2013 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

2012 Jetta SEL Premium is Awesome!!

By on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful interior, great value"

Cons: "Might be higher maintenance costs"

"Bought the car used from a dealer. Former car was a Camry. As someone who enjoys driving I would definitely recommend this. The 5-cyl engine provides great power and the vehicle handles quite well, better than any sedan you'll drive for the price. Design, interior and exterior, is simple and smart - no unnecessary gadgets, everything you need minus everything you don't. The SEL Premium package includes a sunroof, alloy wheels, the Fender audio system, is bluetooth-enabled, and has built-in navigation. The seats are comfortable and overall the cabin is a pleasant place to spend hours on the road if need be. The trunk is huge - and when I bought mine it came with the VW Cargo system which is essentially plastic dividers with Velcro that you can use to hold groceries, luggage, etc. in place. It looks huge compared to my old Camry's trunk. As for gas mileage, 24 city/31 highway is advertised, but so far I have averaged nearly 33 mpg combined, while never getting less than 27 for a full tank, which I consider impressive due to my driving style. Overall I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing this car. For someone who wants a more dynamic and engaging driving experience, a few essential tech features, and a really nice interior, VW is the choice for you. Despite the diesel emissions scandal, their products are generally of a higher quality than other manufacturers and their gasoline vehicles drive just fine."

Very Good Car

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pros: "Handling, power, interior design"

Cons: "Interior hard plastics, non-exciting design"

"I bought the 2013 Jetta SE w/Convenience new and am approaching 50k miles. I have really enjoyed this car thus far. One of my main considerations when purchasing this car was driving dynamics. I really love the way the Jetta drives. It's predictable and goes exactly where you want it to go. Handling is spot on. For me the steering is sometimes on the light side, but is better than average. Ride comfort is perfect. Suspension is a perfect tune for everyday driving. Power is better than most in the class. The Jetta is quick and very responsive once on the accelerator. I have the automatic and it is a very good auto; very responsive and very quick to shift. As for the design, for me the exterior is not overwhelmingly exciting, yet very handsome. Interior, the design is perfect; however, the materials could be a little better. The hard plastics on the dashboard have good graining but aren't very appealing to the touch. Seats are very comfortable and everything is laid out where you would expect it to be. The backseat has plenty of room as well as the trunk. A very nice cabin is accompanied by some upscale features such as one-touch windows for all four windows are a plus. The gauges are extremely easy to read. As far as reliability, I have had no concerning issues at all, just common maintenance including oil changes, new tires, and headlight replacements. Overall, the Jetta is a fantastic car for day to day driving and makes even the drive to work more enjoyable than your average sedan."

Great daily driver

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"solid transportation"

Bland and slow

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reason: Didn't like it

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Very sluggish, bland"

"Very bad car, owned it for one year. It's very bland, engine is sluggish and uncomfortable"

Powerful yet gets 43mpg. Better than a hybrid

By on Monday, December 3, 2012

"I love my jetta, I love Diesel engines, especially when it gets over 40mpg. Diesel engine last longer than gas engine(google it!) The torque in accelerating is way better than a hybrid. Hybrid cars are more expensive but runs on the cheaper gas. It will save you money every time you fill it up. On the other hand, jetta doesn't really save you money when you fill it up, diesel are more expensive tan premium gas, but this car was built to last. Check on some beat up diesel trucks from 1970s and it could still run-amazing.. I bought this car because it is the cheapest diesel car that I could find. Also, I could forgive this car when it jerks sometimes."