2009 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Luv this Car

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"I love driving this 2008 Passat Sedan. This is my 2nd VW. First was a 2002 Passat Wagon with xtra goodies like moon roof, leather interior and premium Audio system. I would still have this car if not for freak rain storm with high winds that got water into my ABS system and engine. VW are a bit pricey to maintain, but worth it if you take care of it. The new faux leather is better than I expected and I love the few xtra goodies like connection for your MP3 player or cell phone, driver side compartment, umbrella storage in door panel, etc. It zooms up hills like you were on a level road. Its nimble, quick and hugs the curves nicely. On long trips of 250 mi or more you easily get 31-32 mpg. Adjust the seats to your body and you can ride comforably on long trips. I bought it used in May 2008 and no problems yet (cross my fingers)."

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"I have owned this car for 3 years. and it has 36,000 miles. Love the design and it is extremely roomy and comfortable. When it was working properly, the car drove great, but it's only 3 years old and I have had serious problems with the engine and fuel pump. It's in the shop now (has been for over a week while they order numerous parts to try to fix it). Twice within the last 8 months, the check engine light went on because there was no oil in the car despite the fact that I change the oil every 4000 miles when it doesn't even need to be changed until 5000 miles!! (The car left me and my 2 kids stranded about 200 miles from home). They are trying to figure out why the car is burning oil like that. My warranty runs out in about 12 months and I will make sure it is traded in before the warranty expires. Worst vehicle I have purchased as far as reliability and performance."

Excellent Car for Tall People

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"I am 6'6" and I bought the car for style an comfort. I test-drove 20 sedans with my most important criteria being driver comfort, gas mileage, and styling. This was the best."

I'm Disappointed

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"We bought the 2006 New Passat when it first came out and have now had it for 2 1/2 years. Unfortunately we have an "electrical gremlin" in this car that our dealer cannot fix.....The last straw was when it died last night on a busy main street in the evening and needed to be towed to the dealer. I am so unhappy because I love the styling, the zip of the turbo and the handling of this car.....But being stranded is not worth it. I am so disappointed and cannot in good conscience recommend this car. I will be trading it in tomorrow......"

2006 Passat 2.0 Luxury

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I bought mine certified off lease; very tight car. I've owned Lexus and BMW, this car ranks right up there, but short on a few luxury feature, like full power memory seats, rain sensing windshield wipers, Very fun car. Off line power, smooth transmision, drives like a beemer, but with smoother trans, tight suspension, loaded with features. A lot of car for the money. Problems: Weak AC, cupholders, wind noise."

Best available Wagon

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I have been driving this car for more than 6 month. It has all you would expect from a car: great styling, superior handling, powerful in particular with a manual trans, specious and luxurious appearance and excellent safety features. This is a great car which is worth its prices, and, speaking about the price, keep in mind that in Germany comparable equipped passats are right now almost twice as expensive as in the US and nonetheless they sell well in Germany besides the high price and cheap Japanese competitors."

Problems

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Air has gone, several items have had to be replaced - drivers lock buttons were bubbling, driver's and passengers door arm rests were pealing and both back door are bubbling."

It maybe my last VW

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This is my second passat and I must admit I loved it. BUT I'm kind of tired of keep going to the dealership to check the warning lights. "already 5 times in a year" I think in a brand new car this is not aceptable. Everything else is fine. Once I'm done with this car I will probably go and try something else but VW."

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, June 1, 2007

"After 8 months of ownwership and more than 20,000 miles I consider this the most 'fun-to-drive' car I ever owned. Acceleration, Trcation and Handling is just superiour to anything in it's class. In contrast to the US and Japanese cars you still feel the 'grip' on the road and the power of the 280hp engine. Fuel economy is much better than indicated. I am doing more 80% of my driving on highways and interstates going usually 75-85 miles and get between 27 and 30 miles per gallon. In city traffic I am down to 20-23. The 4-motion is great, especially on slippery roads and on snow and ice in winter. The wagon style allows me to haul my family."

Very Smooth and Solid Ride

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value"

Love at first sight

"I have had numerous VWs and Audis, This Passat is the best! Not because it is the newest, but because the refinement in this car is fantastic. Everyone who rides in it asks again, 'What Car is this?" because it rides so smoothly over these New York Streets. I purchased this car in September of 2013 with 92k miles, and now in Feb of 2014, I have 102k miles. I have had zero issues, and have enjoyed the Fuel efficiency of the Turbo 4cyl, as well as the Power and torque this motor has. The features of my LUX edition wagon are excellant, and in my opinion, are better at thier ingunuity than the BMW, and Mercedes Wagons I looked at. I would heartily recommend this car for anyone looking for Value that carries with it Panache."

Love at first sight