2006 Volkswagen Touareg

7.8

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

a great suprise

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"i had a 2001 volvo xc70 for 2.5 years and i spent alot of money (willingly) to maintain it ...from the first day i purchased it at 71000 miles until the last day when it was totaled ....i was devastated....until i found my touareg ....i love this car it is only 3 years newer than my premium/luxury wagon (the totaled volvo) but it handles much better and is much faster and the gas mileage is the same ...there are no squeaks moans nothing...i can't feel the road at all in this thing and the handling is amazing ...when i purchased the vw it had 72000 mile on it ...i have had to do nothing to it ...i love this truck"

This ca is a beast

By on Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"The car is great, its a true SAV (Sport Activity Vehicle). Sand, Mud, Snow, or Rain and you can feel your self inside of an iron fist that is covered in fine leather. Some of the 2004 have issues, but VW America is good in keep up with their customers so are the dealers once you find the right one. My only issues with this car is the comfort in long trips for the driver. The passengers are fine. To keep the car going, you will need to take extra care of it, and it won't let you down. Now saddle up and ride with confidence."

Beware of VW

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"This SUV was great for the first 48,000 miles but since then it is in the shop every 2,000 miles or less. Every thing from the engine computer to the rower seats has failed. More than once when we have picked the car up after warranty work something else failed before we could get off of the dealers lot. The radio has failed, the sunroof opens by itself, repeat engine lights, radiator fans falied, power seats, glove box, interior knob's soft touch covering is peeling, battery failed from fan problem and more . My wife won't drive the car outside of town because she can't turst it. Resale value is extremely low. In conculsion if you like dealing with car dealer's service departments then this would be a great SUV for you otherwise buy something else."

GREAT SUV

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I bought this car new and have been so very happy with it. Usually I get bored with cars and want to trade-out, but this baby keeps my attention!"

Great Luxury SUV

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I have owned my Toureg for almost 2 years and love it. Drives very smooth, comfortable and is a has all the trim and accessories of a high end luxury for a much better price. It is a heavy vehicle but in a snowy climate like I live in it is perfect for driving in heavy snow and rainy conditions. I recommend the Toureg."

Love It

By on Saturday, June 6, 2009

"I have had my 2005 V8 Touareg for about 2 years. Just an FYI the only problem I had was at 40000 the brakes and roters need replacing and that's costly...but knew I was getting into that...so..ya...if your lookin used..make sure that is done and the rest of the 40000 checkup is costly too...Do expect on your oil changes to be not very cheap..I mean it's a big vehicle and takes lots of oil... If you maintain regular checkups...rotate tires every 5000..cause i'm sure you'll read complaints on that ....you'll enjoy...it's an eye looker always get compliments ... my next will be a Touareg as well.. Live In Vegas...With all the fancy cars out here...BMW..Mercedes..Land Rovers...Porches..for people to compliment and look in this town...it's GOOD!!"

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"It handles well; it's a great suv. It has one problem as far as I am concern and that is gas mileage."

Great Car....But..Frequent visits for Repair

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I bought my 2004 new, it now has 47000 miles. I love the car...drives great, very comfortable, great looks. It was a dream car. * * * BUT...I've never before been on first name basis with the service rep at the dealership. Now I am! Fortunately most items were covered by the warranty....but I didn't buy a new car to have to be in the service dept. WAY TOO MUCH. (Probably 15 times the first 3 years ) I've had many 'sensor' issues, error messages, the HORN!! was replace last year....and now needs to again. Battery needed to be replaced after one year. Tires only go 12000 miles. Tomorrow it's going in again...with noise in front end, and 'system workshop fault' message.....sounds scary! My major concern is ...how expensive will this vehicle be to maintain in the next few years? I had planned on keeping it 8-10 years because I love driving the vehicle...but am not sure I want to keep it and find out what problems are in the near future. I will NEVER buy another VW.,"

buyer beware

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Due to th weight of this vehicle you will most likely be buying tires every 15-20,000 miles. I have a 3 year lease and will be replacing the tires 3 times. The dealer and vw of america do not take responsibiity for the unusual tire wear. Other than that secret cost I am enjoying the vehicle"

A Lemon

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Brakes $800 Thermostat $800 Drive Line $1600 Ignition Coils $300 That is just the major stuff. Owned for 2 years and 8 months. I estimate that is cost me $1.08 per mile to drive!!! Very expensive car. Don't get a 2004 Touareg."

Awesome Rig, except for 2 things

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The ride is great. The power and amenities are great. Towing capacity great. Off-Road and Snow handling excellent (even w. steel suspension). The only two drawbacks: Weight and Full Time FWD make its fuel consumption severe. Depeciation and resale value are the worst of any car I've ever owned. If you're looking at one, I'd seriously consider looking for it used, or wait until V6 Diesel arrives. One very important caveat for the long-term owner: The alternator is situatated behind and below the engine block, so the engine must be REMOVED to replace it. Very Costly, this. Poor Design and VW should pay for the labor, if/when the alternator fails on the Touareg."

Suprising Comfort

By on Saturday, February 23, 2008

"My husband was the one who really liked this vehicle and insisted that in comparisions to the BMW sports utility (that I wanted), the Touareg had so much more to offer, for far less. I finally agreed. We have enjoyed this vehicle. It's comfortable, it's easy to travel in, has all the comforts that you need. And it will go!!!! Surprises other drivers on the road...especially mechanics who are surprised when they open the hood."

Sturdy, Sporty SUV

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I've never been an SUV fan, but decided with a 2 year old it was time to move up from my 4 door sedan. It was the best move with the Touareg. It's not a huge SUV, but provides plenty of interior room with such a comfortable ride that looks mean from the road. It's easy to handle, park, and has the go go juice to move when needed (the V8 model). it's such a strong sturdy vehicle, that going from it to another car just makes me love it more. My only complaint is the gas mileage at about 18 MPG and if I'm all highway close to 20. The towing package is great and can tow a boat better than our Dodge Ram 1500. Definitely worth the value."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"This is by far the best cross over vehicle out there. I got the adjustable air suspension, and it finishes this car's abilities. With the body lowered, it rides and handles like a sports sedan, and with the body raised, there isn't anything this vehicle can not go over or around!"

awesome, but costly

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"we bought the 2004 V8 navi air suspension touareg in june 07. --air suspension fault came on a month after purchase (recall) so we were lucky. --tires and brakes are in need of (probably first) replacement. tires from factory dont have that great of ratings. --gas milege could be improved, just like any vehicle on the road! --overall i love this vehicle, and do your research before you purchase."

It's a Keeper

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I leased this vehicle and found it to be such a good value, that I have opted to purchase it. On the performance side, I wish it had either more acceleration or better gas mileage. Other than that, I enjoy the Touareg very much and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a vehicle in this class."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, May 3, 2007

"Great car specially for being german and comfortable, safe, and has a alot of great features I LOVE IT...."

Awesome

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Excellent handling, solid construction"

Cons: "Gas mileage isn't great"

"I love that VW designs their cars so that everything is exactly where it should be for the driver. This is the most comfortable, best equipped car I've ever owned. No major repairs to date, and it's 8 years old! The new ones have a little too much gadgetry on them, and VW doesn't have as good a warranty as it did in 2004 (4 years, 50K miles), but I still think it's a great car.,"

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Nice Interior, Comfortable, Roomy"

Cons: "No 3rd Row Seating"

"I love the VW Touareg. The interior is very nice, especially considering it's built to go off-road, Roomy enough for two child car seats in the back seat and the ability to squeeze in a third seat if needed, I have the V6 engine which has a lot of pick up and speed and when I'm towing a trailer it doesn't alter the feel of the ride. The only thing I wish it had was 3rd row seating. Other than that, this car has been perfect for our family of four."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I bought this vehicle used approx 4 years ago and have loved everything about it. The handling, the ride and safety features are all great. I constantly receive complements on the vehicle as well."

Looks best and rides best

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Beautiful inside-out, perfect for both sport and luxury."

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Too many electrical problems to recommend anything but do not buy."

Time Bomb! DO NOT BUY!

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"I had this truck for 6yrs and had trouble with it from day one! But it was a good looking truck and i liked the way it drove so I kept it. Now at 75,000 miles the transmission went and I have no warranty left. they want $7500 to fix it! i told them to keep it!"

All I Need

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Should I need to replace this vehicle I would have to go with a Bentley. No one has an engine like the V10 TDI. Diesel is the only way to go. I was hoping to use vegetable oil but no one in my area has the mixture. The interior quality was assembled with care. I have not had any problems. I do not believe these vehicles need 19 and 22 inch rims. You need side wall protection. I seem to be the only one my VW dealership has seen that gets the best mileage out of tires. 35,000. Extra 4psi front & rear & rotate."

Great all the way

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"It's been 4 years now...I never had a problem with it, yes, none. Fuel efficiency is not the best, but you get use to it...I love my T-reg!"