2013 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Great SUV

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"My 5th VW and my second favorite. Nothing comes near the Fall of 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T Edition handling, performance and gas milage 30 to 40 miles per gallon. The Tiguan has a nice smooth powerful ride. There is something I don't like: weird noise in the rear bushing when driving on a bumping road. It would be better in gas if there was no ethanol in our gas now."

Can't believe how amazing this CUV is!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "great price, great value, amazing and fun ride"

Cons: "poor gas mileage with need for premium fuel"

"So for the last 4 years I have been looking over every vehicle imaginable, trying to find the right combination of cost, features and appearance. I didn't want anything too sporty or too big (gas guzzler) or too small and cheap and I was also hoping to get AWD or 4WD. I have driven a Subaru Legacy for the last 10 years and truth be told, had no issue with it, but was about to die from boredom because the car just refused to die! Well, I came across this 2013 with only 17K miles while searching used car dealerships on the web and decided to test drive. I will admit that I drove nothing else while looking for a good used car, but one drive and I was sold. It is not the best looking CUV, but it does have a look all its own. The ride is at least 10 times better than my old Legacy and it doesn't even have all the options I could've gotten on it (no sunroof, keyless, or nav). The ride is stiffer, but the feel is amazing, plenty of get up and go for a little 4 banger (200 hp), and I'm not embarrassed driving it around. I got the 4motion version and the mileage is surprisingly poor, not as good as my Legacy, but this is more than made up for with the way this vehicle runs/feels, no more death by boredom! I didn't rate reliability as I have only had this beauty for about 2 weeks, but I'm hopeful to have it for another 10 years because it is truly everything I was looking for. Really, I just can't say enough good things about this Tig. I love it and can't wait to take it out in the snow to see how it does..."

Excellent car for every season

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "great value and benefits overall"

"4Motion drives in winter like a charm"

Unique compact SUV

By on Friday, May 19, 2017

Pros: "comfort, performance, utility, security & safety"

Cons: "placement of central AC vents,"

"This is my 8th VW (new and used) since 1982 and the best. Despite the experts criticism of its lack of cargo space (for which there is no industry wide criteria for measuring) it is extremely functional. No-one mentions the useful extra storage space under the cargo area in addition to the full size temporary spare tire and the standard hard cargo cover (security and safety asset). The ability to slide the rear seats forward 7 inches to increase the area w/o having to lower the rear seats is another feature as is the reclining seat backs for the rear seats. There is the usual VW quality feel about the interior appointments and seats that will not give you a sore back after 10 hours at the wheel. My only complaint about the inter is the placement of the central AC vents, very non VW. I am averaging 22 mpg in urban and in town driving, my experience has been that a VW will average 10-12% better combined mileage than the EPA estimate. Per normal VW characteristics great stability, handling and tracking combined with a quiet smooth ride. Unless you are only interested in maximum mileage or have more than 2 children this is, Im my opinion the best all around compact SUV. For extras, when you need to merge with freeway traffic or Dad just wants to have a little fun all you have to do is downshift into Sport Mode, be prepared to be pushed back into the seat and hear that direct fuel injection GTI engine sing as it revs to redline."

Still a Great Small SUV

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pros: "VW, Attractive, Smart"

Cons: "Will become bigger next year"

"The Tiguan has been out for 8 years and its still a great alternative to the boring SUV. You know the ones are Vans disguised as an SUV. The ones that are cavernous and tend to have way too much on the dash and a lot of empty space in the back. The Tiguan gives you just what you need with style and class. It has one of the better AWD systems mirroring the Quattro system and is a blast to drive. If you looking for a smooth ride do no look in this class. You do not buy a small SUV to have a luxury ride, thus the meaning of SUV! Next year the Tiguan will be a whole new game but for now you can still own this cute, well appointed and snappy vehicle. Everything got smaller and now they are getting bigger????"

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."

Luv my 1st VW

By on Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I was growing ever so tired of calling on friends any time I wanted to buy something that wouldn't fit in my car. As a homeowner it got even worse as I couldn't even get an 8 foot piece of trim in my car. Not to mention the multiple problems my '03 Accord was beginning to develop like broken stability control sensors, broken automatic window motors and more. So I decided to go car shopping. I wanted a small SUV/Crossover. I started with Ford as I liked my friend's Escape when I drove it. However, I truly wanted to take the time and ensure I was getting the proper vehicle. Anyway, I was almost sold on the CR-V. This was mainly because my brother works for Honda (assembling the CR-V actually), but thankfully the dealer didn't have a color scheme I was willing to walk off the lot with. In talking to a friend he asked if I had test drove the Tiguan. I hadn't as I had never even heard of it. I liked the overall design. I didn't feel "girly" in it as I did the CR-V, and even before driving I was amazed at the overall feel of the car. It is solid! I mean it really made the CR-V feel cheap. I was sold with the drive. It was soooo smooth and quiet. Even before test driving the Tiguan, I was shocked at how noisy the CR-V was especially on the highway(sorry to compare this mostly to the CR-V, but it is the model I almost bought before visiting the VW dealer). No such noisy experience with the Tiguan that is for sure. Well long story short I left the dealers lot 11 months ago now with a Tiguan and I haven't had one regret yet. It is the first brand new car I've ever owned (I have had mostly Honda's and BMW's in the past) that hasn't had one single problem before reaching 5,000 miles. I am almost at 10,000 now and still runs perfect without one defective sensor, indicator or anything else ever. Granted at 10K miles it is still practically brand new, but I have grown to expect even a minor problem even with a brand new car. Overall this car is solid, quiet, confortable and an overall pleasure to drive. While not quite as stick the road sporty as my BMW 3 series I owned, the closest thing I can compare my 25K Tiguan to in driving experience would be my 36K 3-series. The ride and drive this car delivers TROUNCES anything its class an price range. I will gaurantee that. The one comment I also hear from friends who I let drive my Tiguan is "Wow, this car is so smooth". Compared to anything in its class and price range it definitely is. Do not buy a small SUV/Crossover without at least test driving this vehicle. You will not be sorry you did. I do have one complaint though. Gas mileage while fairly comparable isn't that great. Hello Volkswagen, I want a diesel engine! Quote from the VW dealer when I was shopping and I asked him if it came in a diesel..."If it came in a diesel, I wouldn't be able to keep them on my lot".....Uhm, isn't that what you want as car manufacturer? BIO-DIESEL engine getting 40 to 50 MPG, then I will be truly be a VW fanboy!"

2010 VW tiguan Wolfsburg 4 motion

By on Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Excellent fit and finish. This small SUV has great power/acceleration. Handles super around corners. Few minor complaints would be to offer auto/on-off headlamps on all models not just SEL. Cargo space is tight but rear seats do move forward/aft 6 inches, which is needed. Do not overlook this SUV, give it a test drive. I have driven all SUV's in this segment and this is one of the best..."

I love the experience of owning this car!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "handling and acceleration"

Cons: "maintenance cost"

"excellent handling and pick up. good gas mileage for the acceleration provided. great for cruising the beach or driving in traffic. excellent on the highway. steering like nothing I have experienced. only con is that repairs and maintenance are more expensive."