2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Awesome Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great sound system, practical"

Cons: "Premium Gas ($), electronic e-brake"

"I bought one for my first car in January and its been amazing to me. Besides the great looks and accessibility it feels like a sports car. Great car for anyone in need of a practical, yet sporty car."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, great mpg, interior"

Cons: "A little bit pricey"

"Powerful, comfortable, high quality interior, great look. If you looking for a great small SUV get Tiguan! Maybe a little pricey but better build and equipped than other cars within price range. Car could be compared to Lexus RX, Audi Q5 etc., but not products made by Toyota, Chevy or Nissan"

Good, but has trade offs

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

"I had this vehicle as my primary vehicle as daily commute and business trips vehicle. 1. Great quality and materials used. Feels like a luxury CUV. I've driven MBZ GL450, Toyota RAV4. VW feels much substantial than Toyota. The material and feel of the vehicle, is not much off from MBZ. I've driven a Jetta TDI Wagon as a rental for a few days. It does not even touch the Tiguan on road manner and handling. Solid and secure at high speed. 2. MPG is not great, 22-23mpg and requires premium. 3. 2.0TSI is great, but at 80K, engine light came on. Spent $800 for a valve cleaning job. Was told by the dealer that Direct Injection was clogged causing cylinder misfires. Great new to me was that engine was fine, but require manual cleaning of the valves tha requires $$$$. 4. Reliability. Mine besides the valve cleaning, no other repairs was needed. I drive 18-20K a year. Car runs and runs. The Tiguan actually feels more powerful than when it was new. It feels looser, and Revs more freely now the engine. The engine still sounds like new."

Fantastic car, a little pricy but it's worth it.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"Havent had any issues with the car other than a leak in the moon roof that vw took care of right away."

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"We have just purchased the Tiquan - a dealer demo for 5K under list with 11k. We traded in a Diesel truck, which did not qualify for the clunkers deal and what a difference, obviously - the power and ride are great - I like the ability to shift thru the gears when I want to be a little daring and use the drive mode when just out with the family - plenty of room for two adults in the rear. I am 6'1" and fit very comfortably in the drivers and passengers area. The only option I wish was available on the 'S' series was satellite radio and 17" tires"