2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

32MPG Hwy

By on Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pros: "Power plus mileage"

"Great vehicle. 32 mpg why at 80 mph, 22 mpg city. 8 sod auto is seamless and TDI has over 400 lbs TQ. It moves and handles very well. No issues. VW computer flash to fix emission issue."

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."