2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

best buy for this suv class for your money

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"stay with clean diesel TDI, all cars should have this technology, average mpg 26-34 pending on heavy city or commute. at $3.75 average diesel price times 23-25 us/gal, full tank with about 60 miles reserve. average range full tank $85-100, 500-680 miles average per tank. not to bad and not short on power. free maintenance does do good for the first 30000 miles or 3 years, $900.00 about on VW. Resale value seems to do better then the VR6 which would be the way to lease unless you like some more torque. well done.."

Best Ever

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Anyone looking to buy or lease a vehicle in this class (Mercedes ML, Acura MDX, etc.) should have their head examined if they don't test drive and choose this one. Believe me, I looked at all of them. Japanese, German, American, Swedish, you name it. The Touareg is head and shoulders above the rest. And not unimportantly, VW dealers are trying hard to turn around their image. Touaregs are hard to find...especially if you are partial to color. But they are worth the time to find the right one."

My opinion of the vehicle has only improved

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "None yet, in 14 months and 14,000 miles"

"The longer we own this vehicle, the more we like it. Being an older, cheap guy, I had trouble giving a 10 for value...I had never spent anywhere near this much for a vehicle before. It has been an absolute joy to own and drive, especially on longer trips. Three drivers easily drove straight through on a 1,350 mile drive. The vehicle was easy to sleep in due to the comfort level. We can average slightly above 30 mpg on the highway if we keep speeds below 70. 75 gets us 28-29. Creep along at 55 and you can get 33+! This is with the tires at 40 psi and using Power Service in the fuel. If I found myself in the position of needing to replace this vehicle, I could very easily see myself buying another."

Expensive for what it is, but worth it so far

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, driving characteristics, features"

Cons: "Seat a little short"

"Drives flawlessly, excellent road manners, plenty of power and tow ability. Easily pulls my 3500 lbs TT with ease throughout New England's hilly terrain. The transmission and engine work perfectly. I have no real gripes except the seats are not made for short (under 5-5) people. Has all the gadgets and electronics that I could ever need. The NAV system is wonderful. Love the REST feature for keeping the car warm when going to shop up to one half hour. My average economy (almost 90% city) has been 22 mpg this Winter. Not bad at all considering it's 5000 pounds. It can get near 30 mpg on the highway when cruise is set to 60mph. Most of my driving involves climbing hills to and from work. Hopefully I have it for 10 years before getting another vehicle. They keep getting better and better."

1st VW

By on Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I am just completing year 2 with the Touareg 2 (about 20,000 miles). I read all of the reviews about the older models and have been pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. It's been a very comfortable and solid driver. I have had zero maintenance or quality issues and the dealer has been top notch to deal with.I do enjoy it's ruggedness when getting to the back country for fishing expeditions, but it isn't a truck in ride and handling. I really love it and will probably try to get the TDI 6 cylinder when the lease is up on this one next year."

Perfect

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Just perfect for me. Great in the snow, and under normal driving. Handles wonderful.So happy w/ this SUV."

Much Better

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I purchased this vehicle with 10,000 miles on the clock after it was driven by a VW rep for a few months. The car was well looked after and in as-new condition. The overall quality of the finish is what you'd expect from a top notch German manufacturer and the performance is fantastic with plenty of power when you need it. The only disappointing factors are the high fuel consumption and relatively expensive services. Otherwise this is a great SUV for the modern man/woman/family."

Power like a big V8, economy like a V6

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Effortless driving with excellent MPG for an SUV. Strong puller."

Cons: "It takes some time to learn all of the features that are included."

"This is one fine SUV. In town economy of ~22mpg and on highway 26.7mpg (Reno-Tucson-Reno). This diesel has the power of a big V8 and can pull 7700 lbs without raising a sweat. This is one fine highway cruiser with a 26 gallon tank that allows you to cruise ALL day without making a fuel stop. I must warn you that you need to keep an eye on the speedometer as this SUV is effortless in cruising down the super-slab. Its comfortable, quiet and truly roadworthy. The radio and bluetooth are excellent and the Sirius radio exceptional."

good SUV only if

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pros: "great for long journys"

Cons: "bad MPG in city driving"

"I have 2013 VW Touareg VR6 sport, i bought it as a CPO when it had 32k miles on it and i enjoyed most of the 25k i had on it. the main cons is the MPG at city i can never get more than 14 MPG but on the highway i can get upto 23 MPG which is good concerning the size of the car The combined MPG for the last 10k is 18 MPG with what i think is 70% highways Standard options on the low end also for my trim (the vr6 sport) which is the lowest level almost every new other car now has more features than my car, another cons is the absence of rear view camera especially when also u dont have a rear sensors I also hear some winding noise when AC is on and when i asked the service they said it is normal! the transmission sometimes jerks , service also said it is a car characteristics"

I love this thing!

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looking in my driveway."

Cons: "I like it so much I've become paranoid about itM"

"It's built like a tank. It's fun to drive. Unbelieveable mileage!!! The sound system and electronics are awesome. I am going to buy another one!"