2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2008 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

R32-Last of it's Kind?

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"VW threw everything at this flagship sports car to make it the hottest hatch ever. The only pure european GT hatch you can buy in N.A. More refined than any other car of it's kind. I doubt there will be another V6 hatch. Buy this muscle car while you still can. If you don't believe how good this car is, read what other owners say. Cons? fuel economy (sacrificed in favor of aggressive ratios), navigation, spotty quality dealers. Pros? Refinement, features, specs, Haldex all wheel drive, glorious V6, limited edition."

If you have a chance to own this car, do it.

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

"It is not the fastest car in the world. I'm about even with the new GT Mustangs and I've lost to my share of cars. What makes this car great is the reliability, comfort and performance all in one package. I have over 155 thousand miles and I've never once worried about it starting. On my way to work today I raced and beat a new Acura using the launch control and I do that regularly - so don't get the idea that I have that number of miles because I am nice to the car. It has enough room to fit my wife and I, as well as our three little girls in car seats and still have room for groceries. The transmission on this car is fantastically smooth. The races I do lose I watch other drivers fight to keep their cars in a straight line while I could tie my shoes at full throttle. This is the best car I've ever owned and far more fun to drive than my Corvette. I have no plans on selling it (ever) but if you do find someone willing to part with theirs jump at the chance."

Fun&Fast

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"I never thought I'd like a "automatic" trans but the DSG in th R32 gives the driver a lot of control. Put it in the sport mode and get on the gas and just goes. It's been a snowy winter and with 4-motion it hasn't been a problem. Can't wait for spring."

Excellence

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"This is far better than a nissan 350z (the car I almost bought instead). I test drove both, and the 350 was faster but no where near the same quality, comfort, or luxury. This car makes you feel like your driving a cool, high performance, high tech, luxury car, because you are! This is a very cool car and very exclusive unlike the 350z. This car gets comments like "cool ride" and "wow, this is nicer than i thought". Plenty of room in the trunk and my 6'3 200lbs dad can fit in the back without sacrificing his legs! I plan on buying the next R32 when it comes out in a few years!"

Great Car!

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"Once the recall for the fuel system was fixed which was two visits to the dealership, the car was excellent! Handles great, looks great, fast and comfortable to drive. Also will get much attention from all ages when parked. The problem you will have though is everyone will want to race you, especially the Subaru guys! Enjoy the car!!"

The best car I've owned

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Reliable"

Cons: "Latch to rear seat seems flimsy."

"Previously i drove an Infiniti G35 Coupe, and this car blows it out of the water. Fun to drive, reliable, comfortable, fast, handles incredibly and gets looks everywhere i go. This is just an excellent vehicle and by FAR the best purchase I've made."

Best Auto Purchase Ever

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"First, I have to admit I am a VW Hatchback fan. I had an '02 GTI. We bought our R32 in September. We absolutely love this car. It has great handling, looks great, and has an interior that rivals the Audi's we've owned. Then there's that sweet exhause growl!!! You are never wanting for power and the DSG is as smooth as silk. We've already taken it for a few long trips. It is a wonderful touring machine. Granted, you have to like hatchbacks to want to spend $35k on this VW, but if you do this car is worth every penny and then some."

Engine and DSG/say no more!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"The engine has an addictive sound when you start the car. The car is luxurious, sporty yet very comfortable to drive. However, if you need to hustle, just put your right foot down and you are there. Better than the BMW 330 and a much nicer car than the Japanese competition. I would buy another now just to have 2! Only complaint? the ipod plug in is in the glove compartment...WHY VW??"

White Lightening in Kentucky

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"I am honored to say that I have one of the most attractive, more aggressive cars on wet pavement or snow in Alaska, or even the most dependable car I have ever own. I had wondered about the stability and reliability of the R32 for about six months before deciding to buy the car. Honestly, if you are a driver that wants a vehicle that is heavy, quick, road gripping, as well as feeling safe behind the wheel of a sports car, the R32 is definitely a dependable car while driving on snowy road of Alaska. I strongly recommend that VW re-evaluate the vehicle to produce more! Personally, with the technology and the well design behind the R32, a call to the future, this is one little car that will catch anyone’s attention. The R32 is truly a remarkable and well engineered piece of equipment. I find it a shame that more of the R32s are not offered in the United States. When and if the R32 is redesigned, with comparable equipment or more advance equipment, I will most definitely be at the dealership to get the next generation of R32s. – Louisville, Kentucky"

Surprisingly adaptable! Fast, comfortable, useful!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"let me start by saying that I am a fan of most products from the VW Audi group, having owned, 1 polo, 2 audi's, 2 Rabbits/Golfs I have had 2 MK5 Golfs with the R32 being my second and latest. This vehicle is great, when you need to get lots in the seats fold down to a surprisingly large cargo carrying area. Yet just 1 or 2 up with the performance this car has, it adjusts to a great sports tourer. My friends are always surprised the first time they get in the vehicle at how quick it is! I've been skiing many times and the all wheel drive has been great - no need for a huge 4x4 - I have 4 people ski's and snowsboards in no dramas! around town the nimbleness is great as is the ability to park! Then when heading out of town the v6 really allows you to cruise with ipod, zune, siruis playing the miles away. Great car, I'd still get this car over the brand new Mk6 Rabbit GTI - reasons: 1. the engine is great 2. styling still looks sharp against the new model 3. residual values are great - just 5000 cars made as an R32 4. more sporty than the GTI and just a little more different from the crowd! Go check one out and see what I mean!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals