2012 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.8/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

Very happy with my Routan

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Great value, great driving experience, excellent handling and performance"

good but not great

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"i bought this van new, within 6000 miles had a seal go out on the trans, but over all satisfied, rides great and handles like a sports car!"

2009 SE 29k miles

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I would have to say that the only complaint I have for this vehicle is that the MPG sucks for the 3.8L version. Expect about 13 MPG around town. Other than that I am pleased with the VW purchase. Awesome deals on these out there is what made me choose VW. I hope I do not have a lemon because I really do like the van."

Ok Van

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I looked at several minivans and overall i was excited about the Routan because it looked stylish for a minivan. Then after driving it for two years, the dvd cover sometimes wont open and DVDs get stuck, CDs skip, the driver window won't go all the way up, till i pull the button 5 or six times, squeals really loud. I don't like the seats, I have to hike my leg way up to get over the huge hump on the beveled seat. However I will say, the service we get is excellent. I would rate that a 10 if i could. I do like the dual rear entertainment, no problems there. I like the heated seats and the 8 way power driver's seat. I like how the shifter is on the dash and the storage is incredible. I might consider another volkswagen because they treat us so great!"

Love it!

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"We have a 2009 Routan SE that currently has just shy of 18,000 miles on it. We also test drove an Odyseey, Sinnea, Quest, and T & C but felt we were getting the most for our money with the VW. We've not be disappointed! The interior is a little "plasticy." But all of the features are very simple to use--every thing from the DVD players to reconfiguring the seats is super easy! We have had none of the issues that others seem to complain about. The only problem we've had is a fuse, which controls the front power outles, blew. The dealer replaced it, at no charge of course, and we only spent about 20 minutes at the service department waiting; it was a minor thing and an easy fix. We've been very happy with the look and the handling of this van. Gas mileage is not great but is comparable to other mini-vans. We feel like this is a great vehicle and would recommend you put it on your list of vans to test drive!"

Stay Away!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Lots of great features for passengers"

Cons: "Bad brakes, uses oil, bad service at dealership"

"We were very pleased with the 2010 Routan when we first got it as it was $10,000 off the sticker price brand new from the dealership. That should have been our first warning! The car holds a lot and has lots of great features, but that is where the "pros" end. The car is very comfortable for everyone except the driver. We have taken it on many long road trips and I always feel like I have to fight with it. It drives more like a truck than a car. I loved my Sienna and this is definitely on the opposite side of the comfort spectrum. I guess some people may like this, but I feel it lends to driver fatigue. It is the only car I have ever driven where my foot actually falls asleep while driving! The car is very heavy, but does not do well in the snow of Western New York. I have gotten stuck a few times and needed to be pushed just to get up a small incline or hill. Not good for a family of skiers! Hoping that a better set of tires will help with that this year. Also, the transmission does seem to drop while accelerating. We have had the brakes fixed 3 times within 40K miles averaging about once a year since we have owned it. When the brakes go, they burn up smoking and getting incredibly hot! It is now beginning to use oil as well. I have had to add at least 2 quarts just to get to the next oil change. I was told this was "normal" usage. Never before have I had to use this much oil! It seems it was easier for VW to just stop making this vehicle than fix it!"

LOVE our car

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "can fit tons of stuff in it"

Cons: "middle seats not on tracks and cost"

"We bought our Routan used and we still love it. It accommodates all 4 of children and is wonderful during 14 hour road trips. If I had to pick one flaw that we work around is that the middle seats aren't adjustable (on tracks) as far as for leg room. Other than that it gets great gas mileage and its a living room on wheels. Tons of room! awesome car just wish it was a little cheaper."

Do not recommend this car.

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "The price was good for all the item it included"

Cons: "Not reliable"

"More than 10 recalls, leaks form the sunroof, battery doesn't last, the paint in the doorknobs is peeling off! the lights on the dashboard turn on and off whenever they want making it too often a visit to the dealer to fix that. Also problem with the starring system."

Awesome drive.

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Everything about the vehicle is a pro."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"I have never been one to dig the minivan concept, however, when my wife talked me into just looking at them, after the test-drive I was sold. Very smooth ride and we have enjoyed it ever since. I am not much of one to take the back seat on any ride, but I wouldn't mind this ride anytime in the back seat. Two dvd screens for viewing two movies at the same time. Very quiet ride. If I didn't have this now, I would even consider purchasing a used one just like it because I am that sold on the vehicle. I am more of a Ford man myself, but next in line for me after Ford is now the VW. Great vehicles and great service through the dealership. After two weeks of owning the van we drove down to Disneyland. Great drive and couldn't ask for anything more. Heated seats, leather, very quiet ride. Many times I wonder if the engine is still running if stopped because it is that quiet. Would highly recommend the Routan to anyone looking for a mini van, and if you're not, you should look at this ride over an SUV. Cost on gas is much lower and the ride is AWESOME. Both daughters have actually bought VW's since we bought this van, just because that is how impressed we are with the quality. I should have been purchasing VW's years ago."

Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Good on the road, steering and suspension excellen"

Cons: "Low gas mileage a little low compared to other mvs"

"For a base model (S), it has everything necessary as your standard grocery getter but the ride and handling is the best I've had in any minivan (Kia, older Voyager, older Toyota). Pretty spartan but hasn't fallen to pieces and doesn't make weird noises like the Kia or older model Voyagers did."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals