2009 Volkswagen Tiguan

8.2

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

Great SUV

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"My 5th VW and my second favorite. Nothing comes near the Fall of 2003 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T Edition handling, performance and gas milage 30 to 40 miles per gallon. The Tiguan has a nice smooth powerful ride. There is something I don't like: weird noise in the rear bushing when driving on a bumping road. It would be better in gas if there was no ethanol in our gas now."

Can't believe how amazing this CUV is!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "great price, great value, amazing and fun ride"

Cons: "poor gas mileage with need for premium fuel"

"So for the last 4 years I have been looking over every vehicle imaginable, trying to find the right combination of cost, features and appearance. I didn't want anything too sporty or too big (gas guzzler) or too small and cheap and I was also hoping to get AWD or 4WD. I have driven a Subaru Legacy for the last 10 years and truth be told, had no issue with it, but was about to die from boredom because the car just refused to die! Well, I came across this 2013 with only 17K miles while searching used car dealerships on the web and decided to test drive. I will admit that I drove nothing else while looking for a good used car, but one drive and I was sold. It is not the best looking CUV, but it does have a look all its own. The ride is at least 10 times better than my old Legacy and it doesn't even have all the options I could've gotten on it (no sunroof, keyless, or nav). The ride is stiffer, but the feel is amazing, plenty of get up and go for a little 4 banger (200 hp), and I'm not embarrassed driving it around. I got the 4motion version and the mileage is surprisingly poor, not as good as my Legacy, but this is more than made up for with the way this vehicle runs/feels, no more death by boredom! I didn't rate reliability as I have only had this beauty for about 2 weeks, but I'm hopeful to have it for another 10 years because it is truly everything I was looking for. Really, I just can't say enough good things about this Tig. I love it and can't wait to take it out in the snow to see how it does..."

Excellent car for every season

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "great value and benefits overall"

"4Motion drives in winter like a charm"

By on Friday, March 26, 2010

quick and smooth

By on Saturday, October 17, 2009

"As a first time Volkswagen owner i must admit I did not choose this vehicle. My wife fell in love with the looks and small size while I was skeptical of the brand name compared to Honda. We now have 10,000 on this little machine and it has been a pleasure. Quick and sure footed, it drives out like a dream compared to the CRV. How will it do in the long-run? I don't know yet, but we have nothing but good things to say about this vehicle for now. It really is fun to drive. Ours is a 6speed auto 4-motion with panoramic sunroof and heated leather."