2016 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,681 - $30,085.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/02/2017

10/8.4

8.4

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Love my car!

By on Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, solid, great price, low maintenance"

Cons: "It won't last forever :("

"In light of all the stigma attached to VW Diesels these days, I still love my car. I tested it two years ago and was able to successfully drive at 70 mph 1,083 miles on one tank of diesel fuel traveling from NC to NH. I probably had another 80 miles I could have driven on the same tank but I didn't want to chance it at that point. My Jetta is a safe, reliable, comfortable six-speed manual with amazing turbo power, a great moonroof and I truly 'got what I paid for.' The car is solid, holds the road well (I got 67K miles on the original tires!), doesn't require much maintainence other than the standard warranty and that covers most everything. I'm at 82K miles on the same set of brake pads and my clutch is holding great. VW makes a great car and although the stigma is here, I still stand with my car as a reliable purchase in 2013, value for dollar. I average 47 mpg city and 55-60 mpg highway. I don't like that I might be polluting the air more than needed but it's still a great car and I know that VWGOA will do right by the people and their cars. I am certain other companies have the same issues but just haven't been caught yet but who am I to judge? I love my car and I think anyone who wants a diesel and a stick should look at the Jettas, a roomy sedan with a sporty feel."

2017 VW Jetta SE Manual - Pure White/Titan Black

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Road Noise, Features, Fuel Mileage, Price"

Cons: "Horsepower/Torque.. but thats asking for a lot"

"I ended up buying this car for under $17,500 new. For the price, it was a great decision. Many fault the Jetta for the lack of design appeal, but it looks as sharp as any compact car in my opinion. The leatherette seats are comfortable, and as an SE it has all the options I could ask for. Even some I don't use (blind spot indicators, Sirius XM radio, etc.) could appeal to others who would use them. I drove from central Pennsylvania to southern North Carolina on 15/16ths of a tank. It only cost $27.00 to completely refill the tank. What a great investment for a commuter car. It is comfortable, up to date, and sips fuel. You cannot beat this car for what I paid. Hands down the best decision I made all year long."

Great for a first car!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "great car! Reliable! good on gas! comfortable ride"

Cons: "no backseat air vents"

"If you are looking for a car for a car for just yourself or for your child, I highly recommend! They drive so smooth and make for a good ride! The only con I would have to say about this car is that there are no air vents for your passengers in the back seat, which is pretty odd. There is vents at their feet but that is all. Also if you are looking for something good on gas you're looking in the right spot! The price for these cars are very reasonable. I have owned one for nearly a year, a family friend recommend them and I have truly fell in love with it! This car is more so for a college student or someone who doesn't plan on having a pile of people ride (just because of the air in the car)."

Loving Every sMile

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "clean, easy to drive, smooth ride"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I bought this car used and have put 40k miles on it. AC Fan went out, replaced under warrenty. That's been the only major issue in the car. It runs great, cool AC, nice leather seats. Very sporty. Not the best get up and go, but it's a good balance between fuel economy and power. I didn't get the loaded options so display from the onboard computers is limited. This is easily solved by OBD2 sensor connected to an android cell phone for only $25 versus the $1000 or so it would cost from the VW."

2017 Jetta S

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "heat and a/c"

"I have owned this car for 4 months now. Car seems solidly built.Gas mileage has been up to 42 on the highway and I have averaged 36 mpg overall.Sits a little low for me but maybe fine for most people.Seems roomier than a lot of other smaller cars.The factory tires do not look like they will be good in snow probably more for gas mileage.Not sure about the HVAC maybe the cars weak point.Takes sometime to really heat the interior and with little experience yet I think a/c may be weak also.Considering the price I paid I feel it was one of the better values for a new car."