2012 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Great SUV

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"My 5th VW and my second favorite. Nothing comes near the Fall of 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T Edition handling, performance and gas milage 30 to 40 miles per gallon. The Tiguan has a nice smooth powerful ride. There is something I don't like: weird noise in the rear bushing when driving on a bumping road. It would be better in gas if there was no ethanol in our gas now."

Can't believe how amazing this CUV is!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "great price, great value, amazing and fun ride"

Cons: "poor gas mileage with need for premium fuel"

"So for the last 4 years I have been looking over every vehicle imaginable, trying to find the right combination of cost, features and appearance. I didn't want anything too sporty or too big (gas guzzler) or too small and cheap and I was also hoping to get AWD or 4WD. I have driven a Subaru Legacy for the last 10 years and truth be told, had no issue with it, but was about to die from boredom because the car just refused to die! Well, I came across this 2013 with only 17K miles while searching used car dealerships on the web and decided to test drive. I will admit that I drove nothing else while looking for a good used car, but one drive and I was sold. It is not the best looking CUV, but it does have a look all its own. The ride is at least 10 times better than my old Legacy and it doesn't even have all the options I could've gotten on it (no sunroof, keyless, or nav). The ride is stiffer, but the feel is amazing, plenty of get up and go for a little 4 banger (200 hp), and I'm not embarrassed driving it around. I got the 4motion version and the mileage is surprisingly poor, not as good as my Legacy, but this is more than made up for with the way this vehicle runs/feels, no more death by boredom! I didn't rate reliability as I have only had this beauty for about 2 weeks, but I'm hopeful to have it for another 10 years because it is truly everything I was looking for. Really, I just can't say enough good things about this Tig. I love it and can't wait to take it out in the snow to see how it does..."

Excellent car for every season

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "great value and benefits overall"

"4Motion drives in winter like a charm"

Unique compact SUV

By on Friday, May 19, 2017

Pros: "comfort, performance, utility, security & safety"

Cons: "placement of central AC vents,"

"This is my 8th VW (new and used) since 1982 and the best. Despite the experts criticism of its lack of cargo space (for which there is no industry wide criteria for measuring) it is extremely functional. No-one mentions the useful extra storage space under the cargo area in addition to the full size temporary spare tire and the standard hard cargo cover (security and safety asset). The ability to slide the rear seats forward 7 inches to increase the area w/o having to lower the rear seats is another feature as is the reclining seat backs for the rear seats. There is the usual VW quality feel about the interior appointments and seats that will not give you a sore back after 10 hours at the wheel. My only complaint about the inter is the placement of the central AC vents, very non VW. I am averaging 22 mpg in urban and in town driving, my experience has been that a VW will average 10-12% better combined mileage than the EPA estimate. Per normal VW characteristics great stability, handling and tracking combined with a quiet smooth ride. Unless you are only interested in maximum mileage or have more than 2 children this is, Im my opinion the best all around compact SUV. For extras, when you need to merge with freeway traffic or Dad just wants to have a little fun all you have to do is downshift into Sport Mode, be prepared to be pushed back into the seat and hear that direct fuel injection GTI engine sing as it revs to redline."

Still a Great Small SUV

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pros: "VW, Attractive, Smart"

Cons: "Will become bigger next year"

"The Tiguan has been out for 8 years and its still a great alternative to the boring SUV. You know the ones are Vans disguised as an SUV. The ones that are cavernous and tend to have way too much on the dash and a lot of empty space in the back. The Tiguan gives you just what you need with style and class. It has one of the better AWD systems mirroring the Quattro system and is a blast to drive. If you looking for a smooth ride do no look in this class. You do not buy a small SUV to have a luxury ride, thus the meaning of SUV! Next year the Tiguan will be a whole new game but for now you can still own this cute, well appointed and snappy vehicle. Everything got smaller and now they are getting bigger????"