2010 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Beautiful but Unreliable

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I’ve had my Passat for 3+ years. I have had MANY small problems with it. I had new parts put on the transmission 3 times, wiper fluid dispensers replaced, radio replaced, all while it was still under warranty. Now that it is out of warranty I have an airbag fault, the transmission is beginning to do the same thing again, my radio doesn’t work properly, I have an antifreeze leak, something is going wrong with the starter, and lights on the outside of the car need to be replaces often. I’m going to dump the car as soon as I can, but the resale value is horrible. I love the look and performance of the car, but just simply can not afford all the repairs."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."

I really love this car.

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "comfort and cargo and great mileage"

Cons: "They are no longer making this model."

"I really love this car. Very comfortable and drives great. It gets great mileage and lots of cargo space."

Rocket Wagen

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Reliability"

Cons: "Regular maintenance is a bit more expensive"

"I've owned my 3.6 wagon for about 2 years now and it's the perfect car for someone who travels for work. I drive about 25k miles/year and the Passat has proven to be fast, comfortable, spacious and durable (exterior and interior finish quality is outstanding for this price range). The only "failure" I've experienced is a defective fuel pressure sensor that was replaced under the certified warranty and otherwise, it has been absolutely reliable. If you are looking for a vehicle with the room of a mid-size SUV but handles more like a sports car, check out the Passat. My only regret is I didn't hold out for one with 4-motion all-wheel drive."

Looks great and fun to drive

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive, great winter handling, smooth sports car like ride"

Cons: "Regular maintenance can be expesive."

"I have owned my Passat for a year. I hesitated to buy it due to some of the reviews but I loved it when I drove it and I got a good price so I bought it. So a year later, I still love this car. I've had no unexpected maintenance problems. I did need breaks and it's not cheap to fix but probably what you would expect from a German car. I have the 3.6 and the car is a rocket. Drives great in the New Hampshire winter. No torque steer. Controls are very intuitive and I like the clean smooth lines of the dash. Also I get about 25mpg."