ZIP code

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1135 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.2/10
    7.6/10

Fun, zippy, great mileage

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "cramped in the backseat"

"I love the TDIs. I get about 47mpg highway in this, no major problems with it at all. The two door is sometimes a hassle, but it's a sporty, fun car with great gas mileage. Handles much better than a Prius, too!"

Not worth the money

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"Not only is the car more expensive to fix than a BMW, I had one problem after the other. I put new breaks (front AND back), a waterpump, ball joints, and more into it in less than six months. I put about $1,000 into the car, and I still have problems. VW's are known for electrical problems and it has proven to be true in my case. It does get pretty good mileage, about 32-34 MPG but it is not worth all the trouble and money when I only owned the car for two years."

On the fence

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I loved my 2001 GLX Silver Turbo Beetle when I bought it. I have also read many of the reviews here. I too have had several visits to the shop for various things. From the reported Airbag module fault (replaced), some Turbo valve (replaced), the manual transmission had a loose klunk sound almost since new and I never did anything as they said the whole transmission would need to come out to fix it. When my car was nearing the end of the extended warranty I bought (came with 2 year warranty only), I decided to get it fixed. Due to how they designed the transmission, the flywheel which was the problem was attached to some other piece which basically meant they had to replace the whole transmission. Which was a bonus for me, but scary that if i have a problem later, will be expensive due to how they design stuff. Also of course, the expensive headlight replacement as it was too hard to change myself, not like older american cars which was simple. I love the car, the idea of the car, but VW should focus more on reliability of the components."

THE WORST CAR EVER BUILT

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Bought the car brand new. Now with 40,000 in 6.5 years. VW was great with their handicapped driver program. The car got great safety ratings. So, it was a no brainer. Well, that was the END of the satisfaction. Poor gas mileage, that has never improved.(15city/19hwy) Many electrical problems, WAY TOO MANY RECALLS!!!(15 so far) Some for the same issue. Poor engineering, quality, & reliability. Dealerships are not equipped to take care of the problems.(I have tryed 4 in my area.) Every plastic piece on the car that could possably fall off, HAS. AND, what is up with the "Stewart Little" sunvisors??? I think they should have kept this car on the drawing board. This is definatly NOT a Volkswagen like I remeber. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS!!! NEW OR USED."

Best Little Car in Texas

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"When the 80 year old woman at our church bought this car back in 2000, I thought to myself that this would be a perfect school car for my then 11 year old daughter. Sure enough, 5 years later, just in time for her 16th birthday, the lady lets me know she's ready for new car. While I paid a little bit more than I wanted to at the time, this has been a perfect car for my daughter and suits her to a T. I did have to get the window motor replaced on the driver's side and a reflector on the back side disappeared and I had to get that replaced. The remote control quit working and it wasn't cheap to replace at the dealer. I found an independent mechanic who specialized in VW's and is very, very reasonable. We love this car and are very happy with it's performance and durability. Remember, it was 5 years old when we got it. Keep on Buggin!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals