2009 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Best available Wagon

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I have been driving this car for more than 6 month. It has all you would expect from a car: great styling, superior handling, powerful in particular with a manual trans, specious and luxurious appearance and excellent safety features. This is a great car which is worth its prices, and, speaking about the price, keep in mind that in Germany comparable equipped passats are right now almost twice as expensive as in the US and nonetheless they sell well in Germany besides the high price and cheap Japanese competitors."

Problems

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Air has gone, several items have had to be replaced - drivers lock buttons were bubbling, driver's and passengers door arm rests were pealing and both back door are bubbling."

It maybe my last VW

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is my second passat and I must admit I loved it. BUT I'm kind of tired of keep going to the dealership to check the warning lights. "already 5 times in a year" I think in a brand new car this is not aceptable. Everything else is fine. Once I'm done with this car I will probably go and try something else but VW."

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, June 1, 2007

"After 8 months of ownwership and more than 20,000 miles I consider this the most 'fun-to-drive' car I ever owned. Acceleration, Trcation and Handling is just superiour to anything in it's class. In contrast to the US and Japanese cars you still feel the 'grip' on the road and the power of the 280hp engine. Fuel economy is much better than indicated. I am doing more 80% of my driving on highways and interstates going usually 75-85 miles and get between 27 and 30 miles per gallon. In city traffic I am down to 20-23. The 4-motion is great, especially on slippery roads and on snow and ice in winter. The wagon style allows me to haul my family."

Very Smooth and Solid Ride

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value"

Love at first sight

"I have had numerous VWs and Audis, This Passat is the best! Not because it is the newest, but because the refinement in this car is fantastic. Everyone who rides in it asks again, 'What Car is this?" because it rides so smoothly over these New York Streets. I purchased this car in September of 2013 with 92k miles, and now in Feb of 2014, I have 102k miles. I have had zero issues, and have enjoyed the Fuel efficiency of the Turbo 4cyl, as well as the Power and torque this motor has. The features of my LUX edition wagon are excellant, and in my opinion, are better at thier ingunuity than the BMW, and Mercedes Wagons I looked at. I would heartily recommend this car for anyone looking for Value that carries with it Panache."

Love at first sight