2012 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "the passanger seat does not lean back far enough"

"Love love love this car will never own another car except a VOLKSWAGEN"

Fantastic

By on Monday, October 11, 2010

"Excellent! Just the right size, great pick up, very comfy, everthing is easy to get to. You must look at this. They are not that easy to find. But it is worth the wait!"

MOST UNRELIABLE CAR EVER!!!

By on Monday, September 7, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Frequent and expensive repairs."

"We have owned more than 5 cars over the last 10 years - a mix of German and Japanese. This 2010 vw Tiguan is by far the most unreliable car we have owned or even driven (and I grew up driving the notoriously unreliable Italian cars of the 80's). We bought it new and it has been maintained at the dealer per factory-, and many times extra dealer recommendations. It has had the following repairs over the last 6 months 1. Fuel pump replacement 2. Water pump replacement 3. Turbo repair 4. Relay replacement 5. Several electrical issues 6. Turbo replacement, all at a total cost of over $5000. Now the EPC and check engine lights are on and we are headed back to the dealer. LAST VW WE EVER BUY. This Labor day weekend, we were helping some friends with car shopping and steered them clear of the VW dealership despite the vw Tiguan being at the top of their wish-list."

Tiguan = An SUV with lots of GTI DNA

By on Friday, April 3, 2015

Pros: "S Model = best value, 6 spd ... think a lifted GTI"

Cons: "Dealer service is expensive - DIY easy to save $$"

"Over the years I've owned many cars (BMW, VW, Nissan, Ford, Jeep) and of all of them, the Tiguan has offered me the best mix of performance, comfort, and price to date. I have the S model (6spd manual) and it rides and feels like a GTI with a 6 inch lift on it. The pricing for a Tiguan can vary widely (from $22K to $40K - as new), however the real value with the Tiguan lies in the S model. With 65000 miles now on the clock, I've had no unscheduled maintenace except for a throttle body which was replaced under warranty. I've performed my own maintenance as well (tune up, oil changes, etc) and everything for routine maintenance is very easy to access for DIY savings. Example - my 60,000 mile service cost me $75 vs. the dealer price of $450. What did it require? ... spark plugs (easy), oil change (easy), brake fluid change (brake masters did it for $30), and air filter changes (easy). Overall the fit/finish and quality of the materials of the Tiguan are outstanding. Again, the real value in a Tiguan is in buying the lower priced S model. Don't forget there are so many aftermarket upgrades you can make to your S-Tiguan to make it look and perform better than the top of the line R model. One last thing ... I LOVE the fact that I have cloth seats here in AZ. Finding a quality european car with cloth seats these days is harder than one would think."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great sound system, practical"

Cons: "Premium Gas ($), electronic e-brake"

"I bought one for my first car in January and its been amazing to me. Besides the great looks and accessibility it feels like a sports car. Great car for anyone in need of a practical, yet sporty car."

Awesome little SUV that can tow up to 2500 lb.

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "engine availability. Diesel or V-6 naturally aspir"

"I am a road salesman and have had many cars. I rated this car very high because it does so much more that the cars in its field. Tows 2500 lb., seats 5 comfortably with adjustable rear seat. Fantastic suspension, fast and secure on the road, decent gas mileage at a solid 23.5 mpg combination. 210hp / 230bhp. Downside, had to put $2500 in engine at 110,000 miles to repair fuel injectors and CVT valve and main rear seal that was sucked into engine without warning! Would love to have a naturally aspirated V-6 with same HP. No turbo. That would be the perfect car."

Fantastic car, a little pricy but it's worth it.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"Havent had any issues with the car other than a leak in the moon roof that vw took care of right away."

Good, but has trade offs

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

"I had this vehicle as my primary vehicle as daily commute and business trips vehicle. 1. Great quality and materials used. Feels like a luxury CUV. I've driven MBZ GL450, Toyota RAV4. VW feels much substantial than Toyota. The material and feel of the vehicle, is not much off from MBZ. I've driven a Jetta TDI Wagon as a rental for a few days. It does not even touch the Tiguan on road manner and handling. Solid and secure at high speed. 2. MPG is not great, 22-23mpg and requires premium. 3. 2.0TSI is great, but at 80K, engine light came on. Spent $800 for a valve cleaning job. Was told by the dealer that Direct Injection was clogged causing cylinder misfires. Great new to me was that engine was fine, but require manual cleaning of the valves tha requires $$$$. 4. Reliability. Mine besides the valve cleaning, no other repairs was needed. I drive 18-20K a year. Car runs and runs. The Tiguan actually feels more powerful than when it was new. It feels looser, and Revs more freely now the engine. The engine still sounds like new."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, great mpg, interior"

Cons: "A little bit pricey"

"Powerful, comfortable, high quality interior, great look. If you looking for a great small SUV get Tiguan! Maybe a little pricey but better build and equipped than other cars within price range. Car could be compared to Lexus RX, Audi Q5 etc., but not products made by Toyota, Chevy or Nissan"

"Free Maintenance"

By on Saturday, April 17, 2010

"We bought the Tiguan CPO in Houston. We got a steal on it. A few issues though: backup camera monitor goes blank and freezes randomly and bushings are bad. Also, the "Free Maintenance" is really just free oil changes. Wish I had asked about that before I signed the contract. The Panoramic Roof is the best part."

THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED OUT OF 25 CARS

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE GREAT FUEL ECONOMY AND AWESOME POWER"

Cons: "NOTHING"

"DRIVES LIKE A DREAM WITH PLENTY OF POWER. AWESOME SUV."

Excellent winter car

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Fuel mpg"

"Excellent car"

Nice car - not reliable

By on Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Has left my wife stranded more than once - running out of gas not included. Great car when working properly. Drives nice, plenty of power, looks good, comfortable. Heating and A/C control is not up to the standard of the rest of the car."

VW Needs to Rethink this Model

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Reason: Lack of amenities, mediocre mpg, cheap materials

Pros: "Nice looking"

Cons: "Over priced for what you get"

"On the upside, the Tiguan is nicely styled, has a very component engine and a decent driving position. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end for me. One of my first complaints about the Tiguan is in its packaging. First up, even the base model Tiguan is not cheap and one would expect the standard items and a few more upscale ones as well for the price. Wrong. In the base model you do not get an iPod connector, HD radio or heated seats. In other vehicles in this price range, these items are pretty much a given. Secondly, the fabric material on the seats is horrible. It's ugly, looks incredibly cheap and worst of all, attracts every piece of lint to it. Speaking of cheap, the knobs on the sound system look like they came out of a Fisher Price bargain bin. While the Tiguan could possibly be a good car -- it is not. One other detail, the depreciation on this vehicle is beyond belief. When I chose to get rid of it after 5 months and saw how much it had depreciated, I could not believe it. Nice car but a lot better choices out there."

Best SUV I have owned.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

"I have owned 4 SUVs (Mercedes, Acura, Subaru, Ford )this one seems higher quality than others. I like everything about it."

TRUE VW.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "styling and fit/finish"

Cons: "repair costs"

"I am a lifelong VW owner. They do have a few quirks to deal with (maint and repair) but nothing drives like they do."

Should be a birth rite

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Seats and Drive."

Cons: "Seems like locks are "ON" all the time."

"I liked this so much, just bought a matching 2012. Red, instead of white gold which we love! Beats X3 and ML350.......seats are better and drive is great. Wind and snow....NO problems!"

The more I drive it the more I love it

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "German engineering a reality in all areas. Solid"

Cons: "Pricey, but definitely get what you pay for"

"Just what my wife and I needed in a small SUV. Reasonable fuel milage,great performance with turbo, stylish,comfortable, easy to scoot around in,with many options!"

Volkswagen is not what it used to be!

By on Saturday, January 23, 2016

Reason: end of lease

Pros: "great styling"

Cons: "uncomfortable interior"

"I have leased VW cars since 2003, and I had stayed with the brand because I loved the value and quality for the price. My 2012 Tiguan SE was my second Tiguan, my first being a 2009 SE. Both of these vehicles were very different from my previous models, the Jetta (2003) and Passat Wagon (2007). The quality, especially on my 2012 Tiguan was lacking. Interior door handles coming off, navigation not working, and the passenger seat heater burning through the seat. It has been one year since I have traded in my Tiguan for a 2015 Acura RDX, and I could not be happier. I would highly recommend a Honda/Acura product over a Volkswagen product."

Happier than I thought I would be.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive, trim, MPGs, comfort"

Cons: "cargo space"

"I traded in my beloved Dodge Caliber because I wanted something that had less road noise and was trimmed out a little better. Initially, I wanted the Audi Q5, but quickly discovered it was more than a little out of my price range. I learned that the Tiguan was built on the same platform, in the same factory, as the Q5, so I decided I would give it a look. Boy, I am glad I did! Not only do I get good gas mileage, but I get lots of extra bells and whistles that I would have had to pay an additional $20K for to get as standards in the Audi. I love the panoramic sunroof, and it very comfortably seats 4 grown adults. My ONLY complaint is that the cargo space is fine for grocery trips, it is a little small for an active family and long road trips. However, a pod on the roof rack will fix that the next time we hit the road."

dissapointed

By on Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pros: "great to drive, nothing like german engineering!!"

Cons: "Over priced purchase price, parts and repairs ."

"First new vehicle in 20 years, bought with the idea of long term 10 years driving. So disappointed in the constant replacement of parts, recalls, and the cost of repairs. Knew that VW parts were more and accepted that, however when any trip to the garage results in 1000$ or more , multiple times, found it unacceptable. That said, love driving my VW , when it is not in for repairs, crisp , responsive, comfortable. Will not be purchasing a VW again however , and will be trading this one in 4 years earlier than anticipated."

First time VW buyer & last time VW buyer

By on Friday, May 8, 2015

Pros: "Nice exterior design, comfortable & spacious"

Cons: "Bad engine design & low gas mileage"

"Engine problems from the very beginning check engine light constantly on. Changed intake manifold twice once under warranty when technicians couldn't find out what was wrong they (on a hunch) determined it was the manifold. Second time recall of faulty intake manifold. Engine leaks, need to service intake camshaft at aprox. 60,000 even though it is not indicated on any of the regular service schedule for the vehicle. Very sadden and disappointed of the whole experience, this was my very first big purchase brand new car and it was a major fail."

Great vehicle,rides well, quiet,comfortable,

By on Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, cute!"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I love this car but it does not get good gas mileage! Less than 20 mpg around town, not much better on highway. Otherwise a nice vehicle."

solid suv

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"had this car about 5 months. no complaints. good ride, quiet, peppy, good looks in and out. smallish cargo size. near luxury without the price."

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"We have just purchased the Tiquan - a dealer demo for 5K under list with 11k. We traded in a Diesel truck, which did not qualify for the clunkers deal and what a difference, obviously - the power and ride are great - I like the ability to shift thru the gears when I want to be a little daring and use the drive mode when just out with the family - plenty of room for two adults in the rear. I am 6'1" and fit very comfortably in the drivers and passengers area. The only option I wish was available on the 'S' series was satellite radio and 17" tires"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next