2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2008 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Engine and DSG/say no more!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"The engine has an addictive sound when you start the car. The car is luxurious, sporty yet very comfortable to drive. However, if you need to hustle, just put your right foot down and you are there. Better than the BMW 330 and a much nicer car than the Japanese competition. I would buy another now just to have 2! Only complaint? the ipod plug in is in the glove compartment...WHY VW??"

White Lightening in Kentucky

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I am honored to say that I have one of the most attractive, more aggressive cars on wet pavement or snow in Alaska, or even the most dependable car I have ever own. I had wondered about the stability and reliability of the R32 for about six months before deciding to buy the car. Honestly, if you are a driver that wants a vehicle that is heavy, quick, road gripping, as well as feeling safe behind the wheel of a sports car, the R32 is definitely a dependable car while driving on snowy road of Alaska. I strongly recommend that VW re-evaluate the vehicle to produce more! Personally, with the technology and the well design behind the R32, a call to the future, this is one little car that will catch anyone’s attention. The R32 is truly a remarkable and well engineered piece of equipment. I find it a shame that more of the R32s are not offered in the United States. When and if the R32 is redesigned, with comparable equipment or more advance equipment, I will most definitely be at the dealership to get the next generation of R32s. – Louisville, Kentucky"

If you have a chance to own this car, do it.

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

"It is not the fastest car in the world. I'm about even with the new GT Mustangs and I've lost to my share of cars. What makes this car great is the reliability, comfort and performance all in one package. I have over 155 thousand miles and I've never once worried about it starting. On my way to work today I raced and beat a new Acura using the launch control and I do that regularly - so don't get the idea that I have that number of miles because I am nice to the car. It has enough room to fit my wife and I, as well as our three little girls in car seats and still have room for groceries. The transmission on this car is fantastically smooth. The races I do lose I watch other drivers fight to keep their cars in a straight line while I could tie my shoes at full throttle. This is the best car I've ever owned and far more fun to drive than my Corvette. I have no plans on selling it (ever) but if you do find someone willing to part with theirs jump at the chance."

Surprisingly adaptable! Fast, comfortable, useful!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"let me start by saying that I am a fan of most products from the VW Audi group, having owned, 1 polo, 2 audi's, 2 Rabbits/Golfs I have had 2 MK5 Golfs with the R32 being my second and latest. This vehicle is great, when you need to get lots in the seats fold down to a surprisingly large cargo carrying area. Yet just 1 or 2 up with the performance this car has, it adjusts to a great sports tourer. My friends are always surprised the first time they get in the vehicle at how quick it is! I've been skiing many times and the all wheel drive has been great - no need for a huge 4x4 - I have 4 people ski's and snowsboards in no dramas! around town the nimbleness is great as is the ability to park! Then when heading out of town the v6 really allows you to cruise with ipod, zune, siruis playing the miles away. Great car, I'd still get this car over the brand new Mk6 Rabbit GTI - reasons: 1. the engine is great 2. styling still looks sharp against the new model 3. residual values are great - just 5000 cars made as an R32 4. more sporty than the GTI and just a little more different from the crowd! Go check one out and see what I mean!"

Stretch it's legs

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

"This car rounds out my experience with owning sports cars of all types by being in the AWD category. I traded a 2006 350Z for this 2008 R32 (got an excellant trade value and asking price used so the value is there) I've put 7000 miles on it in 60 days, its a joy on long drives but not as engaging on runs as a true manual RWD sports car you can get silly with. From zero to 60 using launch control a stock R32 edges out the pre-2006 350Z, and outpaces it around a track with short straights... yet during 600 mile trips drives like a small Mercedes sedan. The R32 has the unique ability of being very firm and steady for a small car at high speeds when you stretch it's legs. 100 feels like 70 in a bigger car. The brakes are magnificent and the stock winter Dunlops are OK but beware side pinching which the 40 series tires are prone to. This is a car you want to have 2 sets of tires/wheels (for summer/winter) and leave everything else alone. Otherwise you will be hounded by the check engine light. Not a good platform for modifications but if you want a daily driver that treats you to luxurious and affordable front of the pack cruising and weekend camping or autocross fun, look to pick one of these up used for $25k @ 20k miles!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals