2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Fun and good design!

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "premium gas."

"Fun to drive. Smart and cute. Stylish exterior and premium interior. I love my car!"

Honest Comparison on Tiguan

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "superb handling"

Cons: "price over the ceiling when options are added"

"i know i maybe too early to rate my Tiguan (only 1500miles,) but i m talking about 1500miles in 3wks cuz it's really a blast to drive. i had a venza (09,) a RX (03,) 2 CRVs (99,2011)"

2010 Wolfsburg

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"This is my 6th VW and my first suv. I couldn't be happier with my choice to stay with VW even in my time of needing an suv. This crossover is absolutely perfect for me. I just can't wait for winter!"

This is our 3rd Tiguan

By on Monday, February 22, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, decent mpg!"

Cons: "none I can think of"

"We had a 2012, now have 2 2016's. Fun to drive, lots of power and well appointed. This is VW's best kept secret!!"

VW Tiguan

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

"I have a 2010 Tiguan, the cup holder and the emergency brake are next to each other. My wife's coffee splashed out and got on the E-brake. The E-Brake engages sometimes for 20-30 mins. and will not release, of course it was my fault even though it did this prior to the coffee incident and will not be covered by the warranty. Also, the brakes do not always work properly when stopping, sometimes you wonder if you are going to get stopped. The vehicle has great power and is comfortable, however, I would not recommend the vehicle and after the way ALL VW service department have treated us I will not ever be buying another VW. The vehicle is great when it is brand new but after some road time it will have problems. The day after I bought the car I had a note left on my windshield that said I would regret buying a VW and to get rid of it before the warranty runs out which is something like 3yr/36000 so evidently VW doesn't have much faith in their vehicles either. They cost a fortune to fix as well. Hope this helps."

Great vehicle with a lot of power

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, can go anywhere"

Cons: "Rough ride, premium gas, not great gas mileage"

"I like this car but ride is a little rough and sometimes it feels like it is cutting out. Not thrilled with need for premium gas and without premium gas it really is noticeable."

Small, Sporty Crossover

By on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pros: "Sporty and fun to drive -- a GTI stationwagon"

Cons: "Little cabin storage, slow infotainment system"

"Top of the line model at top of class pricing. Small in all respects which is attribute driving and parking, but limited cargo capacity and little interior storage. Some obvious cost cutting like strut to hold up hood and insubstantial feel of door hardware. Very slow startup of navigation- rear camera-entertainment system and slow acceptance of touchscreen inputs. Turbo engine and good handling compensate for these shortcomings, but premium price, need for premium fuel and only OK fuel mileage (best tankful as measured by car's computer on trip has been 26mpg with mixed suburban/open highway running around 22mpg) make this a "once only" purchase."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reason: Needed to free up money in budget to buy a new house

Pros: "Ride, MPG, dependable, solid vehicle"

Cons: "Pricey, but you get what you pay for so good value"

"I love the quality of workmanship and materials in this vehicle. I really can't come up with anything negative. The car got great mileage for a SUV, awsome ride, maintenance free (I also owned a 2010 and had the same great car). Car drives like a champ and put it in sport mode and you're driving a rocket. Maintenance was minimal. Great car. I'll buy another one in the future."

It's a good car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Engine, great price, fun to drive, gas"

Cons: "base model could have more standard features"

"This car is very fast, it has the 2.0 TSi engine with turbo and it sounds beautiful when the turbo is activated. We own 2 of them and are very happy"

Great fun to drive. Agile, plenty of power.

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Well above averge repair costs."

"My Tiguan is a 2010. Drives like a small European sports car. Adequate interior space, 4 motion AWD tracks very well through some of the worst winter weather driving (except higher snow drifts). My complaints are with below average reliability. Problems began at around 70,000 miles. I've had 3 water pumps, trouble with emissions system, replaced turbo, clogged injectors, replaced nearly all motor seals, and other issues. Total cost of dealer completed repairs and maintenance to date with 108k miles - $13,600 (ridiculous). If you get one of these, enjoy it until around 60k miles, then get rid of it!"

Great for the price

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price! Fun to drive! German styling!"

Cons: "squeaky breaks/trans issues"

"I really love my Tiguan, but its already been in the shop 2 times for squeaky breaks. my car is a certified used so it been covered under warranty, thus far. There are a few things, of course that I would change on the car, but for the price of the car it was a great value. I purchased mine in January of 2014, and it had a bit of miles on it, but because it was a lease it was in practically new condition. I drove a Mercedes C300 luxury for 2 weeks prior to driving this and I HATED it. Having driven Mercedes most of my life I realized finally that the materials are getting cheaper and cheaper in them, so I drove this Tiguan. I really fell in love as soon as i got a feel for all the head room and space for what is practically a jacked up golf its not bad for around town. My fiancé and our dog are now on a long road trip and we are now realizing how super small of a car it is, and i say car because its in my opinion it actually has less space than a car for luggage. passenger space is good, but the rear hatch is super small. I have enjoyed it for the most part, but i notice the Transmission seems to shimmy a bit when you are really getting on it, and this makes me nervous, and seems to be a common issue. The breaks are also ver squeaky *but only in the mornings* and the vw guy said this is a problem on ALL of them! I am already upside down in the car, but then again thats my fault for not making a higher payment, but i didn't expect the value to drop as fast as it has in just 3 months. I am used to my cars holding a strong value, and this is a disappointment, again that is my fault for not researching. The materials are cheap as every other car on the market, but much less so than toyota or honda. It has a zippy turbo that makes it feel like a v6 and it can throw you back in your seat if you really press it. I also drive a suburban and to be honest the gas mileage per month is about a 30 dollar difference, so i was surprised it wasn't better than what it is. I will be trading this in as soon as the warranty expires, this car would have been a great first car, but for a 26 year old man like myself it isn't the best fit."

Excellent so far, highly recommended

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, high quality, comfortable"

Cons: "Fuel consumption in city, trunk space"

VW Tiguan S 4motion

"I bought my Tiguan S 4motion in August 2012. So far I have no complaints at all. It has excellent performance and good ride quality. It is completely rattle-free and feels like high quality luxury car. The only criticism I have is the higher than expected fuel consumption in heavy city traffic, which drops below 20 mpg. Out on the highway cruising at 60 to 70 mph 32 or 34 mpg is normal. Performance from the 2 liter turbo engine is completely effortless. With the transmission in sport mode it is especially fun to drive. When pressed hard the engine note has a satisfyingly sporty snarl. Handling feels a bit roly-poly as expected for an SUV, but the trade off is very comfortable ride over pot holed roads. The base model's 15 inch wheels also help in this regard. With the back seat in its rear-most position there is plenty of space for 3 passengers in the back seat (ample headroom and good legroom). However, the trunk space (whilst ample for shopping) is a bit limited compared to a Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4. Should be fine for 2 people on a road trip, but not 4 or 5 unless you fit a roof top box. Overall, I am very pleased with this car and highly recommend this model to anybody who is looking for a compact SUV."

VW Tiguan S 4motion

Great car

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

"power, performance and technology - far surpasses competition in all areas. Incredible build quality and refinement."

Tiguan

By on Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"I traded in a VW Beetle Convertible for the 2009 Tiguan. I loved my Beetle, but felt it was just too small for me and I wanted something a little more rugged. Amazingly, my MPG didn't go down as much as I had anticipated, and the little Tiguan handles much better. There was a problem with the gas gauge, but it was fixed and VW gave me a free full tank of gas!!!! I have been a loyal VW consumer for many years, and although there have been times when engineering didn't really hold up against some of the other cars on the market. This time, however, I think that the Tiguan is a much better car than its Toyota counterpart (RAV-4) and Honda counterpart (CRV). With a turbo-engine, tiptronic, and overall great comfort and look, I LOVE my new Tiguan. Just wish that I would have held out for leather interior!"

Surprised!!

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Turbo - ooh la la! Bluetooth, Sirius, Nav, camera"

Cons: "In town driving, not so impressive, c/b gas"

"I traded in my 6cyl Beamer for a smaller SUV. I like Tiguan's look & styling. Got a good trade-in for my Beamer, paid the balance with cash & drove off. Living along the coast, we never know what our winters will be like. I was concerned how this lighter-weighted car would handle in snow. Surprised for sure! Incredible traction in 10 inches of snow. Driving through New England this winter where each state goes from no snow to 3 feet, this car handled beautifully. Ice, not so much, but what vehicle does? My car is loaded with all the fun technology & comfort. The trunk is smaller than I thought, but I did want a smaller car. The only thing that still bothers me is the 4cyl local driving - maybe it's the premium gas - I've tried all the name gas - Mobil, Citgo, Shell - to the no-names. Citgo is the best, but there aren't any in my area anymore. Anyway, the local drive is just okay. Highway driving is a whole other experience the turbo can't be beat -incredible. I have total confidence I can beat all the other Massachusetts drivers getting into the lane I want. If you know about us MA drivers, you'll understand how important this turbo is. Fast, sure-footed, this turbo is right on the money. If you don't mind the small size & just okay local drive, this loaded Tiguan is a great surprise."

Solid Build

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "Fun, stable driver with great panaramic sunroof"

Cons: "More back storage area would be nice."

"Very solidly built with excellent materials throughout. Best handling and performing of the small SUVs for the year. Entertaining to drive while very stable in wet, snow and ice conditions. Normal mileage 21 - 27, with high of 30 during 'uninterrupted' country road driving. Flexible utility with folding seats. Back seat very roomy with storage behind seat meeting most needs. Panaramic sunroof is great giving a convertible feel when opened. Never a breakdown but have had PVC valve problem needing repair/replacement and oil leak from engine and all-wheel drive system. Also intake engine valves required cleaning service."

Should have an Audi attached to this auto

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Great ride and comfort, this is not a Ford ride"

Cons: "Nothing noted I know what I purchased"

"I have had 4 VW's and I just traded in my wife 2010 Tiguan for a 2015 SE Tiguan, and decided on a lease, as I found out the lease for VW is not the same you get with the rest. I was impressed needless to say. VW quality is so good now a days, and this small AWD kicks that I would never go to Toyota, and I have, but walked away. I am looking at what will come in 2016 as I might just lease a vehicle myself and trade in my Nissan."

Love it!

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"I love my car - and so does everyone who rides in it! It's compact yet roomy on the inside with the benefits of a small SUV. It's very fun to drive. If I won the lottery I would still keep my car."

great car... great price.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"I got this car almost new with 100,000 mile warranty for 2,000 less than a used, junky Honda CRV. The two vehicles don't even compare. VW has excellent engineering, and is well designed. I love it."

Very reliable vehicle in like new condition$25,000

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price for a very reliable vehicle"

"Goes anywhere at any time,quick acceleration(4 cylinder turbo)and makes for a comfortable drive. Engine= 2.0L I-4 Power= 200 @ 5,100 rpm Transmission= 6-spd w/OD 0-60= 8.7 seconds Drivetrain= 4Motion all wheel Seating= 5 passengers(Front Seats Heated) Cargo=56.1 cu.ft. MPG= 18 City / 24 HWY Option of having Sirius Radio"

german feel

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"A comfortable and tight ride. Very solid and safe feel. Hard on gas, (26 hwy with 4 wheel drive), yet easy on tires and plenty of power for getting around in traffic, unlike the doggy CRV. We have had her for 18 mos and my wife's comment is: "I love this car and will keep it for 10 years.""

Best Drive I've Owned

By on Monday, August 9, 2010

"Excellent 2.o Turbo engine and automatic transmission. Bought the basic 2.0 with auto and added leather seats. The basic S has all the standard features you would want other than cloth seats. The five star safety rating proved accurate as I had a driver T-bone me in the driver side going between 30-40 miles per hour after running a red light and came out of the accident with no injuries. MPG is the greatest but I don't mind losing 1-2 mpg in the small SUV class in exchange for the power with the turbo - when you push on the gas pedal it goes unlike the others I tested."

Great little SUV

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Only wish it had a programmable remote"

"I have owned BMW's,Mercedes,and this is my first vw. I purchased the vehicle new and has been very comfortable and lovely to drive. Easy to park anywhere."

best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "the passanger seat does not lean back far enough"

"Love love love this car will never own another car except a VOLKSWAGEN"

Fantastic

By on Monday, October 11, 2010

"Excellent! Just the right size, great pick up, very comfy, everthing is easy to get to. You must look at this. They are not that easy to find. But it is worth the wait!"