2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best VW I have owned...period

By on Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, styling"

"I have been a brand loyal VW customer since 2003, all of them being TDIs. I had two Golf TDI before getting my Touareg and I've never regretted having this SUV. In fact, having the TDI engine in this flagship SUV made complete sense. If you're familiar with the service intervals, it is a no brainer. Every 10K. Yes, it's a German car and some things will be a little bit more, but it is worth it and I have a great mechanic that services my vehicles. This car is extremely comfortable and makes distance driving a joy. You have all the contact from the road and this 6600 lb car is quite responsive. The fuel economy is insane! While it is rated 28 highway, I have been able to coax 32-34 on a trip to Chicago with the AC on no stop. What full sized SUV can do that on the market? You will initially think this is too much car for me, but after a the first week it becomes a part of you. I was lucky to get this car used as part of 1 yr old company fleet car for VW with less than 12K on the odometer, so the price point worked out very well for me and I still had all the benefits of a solid warranty. New or used, this is a fine VW to have."

Great SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, excellent towing ability"

Cons: "A little bumpy on rough roads at slower speed."

"I bought the TDI Sport with navigation after looking at the BMW X5 diesel and the Audi and Porsche Cayenne. I have been very impressed with the comfort, interior sound level and towing capacity. I can hardly believe that a vehicle capable of 30+ MPG can have a 7700 lb towing ability. That is 1200 more than the Tahoe I traded in and it only averaged 18mpg hwy. Running at 75mph I get 29 mpg and in town I average 24mpg. After 10,000 miles it has been flawless."

great power and dynamic handling, best SUV ever

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "wonderful performance and gas mileage"

"Terrific for pulling a trailer, acceleration performance is outstanding"

Best SUV ever

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pros: "Great to drive, soft and silent"

Cons: "NO CONS"

"The best SUV ever, best mileage 28 avg, super silent inside, power engine never suffers when climbing, soft driving, very good and easy instrument arrangement and use. I want to buy a new one but the government has them stop. Tell them is the best option more than any hybrid SUV."

All season vehicle

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"Mine is white with ash gray interior and I get a fair amount of compliments by other drivers on the road. I love the handling and the drive is very smooth. It's a tough SUV, it got me thru the horrible 2010/2011 winter with all that snow and the pot holes that remained after. I like everything about my Touareg except the gas mileage, which sucks because of the current gas prices...and the navigation is not very user friendly (not a touch screen)"