2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Best SUV ever !!! Drives like a sports car !!!

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun Quality.... Comfort...Quality interior"

"This granny is absolutely thrilled with her tiguan. I feel like I am driving a sports car, but still have room for all I need, and get great visibility. Comfortable and sassy !!! Great engineering ...wonderful vehicle!!! Love love to pass those slow folks....and the fantastic nav system gets me wherever I need to be. Back-up camera is the best ever."

my first suv no regrets.

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "A lot too many to mention."

Cons: "maybe could be a little cheaper but overall price not bad."

"Well my 4th vw and love it,but my first suv nothing bad to say about it,good horsepower for 4 cyls rides good handles very very good especially in the snow I got the SE 4motion gas mileage very good also,no complaints some people give some negative feedback about it I don't know what they expect example noise I never heard it.bottomline I recomend this compact suv to any regular size family 1 or 2 kids max even 5 average size persons could ride confortable."

Could have done better

By on Monday, February 3, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Mentioned above"

"had this car for 4 years. Bought new, have multiple issues that VW has known about but doesn't fix. Examples include: Gas flap that won't open: At dealership acknowledged that it is happening to many Tiguans, answer was to just not close the flap. Sun Roof Screen that doesn't close all the way: Again, dealership says it happens with this model and that it closes mostly, and that they would charge to fix Fuses blowing: Have had several fuses blow. Dealship says again that this model is known for it, Other issues that we couldn't determine if it happens to other Tiguans: Water leak: Took the car multiple times to dealership. First thought it was the skylight, then door jam then it was something in engine compartment. That was it, but from the constant humidity over a year, we have rust on all parts inside the car Front lights: Have gone out twice in 4 years - seems strange to me. Issues that were just bad design: Electronic emergency brake: dumbest idea ever. If the care was more reliable, it would be great. Drives nicesly, looks good, right size for the city, decent price"

I love my Tiguan!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "great value, sporty, full loaded, dependable"

"I owned a Ford Edge before purchasing my Tiguan last year and can only rave about my Tiguan. My Edge can't compare to the value I've found in this car. Although it only has a 4-cylinder compared to my 6-cyclinder Edge, it's lighter and sporty so I don't notice a decrease in power. The turbo can really get you where you need to be. I purchased my Tiguan for about $10,000 less than an Edge with all the same amentities. This car has been great and that's coming from a previous VW owner who swore never to own another VW after a terrible Jetta experience. My son asked me the other day if I'd get another Tiguan if something happened to the one I have now. I told him I'd absolutely make the same decision again to purchase a Tiguan. You can't beat the car for the money...not to mention the VW dealerships around here provide much better service than the Ford dealerships....I love my Tiguan and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great small SUV that's fully loaded."

I'm in love!

By on Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pros: "Handling, looks, comfortable, panoramic sun roof"

Cons: "nothing!"

"I've had my 2012 VW Tiguan SE 4motion for a little over a month and I love it! Just today I was stopped in a parking lot by three separate people to compliment me on how cute it is! I test drove the CC and felt like it was a little too fancy for me and the Passat felt a little too American to me (more like a Ford or Chevy). The Tiguan handles great, has a great look, and is comfortable. Can't wait to try it out this winter!"

Small CUV that offers great performance and luxury

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Performance, good handling, acceleration"

Cons: "Pricey (unless compared to Audis and BMWs)"

"Good-handling small utility vehicle with turbo four and 6-speed automatic, navigation, rear camera, leather heated seats,power folding mirrors and adaptive xenon headlights for $35K -- coupled with excellent nearby dealer (in Mobile, AL)and 3-year free maintenance makes the Tiguan SEL a very competitive vehicle. You get 3/4 of of the new BMW X1 for much less in comparable trim. Downsides are just OK fuel mileage for class (Since new I've been getting about 22mpg around town and 26mpg on four-lanes and Interstates -- very close to EPA ratings), relatively small cargo space with rear seats up (but very good rear leg room) and inconvenient rear seat folding -- and they don't lie perfectly flat. But I traded these shortcomings for excellent handling and acceleration and a vehicle that is sporty and different from more common small utility vehicles."

Very nice in city or on open highway

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great acceleration and handling. FUN to drive"

Cons: "Premium gas, small storage area,"

"Low fatigue factor. Did very well in snow and ice, Low maintenance. Turbo makes this vehicle an excellent choice over competition."

Very Happy with 2013 SEL 4 Motion Tiguan

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Driving, handling , pick up and design"

Cons: "The Ride....rougher in the SEL series."

"We have about 1,200 miles on our Tiguan. The handling and driving is a 10. The exterior and Interior design is great, comfort seating is wonderful. We have the 4-Motion series (AWD) and it handles great in the snow. Fun to drive, great pick up and for passing !! The only negative I see is that the SEL series has a "sport" ride which is not as smooth as the SE or the S model. This is primarily due to the 19 inch tires/wheels on the SEL series. However, we still LOVE the vehicle. We liked it better than the Honda CRV , the Toyota RAV 4 and the Chevy Equinox. Has a 12 yr rust corrision warranty"

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

Great car with some annoying quirks

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, agile, great driving experience"

Cons: "Gas, bad navigation system, over-sensitive ABS"

"When I was shopping for cars, the most important thing to me was driveability - how did it feel when driving it. This was by far the best car I tested in what I was looking for (a compact SUV), and I do not regret my purchase. The car handles well and feels great to drive. There are some annoying quirks, mainly with the onboard system. Basically, the navigation system is terrible and the whole system is very unintuitive. I also find the anti-lock brake system to be WAY too sensitive - it kicks at least once a day, whenever I brake while driving on even a bit of gravel. The gas mileage isn't great, and I wish it didn't have to be premium, but I don't drive so much that it's a big consideration. Ultimately, in the areas that matter most, this car is excellent."