purchased the extended warranty. I decided to check out the VW Touareg for my next vehicle, once I test drove it I fell in love with the ride and features. I have a 2008 fully loaded Touareg. I will stick with VW for all my vehicle changes in the future. I love it!!!"

best of the best

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun to drive great engine"

"this it the second touareg that i owned i can no chenge the touareg so i have to buy another one is the prefect suv best of the best"

Love It!

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"Excellent vehicle all year long! Handles great on the beach and even better in the snow! Highly recommend it!"

Great SUV BUT!!

By on Monday, February 15, 2016

Pros: "relaxing behind the wheel,fahrvergnügen!"

Cons: "car starter option for colder climate countries!"

"reliable Yes, roomy Yes, Pleasure to drive highway and city, no issues BUT living in Canada you should have the option to install or have a factory built in car starter,-30C and freeze after work waiting for it to warm up is not right,especially for $60k ."

Driving pleasure - Highly recommended vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Simplay the best in the price range of the car. Never had any issues with my touareg. this is my 2nd touareg and i really love the styling (interior & exterior) and handling on the roads. Highly recommended."

Elephant on roller skates

By on Friday, January 15, 2016

Pros: "It's a Volkswagen! Germany's best SUV"

Cons: "None at current time."

A piece of art.

"This is one of Germany's finest suv. I had it for 3 years, it's a joy to drive. Driving this elephant on roller skate all over central California and Bay Area I get 27-30 mpg. Best of all is that you don't see one on every corner. If you own one of these 9th wonders of the world, you know what I mean. YES I will buy an other one. DAS AUTO ( bulli )"

A piece of art.

2016 VW Touareg TDI

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive with excellent MPG"

Cons: "The VW scandal"

My black beauty

"Outstanding Vehicle, excellent fit and finish. rides like a dream with excellent mpg. it has built in integrity. My only concern now is the TDI scandal. Hopefully this will get resolved soon, Love my Touareg"

My black beauty

Great vehicle for clients, family, and towing...

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "efficient 700mi+ range, quality interior, towing"

Cons: "pricey, front seat does not fold flat"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

"I was looking for a new vehicle that could handle a decent towing capacity (my boat and trailer combined are 6800 lbs), but also was nice enough to carry clients around and was efficient. The Touareg has done all of this and more, exceeding my expectations almost all the time. I will regularly get 31 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph on Cruise control and 32/33 highway @ 70/75 mph not on cruise control. It tows beautifully giving me an honest 16/17 mpg with 6800 lbs behind. Interior quality and fit and finish are great, I frequently get comments that it's the nicest Volkswagen people have seen. Having had the truck now for 37,000 miles, I've only had one major annoying issue, an Oxygen Sensor, that was replaced twice early on. Otherwise it's been great! It's an expensive vehicle, but rewarding and fun to drive...I just wish it sounded more like a diesel!"

Great at towing, hardly notices 6800 lbs. behind.

Buy one. You won't be dissapointed!

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"I have owned over sixty autos over the period of sixty five years. Makes include everything including Ford, Chevy, Buick, Plymouth, Studebaker, Cadillac, VW, Fiat, Jaguar, MBZ, Audi, Porsche. This is the first diesel. I am so impressed about what the VW group has done with this car. I am going to stick with the VW group and Diesels."

The "Un-Premium" premium SUV

By on Monday, December 1, 2014

"Purchased a 2013 TDI LUX new; and now it has 20k on the clock. At around 13k miles, I began experiencing severe tire wear on the inner edges. A trip to the tire shop and $250 later, confirmed my suspicions: the alignment was spot on. Talking with the Pirelli Rep, he feels there is nothing wrong with the tires; and VW provides no warranty on tires. A few cross rotations has them nearly sorted out - not that VW was any help. Then there are the brakes. It seems that my rotors have "warped" @ 16k miles, and VW doesn't feel it is a defect, and is not covered under warranty. In fact, they've gone so far as to tell me "you shouldn't expect brakes/pads/rotors on a 5000 lb vehicle to last over 20,000 miles." My overall take: it has a really nice diesel engine. Fuel Economy stays around 24-26. But, unless you have $1500 dollars laying around to buy new tires every year, and another $600-800 for brakes which should be (but aren't) covered under warranty ever 16-18k miles, this might be a very expensive vehicle for you to own and operate. And don't expect ANY Premium Service for your "Premium" SUV from VW. Fortunately, I have been able to do the work on my brakes myself. I can't imagine paying a VW dealer $1500 or so for new brakes."

Already a host of problems

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Very Stylish, great quality interior, comfortable"

Cons: "Reliability, reliability, reliability"

"When I bought the 2011 Touareg TDI Lux, needless to say I was thrilled. Unfortunately, after having owned it for just over 6 months, I've already had a host of problems. Replaced the glove box, replaced the side view mirrors and the worst–now it's leaking oil. The dealer still doesn't know why. The truck may look stylish, but it's poor competition in the luxury market it's trying to compete in. If you're looking for reliability, I'd look elsewhere."

Like the car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great design and look"

Cons: "Maintenance is a bit pricey"

"Very solid driving feeling. High quality interior compared to the not German competitors. The TDI engine and the 8-speed is great. Great car to pull my boat"

Just brought the dream machine

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Just off the dealer, its been such a joy, create navigation tools. amazing moon roof all the way to the trunk, solid construction, noiseless at 150MP, turns eyes when passing bye, great style, the small height might fool you on space inside, but very comfortable for all 5 passengeers. Execptional redesign compared to earlier model. having driven all vech in 10 different countries. this is the closest you can get to a Roll Royce..................on a budget of 50K.........."

I Like this car because...

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pros: "Driving Aids, Panoramic sunroof."

Cons: "Apple Carplay not there"

"My Wife and I drove a Tiguan since 2012 and we are keeping it. Also Dad has Jetta since 2011 and Sister has a CC since 2013. Hence my opinion would be a biased one.. But let tell you my story. We were blessed with our first child and we started to feel Tiguan was not enough for us especially with baby gear. So we went Shopping. We tried new Pilot (we did not like how it drove. Was not fun nor quite on Highway) We tried MDX (I did not like how it droves and back 2 seats were only for children). Very roomy though. No panoramic sunroof like our Tiguan. We tried Explorer and we were going to make a deal but my wife insisted on a second test drive. Thank god we did not get it. When accelerating inside town all fumes were sucked by ventilation system and we had open windows. We later checked online and found out it was a common problem with the Explorer. Otherwise the explorer was just perfect for us, space wise and highway drive. Very Very comfortable. It is a shame they could not fix this fume issue. We tried the new Acadia. It drove like a European car and was very quite on highway. Everything we wanted was there (especially carplay) except the second row seat. They were too low for adults. We finally decided to pay few extra thousands to get the Touareg. We realized that 3rd row seating in most of these car is not really practical especially our family members (other than baby) are adults. So we thought these 3 rows we will utilize as 5 seater only. Additionally, the Touareg drove sporty when we wanted and super quite on highway when wanted. baby seem to sleep in car every time we go out. the ACC is simply amazing and makes highway drive very easy. We also have a boat so we wanted an SUV capable of pulling it up to northern Ontario during the summer. My experience with Tiguan 4Motion in the snow was really compelling me to get the Touareg also. When it snows, I got no problem. Additionally, we are happy with VW reliability and driving dynamics with our other cars. Mind you we could have added few more thousands for a BMW or Mercedes but we felt these cars were not meant for everyday grind/abuse."

whats great is that the feel of comfort its super.

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

"whats great is that the feel of comfort its super. Love it . already got compliments on the rode of my tourage . my wife never felt more safe driving this vehicle..... she says its like driving a spaceship. no douhgt about it sits are soft and firm , love the navigation system , the way it interacts with the phone awsome . runs like a champ."

as perfect a car as I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pros: "mileage, handling, interior space finish quality"

Cons: "no con venient cd player. hard to update navigatio"

"Recommend without reservation"

Mexico is a mountainou Country but NO snow.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "good allaround vehicle"

Cons: "warranty not good in Mexico"

"Great all around pulls my boat, escorts my friends and it is handy"

Great so Far!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Diesel Mileage, Power, Fun, Sporty, Luxurious,"

Cons: "Sound system"

"I have the 2013 Touareg TDI Lux with about 2,500 miles on it. First off, I love it so far. I was in the market for the ML350 and the Audi Q5/7 and I chose this one and I am glad I did. Better mileage, panoramic sunroof, real leather standard, easier to use navigation and touch screen, memory seats, HD Lights....etc...It blows the other two vehicles away with the Lux Package and is still cheaper. The Mercedes would have been more than 10-15 grand more and they had no selection. The diesel is the way to go, it is awesome to drive. Can't really say anything bad about it so far except the sound system could be a little better, no big deal though. Awesome vehicle....Recommend to everyone!"

Best VW I have owned...period

By on Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, styling"

"I have been a brand loyal VW customer since 2003, all of them being TDIs. I had two Golf TDI before getting my Touareg and I've never regretted having this SUV. In fact, having the TDI engine in this flagship SUV made complete sense. If you're familiar with the service intervals, it is a no brainer. Every 10K. Yes, it's a German car and some things will be a little bit more, but it is worth it and I have a great mechanic that services my vehicles. This car is extremely comfortable and makes distance driving a joy. You have all the contact from the road and this 6600 lb car is quite responsive. The fuel economy is insane! While it is rated 28 highway, I have been able to coax 32-34 on a trip to Chicago with the AC on no stop. What full sized SUV can do that on the market? You will initially think this is too much car for me, but after a the first week it becomes a part of you. I was lucky to get this car used as part of 1 yr old company fleet car for VW with less than 12K on the odometer, so the price point worked out very well for me and I still had all the benefits of a solid warranty. New or used, this is a fine VW to have."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

great power and dynamic handling, best SUV ever

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "wonderful performance and gas mileage"

"Terrific for pulling a trailer, acceleration performance is outstanding"

Best SUV ever

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pros: "Great to drive, soft and silent"

Cons: "NO CONS"

"The best SUV ever, best mileage 28 avg, super silent inside, power engine never suffers when climbing, soft driving, very good and easy instrument arrangement and use. I want to buy a new one but the government has them stop. Tell them is the best option more than any hybrid SUV."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next