2010 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 513 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "good value, attractive, comfortable"

Cons: "I can't think of any"

"This is the best car I ever owned. The quality is excellent, holds the road, excellent gas mileage (2400pm 38 mpg), attractive design, started everytime in the cold Illinois winters. I can't say enough nice about this car."

Fast, very economical, fun

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "Economical (30 MPG as daily driver), comfortable"

Cons: "small door mirrors, design of center console"

"Bought the car used with 14,000 on it. It's the Sport optioned car with the 6 speed manual. I added a chip to it and this car screams! Even without the chip, the manual trans makes it a completely different animal than the garden variety automatic. Car is very smooth on the interstate, it's like a landlocked missile and is really fun to drive on back serpentine roads. Great sports suspension with minimal body roll. Brakes are adequate and without drama. Interior is well finished with typical Germanic functionality. The really additional cool factor is there were only 1750 units with the Sports package, Dynaudio and the 6 speed imported for this model year. This car has been rock steady reliable."

Japan is better

By on Monday, October 26, 2009

"Bought this car new in June of 07 have had to take it to the dealer 7 times for for dash lights coming on everything from check engine to low tire pressure all the contrlos went out in steering wheel. No engine problems or trans but alot of annoying problems. This car way over engineered. Always owned Nissan or Toyota and can remember only one problem. Germans make a good looking car and rides great but to much hassel. get extended warr."

some good, some bad

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"I bought this car one year ago. The first time I drove it I just fell in love with the car. The performance is great for the engine size and fuel economy is great. Also this is the most comfortable car I've EVER been in. trunk space is amazing. There are some bad things that come along with this car though also. For one It is in the shop anywhere from one to three times a month!!! this car is not reliable at all. If I didn't have a warranty I would be paying more to fix the car than my car payment! I recently decied to put a software mod on my car from apr and it has made all the differance in the world! 52 more horsepower, 100 more foot pounds of touque, better gas mileage, and best of all, NO ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS SINCE! overall the car is worth it of you don't mind spending a few days here and here at th dealer."

Beautiful but Unreliable

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I’ve had my Passat for 3+ years. I have had MANY small problems with it. I had new parts put on the transmission 3 times, wiper fluid dispensers replaced, radio replaced, all while it was still under warranty. Now that it is out of warranty I have an airbag fault, the transmission is beginning to do the same thing again, my radio doesn’t work properly, I have an antifreeze leak, something is going wrong with the starter, and lights on the outside of the car need to be replaces often. I’m going to dump the car as soon as I can, but the resale value is horrible. I love the look and performance of the car, but just simply can not afford all the repairs."

I really love this car.

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "comfort and cargo and great mileage"

Cons: "They are no longer making this model."

"I really love this car. Very comfortable and drives great. It gets great mileage and lots of cargo space."

I LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive, great looking, great interior"

"This car is gorgeous, and is super fun to drive. I love the biege interior and black exterior. it is a luxury sport ride. The maintanence is expensive, but its worth it!. Gas milage not great.. but its worth it!.. you dont buy this car for economy, but for looks fun and the experience!. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to enjoy their ride. THe lights interior at night are red.. and blue super super cool. I love that too. Tires are pricey but get michellins and they will last 80000 miles, also a great lesson."

Rocket Wagen

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Build Quality, Reliability"

Cons: "Regular maintenance is a bit more expensive"

"I've owned my 3.6 wagon for about 2 years now and it's the perfect car for someone who travels for work. I drive about 25k miles/year and the Passat has proven to be fast, comfortable, spacious and durable (exterior and interior finish quality is outstanding for this price range). The only "failure" I've experienced is a defective fuel pressure sensor that was replaced under the certified warranty and otherwise, it has been absolutely reliable. If you are looking for a vehicle with the room of a mid-size SUV but handles more like a sports car, check out the Passat. My only regret is I didn't hold out for one with 4-motion all-wheel drive."

Looks great and fun to drive

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive, great winter handling, smooth sports car like ride"

Cons: "Regular maintenance can be expesive."

"I have owned my Passat for a year. I hesitated to buy it due to some of the reviews but I loved it when I drove it and I got a good price so I bought it. So a year later, I still love this car. I've had no unexpected maintenance problems. I did need breaks and it's not cheap to fix but probably what you would expect from a German car. I have the 3.6 and the car is a rocket. Drives great in the New Hampshire winter. No torque steer. Controls are very intuitive and I like the clean smooth lines of the dash. Also I get about 25mpg."

Luv this Car

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"I love driving this 2008 Passat Sedan. This is my 2nd VW. First was a 2002 Passat Wagon with xtra goodies like moon roof, leather interior and premium Audio system. I would still have this car if not for freak rain storm with high winds that got water into my ABS system and engine. VW are a bit pricey to maintain, but worth it if you take care of it. The new faux leather is better than I expected and I love the few xtra goodies like connection for your MP3 player or cell phone, driver side compartment, umbrella storage in door panel, etc. It zooms up hills like you were on a level road. Its nimble, quick and hugs the curves nicely. On long trips of 250 mi or more you easily get 31-32 mpg. Adjust the seats to your body and you can ride comforably on long trips. I bought it used in May 2008 and no problems yet (cross my fingers)."

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"I have owned this car for 3 years. and it has 36,000 miles. Love the design and it is extremely roomy and comfortable. When it was working properly, the car drove great, but it's only 3 years old and I have had serious problems with the engine and fuel pump. It's in the shop now (has been for over a week while they order numerous parts to try to fix it). Twice within the last 8 months, the check engine light went on because there was no oil in the car despite the fact that I change the oil every 4000 miles when it doesn't even need to be changed until 5000 miles!! (The car left me and my 2 kids stranded about 200 miles from home). They are trying to figure out why the car is burning oil like that. My warranty runs out in about 12 months and I will make sure it is traded in before the warranty expires. Worst vehicle I have purchased as far as reliability and performance."

Excellent Car for Tall People

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"I am 6'6" and I bought the car for style an comfort. I test-drove 20 sedans with my most important criteria being driver comfort, gas mileage, and styling. This was the best."

I'm Disappointed

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"We bought the 2006 New Passat when it first came out and have now had it for 2 1/2 years. Unfortunately we have an "electrical gremlin" in this car that our dealer cannot fix.....The last straw was when it died last night on a busy main street in the evening and needed to be towed to the dealer. I am so unhappy because I love the styling, the zip of the turbo and the handling of this car.....But being stranded is not worth it. I am so disappointed and cannot in good conscience recommend this car. I will be trading it in tomorrow......"

2006 Passat 2.0 Luxury

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I bought mine certified off lease; very tight car. I've owned Lexus and BMW, this car ranks right up there, but short on a few luxury feature, like full power memory seats, rain sensing windshield wipers, Very fun car. Off line power, smooth transmision, drives like a beemer, but with smoother trans, tight suspension, loaded with features. A lot of car for the money. Problems: Weak AC, cupholders, wind noise."

Best available Wagon

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I have been driving this car for more than 6 month. It has all you would expect from a car: great styling, superior handling, powerful in particular with a manual trans, specious and luxurious appearance and excellent safety features. This is a great car which is worth its prices, and, speaking about the price, keep in mind that in Germany comparable equipped passats are right now almost twice as expensive as in the US and nonetheless they sell well in Germany besides the high price and cheap Japanese competitors."

Problems

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Air has gone, several items have had to be replaced - drivers lock buttons were bubbling, driver's and passengers door arm rests were pealing and both back door are bubbling."

It maybe my last VW

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is my second passat and I must admit I loved it. BUT I'm kind of tired of keep going to the dealership to check the warning lights. "already 5 times in a year" I think in a brand new car this is not aceptable. Everything else is fine. Once I'm done with this car I will probably go and try something else but VW."

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, June 1, 2007

"After 8 months of ownwership and more than 20,000 miles I consider this the most 'fun-to-drive' car I ever owned. Acceleration, Trcation and Handling is just superiour to anything in it's class. In contrast to the US and Japanese cars you still feel the 'grip' on the road and the power of the 280hp engine. Fuel economy is much better than indicated. I am doing more 80% of my driving on highways and interstates going usually 75-85 miles and get between 27 and 30 miles per gallon. In city traffic I am down to 20-23. The 4-motion is great, especially on slippery roads and on snow and ice in winter. The wagon style allows me to haul my family."

Great starter car for new driver. Safe and sporty.

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, maintained properly, great starter car"

Cons: "Needs new turbo, tires"

A good first, new driver car.

"This was a very reliable car. Put money and time into it to keep in good shape but latest repair was too costly for me. It needs a new turbo but the body, engine, and frame are still in good condition. Someone who is car savvy could have the car humming again in no time. Belts were replaced a little of 100K miles. Must take car as is."

A good first, new driver car.

Very Smooth and Solid Ride

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value"

Love at first sight

"I have had numerous VWs and Audis, This Passat is the best! Not because it is the newest, but because the refinement in this car is fantastic. Everyone who rides in it asks again, 'What Car is this?" because it rides so smoothly over these New York Streets. I purchased this car in September of 2013 with 92k miles, and now in Feb of 2014, I have 102k miles. I have had zero issues, and have enjoyed the Fuel efficiency of the Turbo 4cyl, as well as the Power and torque this motor has. The features of my LUX edition wagon are excellant, and in my opinion, are better at thier ingunuity than the BMW, and Mercedes Wagons I looked at. I would heartily recommend this car for anyone looking for Value that carries with it Panache."

Love at first sight

Good car with hidden secrets

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Drives nice, plenty of power"

Cons: "Expensive repairs"

"I bought the car from a certified dealership in Missouri. Within six months, the car has been in the shop twice. The first time was because of a bad head gasket (70,000 miles) and the second time was because the starter went bad (74,000 miles). Luckily I had the extended 100k mile warranty on it. It is a very comfortable car and drives nice. Its quiet and smooth on the road with plenty of power. Everybody tells me not to get discouraged about keeping it. I guess I just have bad taste because I bought this car so I wouldn't have a break down with another."

My favorite Car

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas, drive, comfort, dependability, smooth"

"I've had plenty of cars in the past, but this car I LOVE. It has all the extra's I want, it drives smooth to this day with all the miles I've put on it. I have no problems with my Passat Komfort. The call it Komfort for a reason, it's comfortable and great for long trips. The interior is spacious and I LOVE my sound system, the option of Ipod in the glove, the storage compartments, the wide tires, the sunroof size, cruise control, gas/mileage ratio, panel information, quick pick up, and excellent trunk space. I am hesitant to buy another Passat, because I love this one too much. That's why I plan on keeping this for a very very long time. Ok, now the downer, when I use the turbo, it uses up a bit more oil so that must be watched. But then again, all turbo vehicles do just this. I did have the windows tinted, but that's the only thing I've done to it."

My first German car but not my last

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant, roomy, fuel efficient, :)"

"I absolutely, positively love owing this car. I purchase it with 68k miles and have owned it for 3 years. I will admit that a few months after I bought the car I had an issue with the cooling system and had to replace the compressor which was about 1k dollars but I had an extended warranty and only paid 100 bucks for my deductible. Aside from that no other issues, love the power from the turbo powered engine and the gas mileage from the v4. I've had automatic cars and standard cars as well but this is the first car I owned with a tiptronic transmission which is the best of both worlds if you ask me. when I want to drive relaxed I put it on D but when I feel like driving stick I engage the tiptronic. Elegance and style with that sports feel if you ask me once you go german there's no coming back!"

great car all around

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "*all listed in review*"

Cons: "*all listed in review*"

personally id rather see a pic of the inside, so here it is, from the drivers seat

"im in the military, stationed in florida and this was my first car outta college. i was and am thoroughly impressed with this car. i love just about everything about it. here are a couple likes/dislikes in my opinion; LIKES: -sporty style of body as a sedan -great gas mileage (i average 32 mixed city/hwy) -amazing sound system stock -well designed interior -'little luxuries' like adjustable center council, red glow from above stick shifter, computer, chrome trim, etc... -great driving feel, very responsive -HUGE trunk -loads of interior room (im 6'3" and i still have legroom in the back seat...) -reliability -quality at price -full size spare! DISLIKES; -dont like the electric parking brake, wish there was a traditional handbrake -not many customization options out there -electronic stability control sometimes doesnt work in wet weather when taking off from a halt -manual passenger seat (no electronic adjustments at all) -$80 oil changes :( -rear brakes need to be "re-tacked" so the dealership has to do them (~$400) IMPARTIAL; -18 gallon tank -electric brakes -yes, you read that right, ELECTRIC (ie no brake fluid all wires) As you can tell i really have a lot of respect for this car, overall i cant complain. im kind of a car guy so i appreciate the responsive throttle and the turbo is beyond nice. on that note the turbo spin up time is incredibly short for being stock. i also like the tight steering and the fact that the power steering helps compensate at higher speeds. the suspension is nice, i think its a VW thing but the front suspension squeaks at low speeds (ive seen/heard 3 other passats like mine make the same noise). as far as burning oil like VW is known for, i have no problems. ive had this car a year now and between the 3 oil changes ive had to add oil once, and that was my fault because i went almost 8,000 miles on 1 oil change (i know call me dumb but everyone does it). the car is comfortable, even for me. i drove this car literally 23 hrs straight and i didnt get uncomfortable until about the 13-14 hr mark (if you dont believe me mapquest mid florida to iowa, ya 23 hrs). the noise level within the car leaves room for improvement but with the 8 speaker stereo system on your side its not really noticeable. you can definitely tell this car was designed for the autobahn because the ride of the car actually improves with speed, that and the fact when you want to pass up somebody and punch the gas the acceleration is top notch. it will literally push u back in your seat. so overall i think ive covered just about all i can. if i missed anything you were looking for specifically i apologize. ill definitely be holding onto this car for a long time, and would suggest this car to anyone."

This car is my baby!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "The headlights and grill appear to smile at you :D"

"I love this car! It was the best "first nice car" I ever could have picked. Good price for good quality german engineering! My only bone to pick with this car is that the film/material they use over the controls around the radio/cd console seems to bubble up and chip off in reaction to hot or cold. This also happens on the interior of the door on the lock buttons. The car itself drives terrific and I feel very safe in this vehicle!"