2008 Volkswagen New Beetle

6.9

Based on 1136 Ratings for the 1998 - 2010 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Not worth the money

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"Not only is the car more expensive to fix than a BMW, I had one problem after the other. I put new breaks (front AND back), a waterpump, ball joints, and more into it in less than six months. I put about $1,000 into the car, and I still have problems. VW's are known for electrical problems and it has proven to be true in my case. It does get pretty good mileage, about 32-34 MPG but it is not worth all the trouble and money when I only owned the car for two years."

THE WORST CAR EVER BUILT

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"Bought the car brand new. Now with 40,000 in 6.5 years. VW was great with their handicapped driver program. The car got great safety ratings. So, it was a no brainer. Well, that was the END of the satisfaction. Poor gas mileage, that has never improved.(15city/19hwy) Many electrical problems, WAY TOO MANY RECALLS!!!(15 so far) Some for the same issue. Poor engineering, quality, & reliability. Dealerships are not equipped to take care of the problems.(I have tryed 4 in my area.) Every plastic piece on the car that could possably fall off, HAS. AND, what is up with the "Stewart Little" sunvisors??? I think they should have kept this car on the drawing board. This is definatly NOT a Volkswagen like I remeber. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS!!! NEW OR USED."

WORST TRANSMISSION EVER !!!

By on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The transmission on these cars are horrible. Mine failed at 60,000 miles the dealer quoted me $6,000 to replace it with a refurbished one!! The car's Blue book value was $9,000 Many outside mechanics refused to touch the transmission. Finally I found one who would do it for $3,000. It never worked and I am still struggling with it!!! NEVER BUY ONE !! PLEASE !!!!"

Best Little Car in Texas

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"When the 80 year old woman at our church bought this car back in 2000, I thought to myself that this would be a perfect school car for my then 11 year old daughter. Sure enough, 5 years later, just in time for her 16th birthday, the lady lets me know she's ready for new car. While I paid a little bit more than I wanted to at the time, this has been a perfect car for my daughter and suits her to a T. I did have to get the window motor replaced on the driver's side and a reflector on the back side disappeared and I had to get that replaced. The remote control quit working and it wasn't cheap to replace at the dealer. I found an independent mechanic who specialized in VW's and is very, very reasonable. We love this car and are very happy with it's performance and durability. Remember, it was 5 years old when we got it. Keep on Buggin!"

love the car

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and cheep on gass"

Cons: "parts are expensive"

"i will have this car for a long time. i have replaced the alternator and the ac. it is a lot of fun to drive"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Volkswagen New Beetle near Honolulu. See local deals