2011 Volkswagen Routan

6.2

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

6.6/10
    6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.8/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

My New BCF (best car forever)

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "GREAT VALUE, stylish, storage, power sliding doors"

Cons: "gas, towing, dashboard, not making it anymore"

"After my husband found a new job in Chicago, my 2 kids and I had to move to Illinois. I had to say goodbye to my beloved 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring. I needed a new car that I could drive in feeling good and relax in. I love German cars so I decided to stop by the Volkswagen dealership after disappointment from BMW and Mercedes. The salesman asked me what I needed and I said that I wanted a big car for my family and I. After checking out the Touareg (a little too pricey) he showed me a 2012 Volkswagen Routan SE w/DVD and Nav. I was surprised because I did not know that VW had a minivan. I was also surprised because it was a 2012 model. After checking out the Tiguan (too small) I decided to go with the Routan. It has the most amazing value. This was only the 2nd trim and it had navigation, leather, power liftgate and doors, and a dual DVD entertainment system. The VW styling is very nice and cool for a soccer mom. I have only had it for 2 or 3 months now. I have had no problems and I will probably keep it until it dies. I am having another baby and know that there will be no problem putting a booster in the Routan's large bucket seats. I do wish it had more VW styling inside, but I have no idea why VW stopped production as it is a great car and I see a surprising amount of them on the streets and driveways. The car holds up like a champ during winter and when I leave it outside in the bad weather it does fine. It is perfect for me, my kids, my dog, my house, and my anti minivan husband. I know we will be safe in an accident. Now I am considering buying an Audi SUV because the VW's towing isn't that great."

Best Mini Van

By on Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pros: "Drives smooth, luxury and comfort"

Cons: "The price was higher then the value"

"This mini van has it all and is perfect for large families and long trips!"

Not Bad

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pros: "Nice styling, lots of pep"

Cons: "Resale value"

"I thought that the Routan was discontinued after the 2012 model. I see that some dealers are still selling '13s and '14s but not here in my town. I bought the car new in October 2011 at a huge discount and it has been a pretty good car. I don't think I'd be thrilled now if I paid anywhere near the MSRP."

very reliable vehicle :-)

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Got a great price for it; solid & reliable"

"Bought this van new 5 years ago to replace another VW van. This one is far superior to previous one!!! A German vehicle built by Chrysler in Canada...go figure :-)) Love the way it drives and handles--very smooth and solid. Seats are generous & comfortable for long distance driving. Gas mileage is around 19-20. Overall vision is very good w/ glass all around. Control panels well designed, easy to use. Aside from regular maintenance, have had only very minor issue with one of the power windows. Didn't get a van with a lot of bells & whistles, so there's less to go wrong/repair. Overall it's well made, and a good value. Gets me where I want to go, comfortably & reliably. Would recommend :-))"

worst vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Reason: too many problems!

Pros: "very nice looking..."

Cons: "not realiable car...."

"The car had too many electrical problems, it consumed too much gas, the interior was made with cheap plastic, the shift gear timing was off all the time. Bad choice - DO NOT BUY IT!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen Routan near Honolulu. See local deals