1994 Volkswagen Passat

7.9

Based on 15 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

last resort

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"very unreliable with high miles. it is very comfortable"

My Divorce Car

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

"I bought this car 2 yrs ago with a salvage title from a yard when I had to turn in my 2008 Wrangler in to pay my child support after a bitter $150K divorce. Prior, to that it had one owner and had been sitting in the guys yard for years - it had 89K miles and it started right up. I have literally put minimal $$ into it and it has never stranded me. I am devoted to this Passat because it has gotten me through the worst patch in my life. At times it was the only reliable thing in my life."

EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT

By on Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Other than everyday uptake on the car no parts were changed on it for twelve years, then things went wrong. The only problem with this car is that it could possibly clean out your bank account. My VR6 was absolutely perfect once I had finished replacing almost everything, but I know it's a good ten year investment. I plan to have this car as a daily driver for another forty years."

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"This 92 Passat has been in the family since 1993. Two daughters owned it before Dad bought it in 2002. It has been in Alabama, Missouri, Arkansas and now resides in Kansas. It is very fuel efficient (36 MPG Hiway)(31 city/hiway). The maintenance problems are mainly getting parts. It is a lot more expensive than my GM car when it comes to service. Biggest problem was just recently when I had to replace the balance shaft bearings, which meant pulling the engine. Put a head gasket on at the 200k mark. Exhaust is very expensive to replace. Original clutch after 251k is surprising. Overall a great car, but it is now for sale because of reliability. Can't be sure if we are going to get to final destination, some electrical issues."

Very Fragile

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"A good vehicle until something happens to it. Any little bumps or Dings and little things start breaking all over the place. Also hard to find parts for it. Good vehicle overall though."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next