ZIP code

2010 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

A good solid auto

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "good ride"

Cons: "expensive to maintain"

"Initially had electrical problems. Maintenance is expensive. Has a great ride and I feel safe when diving it."

An Enjoyable Drive

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"Despite what some of the reviews may say, my 2004 V8 Touareg has been a joy to drive. The only maintenance issues I've had were 2 recalls in the last 4 years. The car outperforms the competition hands down. The gas mileage is what I expected from a V8, approximately 16 in the city and 18 on the highway. When looking at vehicles touting better mileage I notice even the 6 cylinder SUV only state 20 mpg. This to me is not enough of a difference to give up the performance and quality the V8 offers. This car deserves a serious consideration if you're looking for a luxury SUV at a fair price."

One of the top SUV's

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. It is a high performance, very off-road capable machine, with a tow capacity of 7700lbs. The comfort level and quality of materials and fit and finish is second to none. With navigation, air suspension, keyless start, keyless entry, 4 person climate control, 4 person heated seats and steering wheel.......this vehicle is one of the top luxury SUV's in my book."

2nd time a charm

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned two Touaregs, a 2004 and now a 2008 Touareg2. There is a night and day difference between the two models. VW has managed to improve on a vehicle that was already a very capable performer on or off road. The reliabilty concerns with the early first generation Touareg is now history. First class travel and safety rolled into a very sexy, well built package."

The sports car of SUVs!

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"I test drove all the competition before I chose our 2004 V8 Touareg. Ford and Chevy SUVs seemed very crude in comparison with respect to ride, handling, transmission, and engines. Toyota products were lumbering and heavy. The Volvo SUV felt like a boat on curves and tight turns. I did not drive the BMW or the Acura because they are not capable of towing a boat. The Touareg is refined, fast, and capable on the road. It's easy to drive around town, and fabulous on long trips. It cruises at high speeds safely and comfortably. Although 2004 was the initial model year, other than factory paid for updates and fixes, we have had no trouble with this vehicle even though my wife drives it aggressively. I do not understand the negative reviews since that has not been my experience with this vehicle in anyway. The Touareg is truly a pleasure to drive."