ZIP code

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Very nice Small SUV

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, awd, nice interior,perfect size!"

Cons: "pricey, would be really nice in a clean diesel !"

"We needed 4wd for winter driving during snowstorms in VT. Past cars we had - Subaru Outback, Jeep Cherokee, VW Passat, VW Eurovan, Mini Cooper S. This Car has never let us down, great driving feel on HWY and Off. Not to big but plenty of room for 4. Panoramic sunroof is huge, finish is clean and not to plastic. Engine is plenty of get up and go w turbo yet we can get 29 mpg on the hwy if we keep from going 75mph. As with any winter car get a set of snow tires - it goes anywhere with just the right amount of clearance. Nicer car than all our previous vehicles."

Compact and very comfortable

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and drive feel are superb"

Cons: "Small cargo space, gas mileage just OK"

"I was looking for compact SUV that did not feel bulky and would be comfortable on long trips. This is the most comfortable car I have owned (previously had Subarus) and it drives so smoothly one feels like its gliding on the road. Seats are incredibly comfortable for all five passengers. Small minuses: Cargo space is limited if there are four or five passengers. has a substantial blind spot. Otherwise, a great car."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Pros: "Looks and drives great!"

Cons: "Wish they made a TDI version. (Premium gas only)"

"Bought a used 2013 Tiguan with 19000 miles on it. I LOVE IT so far!(I've had it 3 months) I test drove several others such as the Toy-RAV-4 and they had NO power compared to the Tiguan. The 2.0 liter Turbo will flat out get up and go. I even worry I may get a speeding ticket because you can't tell your going so fast so quick, the ride is so smooth. The sun roof is large and very nice, the Interior looks very high-end and seems well made. I do wish it was made as a TDI. but I have been averaging 26-28 mpg.(Down fall Premium gas) Go test drive one, bet you'll love it."

efficient power house

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Very fun drive"

"This Cross Over looks small and sleek on the outside. I am always amazed when I get inside at how much room there is. Plenty of room to take home the big box store items in one trip not to mention a trip to the hardware store for home improvement projects! I took a quick trip up to San Francisco and back in 24 hours. The ride was comfortable with lots of room to stretch out and maintain my own space!"

Surprisingly Disatisfied...

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive and smooth, options good."

Cons: "Gas pedal very sensitive"

"I downgraded from a Honda Ridgeline to the VW Tiguan. I was looking for gas savings as well as performance. While this is a nice looking car, the gas mileage is subpar...the Honda was better, and it was a truck. The VW is very, very noisy when idleing, so loud you need to turn up the volume on the radio to drown it out. I have had the vehicle checked by the dealer and they assure me it's normal. Tire pressure problem from day one as well as electrical problems. Vehicle is small on the inside, but options are nice. Handles OK...have not driven in the snow yet. I am very disapointed with this vehicle."