2008 Volkswagen R32

9.6

Based on 56 Ratings for the 2008 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

R32-Last of it's Kind?

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"VW threw everything at this flagship sports car to make it the hottest hatch ever. The only pure european GT hatch you can buy in N.A. More refined than any other car of it's kind. I doubt there will be another V6 hatch. Buy this muscle car while you still can. If you don't believe how good this car is, read what other owners say. Cons? fuel economy (sacrificed in favor of aggressive ratios), navigation, spotty quality dealers. Pros? Refinement, features, specs, Haldex all wheel drive, glorious V6, limited edition."

If you have a chance to own this car, do it.

By on Saturday, March 26, 2016

"It is not the fastest car in the world. I'm about even with the new GT Mustangs and I've lost to my share of cars. What makes this car great is the reliability, comfort and performance all in one package. I have over 155 thousand miles and I've never once worried about it starting. On my way to work today I raced and beat a new Acura using the launch control and I do that regularly - so don't get the idea that I have that number of miles because I am nice to the car. It has enough room to fit my wife and I, as well as our three little girls in car seats and still have room for groceries. The transmission on this car is fantastically smooth. The races I do lose I watch other drivers fight to keep their cars in a straight line while I could tie my shoes at full throttle. This is the best car I've ever owned and far more fun to drive than my Corvette. I have no plans on selling it (ever) but if you do find someone willing to part with theirs jump at the chance."

Fun&Fast

By on Saturday, March 1, 2008

"I never thought I'd like a "automatic" trans but the DSG in th R32 gives the driver a lot of control. Put it in the sport mode and get on the gas and just goes. It's been a snowy winter and with 4-motion it hasn't been a problem. Can't wait for spring."

Excellence

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"This is far better than a nissan 350z (the car I almost bought instead). I test drove both, and the 350 was faster but no where near the same quality, comfort, or luxury. This car makes you feel like your driving a cool, high performance, high tech, luxury car, because you are! This is a very cool car and very exclusive unlike the 350z. This car gets comments like "cool ride" and "wow, this is nicer than i thought". Plenty of room in the trunk and my 6'3 200lbs dad can fit in the back without sacrificing his legs! I plan on buying the next R32 when it comes out in a few years!"

Great Car!

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"Once the recall for the fuel system was fixed which was two visits to the dealership, the car was excellent! Handles great, looks great, fast and comfortable to drive. Also will get much attention from all ages when parked. The problem you will have though is everyone will want to race you, especially the Subaru guys! Enjoy the car!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen R32 near Honolulu. See local deals