2013 Volkswagen Jetta

8.4

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2011 - 2018 models.

Superb Vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pros: "Unbeatable gas mileage"

Cons: "Some interior design and durability issues"

"I drive 140 miles every day. In snow, this car attacks the snow. In rain, it avoids hydroplaning. In windy conditions, it holds to its lane with minor impact. I deal with crazy drivers on a daily basis--it gives me quick acceleration when I need it and safe deceleration as well. You simply cannot beat the gas mileage. It designed with German efficiency and a touch of style. My only regret is that the seats are having a tough time withstanding the crayon, dirty feet, spilled milk launched daily by my 5 year old from the back seat."

Audi A4 performance for VW Price Tag

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Sporty yet practical, premium feel for less $$"

Cons: "Missing a few top notch refinements and features"

"I recently traded my high performance Volvo S60R for a 2013 VW GLI. I was hesitant because I had become spoiled by the Volvo's amazing power, luxury options and overall attention to clean design detail. I spent countless hours doing research and decided to test drive a few cars, the 2013 GLI being one of them. I was immediately impressed with the sporty feel of the GLI, the handling and tight road feel were right up my alley, and finding a manual transmission excited me as well. The small details like the red stitching, ergonomically friendly layout of instruments (typical VW) and overall "feel" of the car convinced me to make the purchase. I was surprised by the rear legroom in this car, it is HUGE compared to other cars I looked at. It has more room than the Mercedes E class! I LOVE this car and it is a JOY to drive every day. The only slight drawbacks are: * Small Navigation screen (that said, the "heads up" display in the center panel keeps your eyes forward) * Driver seat adjustments-- lacking lumbar support and the ability to raise or lower the FRONT of the seat itself, I tend to prefer the back of the seat low but the front raised for a more supportive feeling * Rain sensing wipers: I loved this feature on my 6 year older Volvo-- spoiled I know, but I suppose I will get used to it * Multi-disc changer: again, spoiled by the Volvo I suppose Overall, I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat. It is just the right mix of practical and sporty for me."

Luxury reliability and great fuel efficiency for $

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Cool and great fuel $"

Cons: "Acceleration but it is a diesel..oxymoron"

"Luxury, reliability and phenomenal fuel efficiency w TDI model. Seats are very lumbar supportive and the heated seats to die for."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"June 1ST I purchased a 2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8 Turbo w/Connectivity and Navigation. Heated seats/Bluetooth/Moon Roof/Rear Camera Graphite Blue w/Black Interior. This Jetta replaces a 2014 Toyota Corolla "S" Premium. I love the Jetta in fact the 1.8 Turbo has a lot of get up and go plus the torque is an added bonus. Since I have only had the car for a short time I am extremely pleased with performance and cabin space. I plan to keep this car for a long time. The Toyota Corolla purchase was not a good choice for many reasons. The biggest negative was the CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) Very noisy. I like how well the interior switches light up at night. Very easy to see and use. Bluetooth activates quickly. I drive 46 miles round trip to work each day. At present I can't give an accurate fuel economy rating. I would highly recommend this car. Comfortable and a blast to drive."

Perfect car, with a few minor caveats

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, handling, comfort, fun to drive"

Cons: "HWY road noise, Nav system, needs better lumbar"

"Love this car's design, economy, torque, and comfort. We have TDI model with all possible options. Only downsides to this car, in my opinion: Navigation system is non-user friendly, and HORRIBLE. Less intuitive than my 7 year old Garmin portable GPS. I would rate Nav system a 3 out of 10. I will replace the Nav with an aftermarket double DIN GPS in the future. Pano sunroof is awesome, but contributes to road noise. 17 inch VW premium wheels/OEM Continental tires contribute to road noise too. Even with our new aftermarket thicker side walled tires, still pretty noisy on most highways. Less highway road noise would be appreciated. Wish front seats had adjustable lumbar support."