2006 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 297 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Awesome

By on Monday, February 6, 2012

Pros: "Rock solid ride amazing engine"

Cons: "Mileage, eats brakes."

"All the bugs fixed by warranty. This is an amazing auto. Rock solid at 85 on the highway. Unstoppable in snow, amazing interior quality. Tows like a champ. Gas mileage stinks, and it eats brakes. I really should trade this in but i love it"

I love my car

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, safe, powerful"

Cons: "Heavy and hard to handle around corners, expensive"

"I love my car so much I bought it after the lease ran out. It was a bit expensive and it's heavy but it's really reliable and easy to drive. I have the V8 so there's a lot of power there."

Good Experience

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I have driven this car for 5 yeares, and honestly have not had any that would cause a negative review. It has only been in the shop once, except for services; and then the dealership was responsible for the repair. All cars have some issues, but my experience has been a positive one."

a great suprise

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"i had a 2001 volvo xc70 for 2.5 years and i spent alot of money (willingly) to maintain it ...from the first day i purchased it at 71000 miles until the last day when it was totaled ....i was devastated....until i found my touareg ....i love this car it is only 3 years newer than my premium/luxury wagon (the totaled volvo) but it handles much better and is much faster and the gas mileage is the same ...there are no squeaks moans nothing...i can't feel the road at all in this thing and the handling is amazing ...when i purchased the vw it had 72000 mile on it ...i have had to do nothing to it ...i love this truck"

This ca is a beast

By on Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"The car is great, its a true SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle). Sand, Mud, Snow, or Rain and you can feel your self inside of an iron fist that is covered in fine leather. Some of the 2004 have issues, but VW America is good in keep up with their customers so are the dealers once you find the right one. My only issues with this car is the comfort in long trips for the driver. The passengers are fine. To keep the car going, you will need to take extra care of it, and it won't let you down. Now saddle up and ride with confidence."

Beware of VW

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"This SUV was great for the first 48,000 miles but since then it is in the shop every 2,000 miles or less. Every thing from the engine computer to the rower seats has failed. More than once when we have picked the car up after warranty work something else failed before we could get off of the dealers lot. The radio has failed, the sunroof opens by itself, repeat engine lights, radiator fans falied, power seats, glove box, interior knob's soft touch covering is peeling, battery failed from fan problem and more . My wife won't drive the car outside of town because she can't turst it. Resale value is extremely low. In conculsion if you like dealing with car dealer's service departments then this would be a great SUV for you otherwise buy something else."

GREAT SUV

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I bought this car new and have been so very happy with it. Usually I get bored with cars and want to trade-out, but this baby keeps my attention!"

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I have owned my Toureg for almost 2 years and love it. Drives very smooth, comfortable and is a has all the trim and accessories of a high end luxury for a much better price. It is a heavy vehicle but in a snowy climate like I live in it is perfect for driving in heavy snow and rainy conditions. I recommend the Toureg."

Love It

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had my 2005 V8 Touareg for about 2 years. Just an FYI the only problem I had was at 40000 the brakes and roters need replacing and that's costly...but knew I was getting into that...so..ya...if your lookin used..make sure that is done and the rest of the 40000 checkup is costly too...Do expect on your oil changes to be not very cheap..I mean it's a big vehicle and takes lots of oil... If you maintain regular checkups...rotate tires every 5000..cause i'm sure you'll read complaints on that ....you'll enjoy...it's an eye looker always get compliments ... my next will be a Touareg as well.. Live In Vegas...With all the fancy cars out here...BMW..Mercedes..Land Rovers...Porches..for people to compliment and look in this town...it's GOOD!!"

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"It handles well; it's a great suv. It has one problem as far as I am concern and that is gas mileage."