2009 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 514 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"I have owned this car for 3 years. and it has 36,000 miles. Love the design and it is extremely roomy and comfortable. When it was working properly, the car drove great, but it's only 3 years old and I have had serious problems with the engine and fuel pump. It's in the shop now (has been for over a week while they order numerous parts to try to fix it). Twice within the last 8 months, the check engine light went on because there was no oil in the car despite the fact that I change the oil every 4000 miles when it doesn't even need to be changed until 5000 miles!! (The car left me and my 2 kids stranded about 200 miles from home). They are trying to figure out why the car is burning oil like that. My warranty runs out in about 12 months and I will make sure it is traded in before the warranty expires. Worst vehicle I have purchased as far as reliability and performance."

Excellent Car for Tall People

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"I am 6'6" and I bought the car for style an comfort. I test-drove 20 sedans with my most important criteria being driver comfort, gas mileage, and styling. This was the best."

I'm Disappointed

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"We bought the 2006 New Passat when it first came out and have now had it for 2 1/2 years. Unfortunately we have an "electrical gremlin" in this car that our dealer cannot fix.....The last straw was when it died last night on a busy main street in the evening and needed to be towed to the dealer. I am so unhappy because I love the styling, the zip of the turbo and the handling of this car.....But being stranded is not worth it. I am so disappointed and cannot in good conscience recommend this car. I will be trading it in tomorrow......"

2006 Passat 2.0 Luxury

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I bought mine certified off lease; very tight car. I've owned Lexus and BMW, this car ranks right up there, but short on a few luxury feature, like full power memory seats, rain sensing windshield wipers, Very fun car. Off line power, smooth transmision, drives like a beemer, but with smoother trans, tight suspension, loaded with features. A lot of car for the money. Problems: Weak AC, cupholders, wind noise."

Best available Wagon

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I have been driving this car for more than 6 month. It has all you would expect from a car: great styling, superior handling, powerful in particular with a manual trans, specious and luxurious appearance and excellent safety features. This is a great car which is worth its prices, and, speaking about the price, keep in mind that in Germany comparable equipped passats are right now almost twice as expensive as in the US and nonetheless they sell well in Germany besides the high price and cheap Japanese competitors."